Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Glen

What else are you backing on Kickstarter

RIOT - It's not on kickstarter but a similar type of website. This is a riot sim based on happenings around the world. Looks awesome, very nice pixel graphics.

Edit: Still time to sign up guys :D

* Double Fine Adventure: Of course! I don't have much experience with adventure games, unfortunately, but I trust Double Fine to always make quality games. They've never let me down so far.

* Wasteland 2: I admit it was partially due to the fact that Fallout 3 and New Vegas are not on Mac, and I was craving the ability to play something like them. (I know now that at least the first and possibly second Fallout game are on Mac, so I hope to check that out soon.)

There were a couple of Kickstarter/Indie GoGo campaigns that I was keeping tabs on, but didn't donate to, either because I wanted to see how they panned out first, or because I didn't have the money:

* I'm curious to see how the Ouya ends up. It'll be the first time in my life there's been four different consoles to choose from.

* I always kind of felt Andrew Hussie making some kind of playable Sburb game was inevitable. I've been enjoying the progression of art and music in Homestuck, and at very least, I know it'll look and sound great.

* I have mixed feelings about Tennapel's project. I didn't grow up with Earthworm Jim, but I've heard great things about it, and the idea of playing a Claymation-looking game is awesome. I love that aesthetic. On the other hand, his political beliefs don't sit right with me. I'm torn.

* I'm also hoping to see how that SpaceVenture game ends up. Aren't John Patrick Lowrie and Ellen McLain attached as voice actors?

This is what I've backed so far:

* Against the Wall

* DFA

* John K's "Cans Without Labels"

* Parallella

* UDOO

* Massive Chalice

* A Hat in Time

Parallella and UDOO are single-board computers, Cans Without Labels is a John K cartoon (John K, as in the guy that made Ren & Stimpy), and Against the Wall and A Hat in Time are games!

Massive Chalice just got funded yesterday, and A Hat in Time will in about 20mins. UDOO and and Adapteva are still working on polishing and stabilizing their platforms. John K is basically doing all the animation by himself, and he's been shopping around for a network that will pick that show up, which will probably take a while. DFA.... Well, I'm not supposed to share that. :P And Against the Wall has been in development Hell for about 2 years now, which is really disappointing, because it's a neat concept, but it's just the one guy developing it (Fez was only one to two people at any given time, and it was polished and wonderful, but it took 5 years! 6 if you count those of us not willing to invest in Microsoft's platforms).

I've just backed this, it looks amazing and such interesting ideas.

Tangiers - Surrealist stealth

n5ZcWyH2eqY

I think it's cool how the city collapses and rebuilds itself depending on how you interact with it. It'll be interesting to see how they implement that. Also how you can take what people say and change the world. The art looks amazing, so dark and atmospheric.

Needs backers though guys, so throw in a few $$ if you like the look :D

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/750/589/2f

Easy to see what kind of games are my favorites from this list:

- DFA

- Wasteland 2

- Jane Jensen's Moebius

- Dead State

- Broken Sword 5

- Project Eternity

- ROAM

- Torment: Tides of Numenera

- Divinity: Original Sins (+ I'll have a free digital copy of their soon to be released Dragon Commader)

- (currently in progress but I doubt it will reach its objectif) Space Shock, a Space dungeon-crawler with tactical turn-based combat. Have a look here if interested: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/858695532/space-shock-0/comments

I have not backed up that many yet and sadly I have missed out on the current doublefine projects(Gonna do better in the future DF I promise)

But backed up some projects on both Kickstarter and Indigocrowdfunding.

Indigo:

DreadOut Horror Game(Funded)

Ghost of a Tale looks to be a interesting fantasy game with animals as main cast(funded)

Kickstarter:

Akaneiro Demon Hunter(Funded)

Shadow of the eternals(in progress)

LFG the fork of truth - looked to be a fun fantasy action/rpg based on the comic with same name (sadly unsuccesful)

Clique Refresh, a comic about a girl whose best friends are online gaming friends she's never physically met.

It’s a celebration of finding your sense of belonging on the internet and a community among fellow gamers.

d1392c273fc6978bafeae624aa613b27_large.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/851906756/clique-refresh

The artist is Amy Falcone from Penny Arcade's Strip Search. If she hits the $25k stretch goal, which is pretty much guaranteed at this point, Mary Cagle ("cubewatermelon") from The Trenches and Table Titans will be joining on as a colorist for the first chapter.

Obduction on Kickstarter

Obduction, an all-new, immersive adventure game from the award-winning creators of Myst and Riven.

Love the art and passion that is showing so far. Takes me back to my childhood. I bet there are a lot of fans from Myst and Riven in these forums, the Genre needs your support !

I'm backing http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/510736733/the-slaughter . Not exactly beautifully animated at the moment, one-man team, but apparently already designed and in production, to be released relatively soon and intriguing in some of its scenes and aspects (in trailer). Plus, uncommonly low sum needed to make it happen, and amount of pledge needed to get the goods lower than in case of average Kickstarter campaign.

"The Slaughter is a film noir style 2D point-and-click adventure with gameplay in the vein of the classic LucasArts and Revolution games, but with dark adult themes more akin to the works of David Lynch, Cormac McCarthy, Max Ernst and Scott Walker."

Sign in to follow this