Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Glen

What else are you backing on Kickstarter

I just wanted to know what other people are backing on Kickstarter?

I am backing two cross platform adventure games:

AR-K : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/ar-k-a-dark-acid-adventure-comedy?ref=category

Jack Houston and the Necronaughts: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/warbirdgames/jack-houston-and-the-necronauts?ref=live

I find Kickstarter's search function quite limited and I want to make sure I am not missing out on any other linux adventure games...

I'm backing these games so far:

DFA

Dead State

Wasteland 2

Shadowrun Returns

I don't think my wallet can afford much more backing for the time being. Going on holiday soon and post-holiday is always the most painful economic time before the next salary comes.

I've still yet to back anything. However, I've got a feeling that I'll be sending $15 to DoubleFine for the DoubleFine Adventure.

Like right now.

I am currently backing the dead tree format of the Webcomic 'Walking on Broken Glass'. Also I am looking at an art project where they are taking video games characters and making them in the style of Japanese wood block prints.

Edit: This is of course in addition to DFA.

I have already backed double fine, wasteland, banner saga, republique, and some other smaller games, but now I am getting into some comics. You guys should check out reMIND, its a graphic novel in what looks to be an amazing hardbound book. Its a story about underwater lizard-man and brain transplantation and covering the realms of sci-fi. You can check it out at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brubaker/remind-volume-2-and-box-set

He also has a website where you can read the first volume online if you are interested.

I'm currently only backing the OUYA as my other Kickstarter, but I'm definitely always on the hunt for new projects that interest me!

I'm currently backing the Ouya and a great podcast called 99% Invisible. I tend to only go for people that have actually produced work before than people new to the game. Because if you want something bad enough you would have already made something your own back.

Let's see:

- Double Fine Adventure

- Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded

- Republique

- Carmageddon Reincarnation

- Lilly Looking Through

- Ouya

In hindsight, I don't think I should've gone with LSL, since I've never really cared much for that series. But I was still riding the high of the DFA kickstarter and thought this would be a rare opportunity to revive the adventure game genre. If I had known how many other adventure games would pop up, I probably would've chosen them more carefully.

I have only backed DFA and that was mainly because of Tim Schafer and Double Fine being part of the project, maybe after I see the finished Double Fine Adventure I will donate to other projects, but right now its only going to be this one.

Only a few things have convinced me to part with some money. I almost backed Ouya, but money was a bit tight and the Oculus is far more appealing to me as a developer.

Double Fine Adventure

I adore DF and their work, so this was a no brainer.

THORIUM Molten Salt Reactor

Always interested in alternative forms of energy, so I tossed a few bucks in here.

Oculus Rift (Dev Kit)

If this delivers on it's promises, this piece of hardware is going to redefine what it means to be immersed in a video game world. I am exceptionally excited to get my hands on this. I've assigned a fair chunk of my gaming/leisure time to prepare myself (as a programmer) for the Oculus's release in December. Planning to hit the ground running once it arrives at my doorstep.

Code Hero

I do my best to support clever teaching tools, and this one is pretty damn clever. It turns programming into a game.

I've back most major adventure game projects. When I'm a huge fan, I spend a lot of money, when I'm less of a fan, I choose a less expensive reward tier, but I feel the genre needs support from its fans!

So I've backed:

- DFA

- Larry 1 Reloaded

- Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road (Moebius)

- SpaceVenture

- Tex Murphy

- Lilly Looking Through

- Detective Grimoire

And of course, not on Kickstarter (because they are a Spanish developper), but still great, Pendulo Studio's Day One.

They are struggling to meet their goal and it would be nice if more adventure game fans could support them. You can have the game for as low as $15 / €12 and they have some great rewards. Their campaign page is multilingual and you can pay via credit card or Paypal.

Shadowrun Online FUNDED!

Project Giana In Progress

Wings: Director's Cut In Progress

The Other Brothers In Progress

John K's "Cans Without Labels" FUNDED!

Jack Houston and the Necronauts FUNDED!

STAR COMMAND: Kickstart Part 2 - The PC/Mac Space Adventure FUNDED!

OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console FUNDED!

Super Techno Kitten Adventure Unsuccessful

Quest For Infamy - An Adventure Game By Infamous Quests FUNDED!

