Sign in to follow this  
DF Brad

To the PC!

Hey guys! I wanted to post this over here so that you were aware! IRON BRIGADE is making its way to the PC in one week!

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/iron_brigade_is_coming_to_pc/

I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you long time Xbox IRON BRIGADE players for making the community so great! You guys are the best.

We'll probably have some new blood jumping into this forum now that players without Xboxes can experience the game. I hope you will welcome them with open arms and let them know that IRON BRIGADE is still a game about love, even one year later! :D!

Love,

Brad!

Awesome. I hope the pc crowd loves, and abuses the game as much as we did.

Hmm....

I think I'll have to buy this for PC now. A new wind? Maybe some modding?

SHALL WE GUYS?

I've always considered going PC, will this be it? :D

I just can't do it. I can not get used to playing games on a computer. My whole body starts to hurt after about five minutes. I'm sure it's a posture problem, but I can't find a way to sit that makes it bearable.

I'm kinda disappointed about GFWL but it's no surprise either, I like Double Fine's games more than I dislike GFWL so I will certainly get it.

I don't know how hard DF had to push and pull to get Microsoft to bring it to PC but all the effort is appreciated, Thanks !

I'd like to know what differences will be made between the jump. I'm guessing more details to come?

I've been waiting for this for quite a while. The very femtosecond this goes up for sale, I'm buying it.

GFWL seems to love causing issues for me with my other games that have it (Dead Rising 2 seems to be the worst. I can rarely stay connected to a co-op game for more than a few minutes for some mysterious reason), but my love for Double Fine greatly overrides my distaste for GFWL.

Also, since Iron Brigade is in a third-person perspective, will it have an adjustable FOV or at least a decent default FOV? The PC version of Stacking showed why a narrow FOV is an issue with games that use that viewpoint on the PC, and thankfully you guys were awesome enough to patch in an FOV slider for that game.

Also, since Iron Brigade is in a third-person perspective, will it have an adjustable FOV or at least a decent default FOV?

Yes, Iron Brigade PC does indeed have an adjustable FOV. There's a slider in the graphics settings page on the PC.

PC... Does this mean steam?

aaand

Is there native controller support? I guess so since it's an X360 port, the game will also work with X360 controllers on PC.

It's distributed through Steam; it's published by Microsoft, so it also uses Games for Windows Live.

Is there native controller support? I guess so since it's an X360 port, the game will also work with X360 controllers on PC.

It supports XB360 gamepads, non-360 controller gamepads, and mouse/keyboard.

It's distributed through Steam; it's published by Microsoft, so it also uses Games for Windows Live.

It supports XB360 gamepads, non-360 controller gamepads, and mouse/keyboard.

it also uses Games for Windows Live.

Do not want no horrid GFWL achievements system. Steam achievements are okay. I'm fed up with X360/GFWL cheevos. Then I'm better off buying the price reduced X360 version.

non-360 controller gamepads, and mouse/keyboard.

Mouse/keyboard is rather obvious on PC, and if X360 controllers work, so will probably others

What's the price going to be?

So here's a question.

What about the orange camo paint job and the Brutal Legend cloths that you could only get from signing up for the news letter? Will you be giving out codes again or putting them in the game to unlock or will they just not be it in?

What's the price going to be?

I expect it'll be $15, same as Stacking and Costume Quest.

I dislike GFWL but maybe we can get the best of a bad situation. Can xbox players play with PC players? or can this be done?

Pretty stoked its coming to PC. I haven't played Iron Brigade in a wee while and it will be nice to play with a wider PC audience.

Not that the guys on Xbox aren't super awesome or anything ;D

No, it's ok they suck.

I mean PC won't have nearly as many terrible randoms right?

They just sound more intelligent to me.

I think they just have bigger fish to fry

Yes, very true. In fact, we have a large number of fish of varying sizes, all of which need to be battered, fried, broiled, etc. We do the best we can to make sure they are delicious and get them to your table as quickly as possible.

Also, GFWL requires passing through cert :P

Woot, was looking forward to this.

And it's finally here, well almost then ;-)

It's almost here!

Not even the inclusion of GFWL can keep me from being excited that I finally get to play Iron Brigade on my platform of choice.

Hey, I am really excited for this since I don't have an Xbox. Is there a a Pre-order thing yet on Steam? Can anyone link the page?

Hey, I am really excited for this since I don't have an Xbox. Is there a a Pre-order thing yet on Steam? Can anyone link the page?

It doesn't have a page on Steam yet, so there's no preorder. Looks like it's one of those games that comes out of nowhere when it's released instead of having a "Coming soon" page.

It doesn't have a page on Steam yet, so there's no preorder. Looks like it's one of those games that comes out of nowhere when it's released instead of having a "Coming soon" page.

Ah ok, Thanks. Either way I'll get it. I just thought there might be some Pre-order bonus maybe. Can't wait!

This was the fortnight game i was most interested in, and 360 is the only console i don't have, and don't really want. So great news for me.

No sign of it yet. Is it US only or has the store yet to update?

Also, once Brutal Legend finds its way to Steam, my empire will be complete! (Except for the Kinect games, obviously).