SKYJACKER Unsuccessful

Diamond Trust of London FUNDED!

Pinball Arcade: The Twilight Zone FUNDED!

Tex Murphy - Project Fedora FUNDED!

Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest FUNDED!

Grim Dawn FUNDED!

Zpocalypse: An Epic Zombie Survival Board Game FUNDED!

Spirit of the Century Presents: The Dinocalypse Trilogy FUNDED!

Shadowrun Returns FUNDED!

FTL: Faster Than Light FUNDED!

The Banner Saga FUNDED!

High Score - 3rd Edition: A Game History Book FUNDED!

Wasteland 2 FUNDED!

Nubuwo Debut Bundle: adventures in videogame audio FUNDED!

Saturday Morning RPG FUNDED!

Idle Thumbs Video Game Podcast FUNDED!

...Mhmm... judging by this list, it seems that I've developed a bad habit when it comes to Kickstarter... Oh, well... :blank:

Here is my small backing list. It all startet with DFA

Video Games:

* DFA

* Star Command 2nd Kickstarter

Books:

* Steampunk Holmes

Boardgames

* Relic Knights (Currently Funding)

* Tentacle Bento (Canceled by KS)

The last game I backed was Republique! I was offline for a couple of months and missed Tex Murphy.... NOOOOOOOOO!

My list (so far) is:

DFA

Republique

Shadowrun

Banner Saga

Wasteland 2

I opted out of Lowe's Larry and Jensen's Mobius... I'll see what those game look like when they're released - and then decide if I want to buy them.

I'm thinking about backing The Two Guys (off Kickstarter) in their new thing but haven't decided yet.

The full story of my addiction to Kickstarter as told by projects I back. Looking back at them all I am a bit worried about the lack of rewards that have so far found their way to me.

Decentralize the web with Diaspora

Diaspora will be an open source personal web server to protect and share all of your stuff online. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Punk Mathematics

Part math book, part online event, Punk Mathematics is an introduction to mathematical thinking for people who question everything. - FUNDED

TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay – Away From Keyboard

Will Anakata, Tiamo and Brokep stay online? - FUNDED

Neil Gaiman's The Price

A uniquely stylized CG animated film based on the short story "The Price" by award-winning author Neil Gaiman. - FUNDED

Within Reach Movie [Finishing Funds]

A documentary film about one couple's 6,500 mile bike-packing journey to visit 100 sustainable communities and find a new home. - FUNDED

The Nature of Code Book Project

A book about applying topics from mathematics, physics, and generative algorithms to computational systems. With Processing! - FUNDED

Push the FreedomBox Foundation from 0 to 60 in 30 days

A free software system built to keep your communications free and private whether chatting with friends or protesting in the street. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry

AI WEIWEI: NEVER SORRY is the first feature-length documentary about China's (in)famous artist and activist, Ai Weiwei. - FUNDED

Filtericious, The Open Source Search Engine

Filtericious is a collaborative open source search engine powered by the people who use it. - NOT FUNDED

X FILES: THE MUSICAL presented by The Colonel Mustard

"X Files: The Musical" is a joyful celebration and parody, staged in a backyard in Lincoln, Nebraska. Community theater at its best. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Arcade: The Last Night At Chinatown Fair documentary

Help us tell the inspiring story of New York's last arcade, Chinatown Fair, and the community that called it home. - FUNDED

Indie Game: The Movie - The Final Push

Indie Game: The Movie is a feature documentary that follows video game developers as they create and release their games to the world. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Novacut Pro Video Editor

Heartbroken? Fill the void with a pro editor built for HDSLR storytellers. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

In The Dark: Puzzles Past Bedtime

In The Dark is a 2-dimensional puzzle platformer game about a small monster trying to find his new home. - NOT FUNDED

Pissed Off Penguins

This is an Open Source 2D Game Project using the Blender 3D Game Engine. Angry Birds Style. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

The First 70

An inspiring journey through California to visit the 70 majestic state parks slated to close, and meet the people who treasure them. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Double Fine Adventure

An adventure game from Tim Schafer, Double Fine, and YOU! - FUNDED

Wasteland 2

Wasteland 2 is a sequel to the amazingly popular 1988 RPG Wasteland and the post-apocalyptic predecessor to the Fallout Series. - FUNDED

THORIUM Molten-Salt Reactor [LFTR] - The Future of Energy

THORIUM can end our dependence on fossil fuels, WITHOUT requiring redundant power lines to intermittent low density energy farms. - FUNDED

DAVID LYNCH DOCUMENTARY

We have been granted unparalleled access to make a film that explores one of the most distinctive voices in modern cinema: David Lynch. - FUNDED

The Banner Saga

A mature, story-driven, turn-based strategy game steeped in viking culture, by three game industry veterans. - FUNDED

The Commentator

We'll follow Jorgen Leth, director of A Sunday in Hell, during the 2012 Paris Roubaix. A grueling bike race his film helped popularize. - FUNDED

TAKEDOWN

Join the game designer of GRAW and Halo Reach to help create the spiritual successor to the original Rainbow Six and SWAT4. - FUNDED

Make Leisure Suit Larry come again!

Leisure Suit Larry using Kickstarter to hit on everybody at once - FUNDED

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns brings back one of our most original & cherished game settings as a 2D turn-based RPG for tablets & PC. - FUNDED

Wollstonecraft

A Snicketesque girl-power adventure featuring Ada Lovelace and Mary Shelley at 11 and 14 in 1826 London, for ages 8-12 - FUNDED

CONTROL: a new pilot from the creators of Pioneer One

A drama pilot focusing on Mission Control for a manned space mission. For entry in the 2012 New York Television Festival. - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Republique by Camouflaj + Logan

Help Hope escape from a 1984-inspired dystopia. Developed by Camouflaj (MGS4, F.E.A.R., Halo 4, Kinect) and Logan (Skyrim TV spot). - FUNDED

the finest machine

"The Finest Machine" details computing's rise from converging quantum physics, materials science, and complexity theory. - NOT FUNDED

Ligature Marks: An Erotica Collection

Erotica for the literary sapiosexual, Ligature Marks is a collection of erotic short stories elegantly written with READERS in mind. - NOT FUNDED

This is the Scene.

The history of the Warez Scene, and how the entertainment industries and law enforcement tried to stop it. - NOT FUNDED

Westward: A Steampunk Western RPG, a Cinema6 Experience

Humanity, desperate for new resources, left Earth centuries ago on a one-way trip in search of a new life... by Wicked North Games - FUNDED

The Mask of Death

Based on the film "Gamers: Dorkness Rising," a new RPG adventure module. Now with more zombie chickens! - FUNDED

REWARD COLLECTED

Quest For Infamy - An Adventure Game By Infamous Quests

A classic retro-styled point and click adventure/role-playing game. Take a walk on the dark side and see how you fare. - FUNDED

The Culture High

The HIGHLY anticipated follow up film to the cult classic documentary The Union: The Business Behind Getting High - FUNDED

Shadowrun Online

Experience Shadowrun with your friends and plenty of enemies in a true cross-platform game and determine the future of the 6th world! - FUNDED

Currently running pledges:

The Gamers: Hands of Fate

A sequel to Dorkness Rising, from the makers of The Gamers and JourneyQuest. - CURRENTLY RUNNING

Thorium Remix 2012 - Shanghai Footage Acquisition

Improve upcoming documentary on Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor with footage from Thorium Energy Conference 2012 in China. - CURRENTLY RUNNING

Dungeons & Dragons: A Documentary

Dungeons & Dragons, a game that changed the world. - CURRENTLY RUNNING

*edit*

damned, I just backed another one, Kickstarter you'll be the death of me.

I backed Broken Sword 5 out of support for adventure games, but I'm in two minds about it.

I can't say I've been thrilled by the footage seen in the pitch video, nor by the story so far (which seems really standard fare), nor by the quality of the last episode.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like they'll be needing my money to succeed, they have been doing great so far.

We'll see how it goes.

Matthew Schoening's Fourth Electric Cello Album! (which became the great album Motif, which I highly recommend!)

Turrican Soundtrack Anthology by Chris Huelsbeck

Shadowrun Returns

Jane Jensen's Moebius and Pinkerton Road Studio (love the Gabriel Knight games, hope Moebius doesn't let me down!)

Project Giana (looking forward to the PSN release)

Thinking about doing the Broken Sword Kickstarter too, haven't decided on that one yet.

Sign in to follow this