Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Episode 4: Walking Around in Our Drawings

These videos are better then Breaking Bad!

Keep it up guys!

cheers from Brazil

Can't say i was expecting to hear that.

Out of curiosity, why is Mr. Stapley's nickname "Bagel"? Is there a story behind it?

Keep it up guys!

cheers from Brazil

Well... um... they are good.... maybe great. But better than Breaking Bad? Those are big words...

Keep it up guys!

cheers from Brazil

No half-seasons please.

Keep it up guys!

cheers from Brazil

No half-seasons please.

Damn right, that really pissed me off :)

I agree. an update would be swell.

I know the Rough Edit is done... but that was a while back.

Just saying your Second Draft is done... or just something new to read while i wait would be nice.

Don't rush the edit, just a new update would be nice.

Wasn't Ep5 supposed to be posted by now?

Can we get an update, guys? :3

Agree, checking the site almost everyday in the hope of news about the next episode

Agree, checking the site almost everyday in the hope of news about the next episode

I think they said it'd be end of last week or this week, so I expect it'll be in the next couple of days.

remember that the last episode was a double-feature. i can easily imagine that that must have delayed the next one. and it is completely justifiable.

I just got around to watch this now. Excellent stuff you guys - excellent stuff. I can't wait for the next episode.

I think they said it'd be end of last week or this week, so I expect it'll be in the next couple of days.

It's coming soon, we're just running into technical issues with the upload. The usual.

It's coming soon, we're just running into technical issues with the upload. The usual.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work~

Catching up on the videos and this one blew me away. This was my first KickStarter and I backed this because of my belief in Tim and his team to make a great game that they were passionate about. Seeing these amazing artists, Peter especially blew me away, working on this and having the same belief in Tim was amazing to watch.

This episode was the epitomy of what a documentary about game development should be and I hope other companies are watching. The creative process of these people is fascinating and gets me more and more excited to play and experience the finished project. Kudos everyone!

Catching up on the videos and this one blew me away. This was my first KickStarter and I backed this because of my belief in Tim and his team to make a great game that they were passionate about. Seeing these amazing artists, Peter especially blew me away, working on this and having the same belief in Tim was amazing to watch.

This episode was the epitomy of what a documentary about game development should be and I hope other companies are watching. The creative process of these people is fascinating and gets me more and more excited to play and experience the finished project. Kudos everyone!

Yup, pretty much sums it up. Amazing episode!

I might've missed the trick, somewhere in this 14-page thread, but I cannot view the video in the OP:

Sorry

Sorry, this video is currently only available on Vimeo.com.

I created an account on vimeo.com, thinking that it might correlate the email address here and there, but alas no.

Anyone got any tips? I tried using chrome, as well as firefox. No dice.

Edit: I've also disabled adblock, didn't help.

hmm video not working for me tried 3 browsers on mac safari, firefox, chrome, disabled adblock updated flash, 1 in 4 of the episodes seems to work and others start playing and then all of sudden skip to the finish of the video ? anh ideas anyone gonna try an old browser and see maybe allow Mr browser cookies and his chillen.

Is there anywhere I can purchase prints (or even originals) of Nathan Stapley's work? His paintings are amazing. I really like that new one of the Dads.

Thanks!

Is there anywhere I can purchase prints (or even originals) of Nathan Stapley's work? His paintings are amazing. I really like that new one of the Dads.

Thanks!

for $500 ppl get the artbook

I actually already bought one of those. Got me one of the Robot Companions one too! They are sitting right next to me as I speak!

"In the end, all the artwork will go through Bagel, as he paints the final stuff.."

Fuck...

Just the thing I feared the most! I was so disappointed when i watched the trailer, seeing that it was Bagel's style all the way! Why couldn't all the artwork be processed through Peter Chan instead?? He's on an artistic level that is lightyears beyond what Bagel will ever hope to achieve!

Turns out I had good reason to be worried in my earlier posts..

That's your opinion and has more to do with your specific taste rather than their skills as artists. They're both seriously talented artists and I personally am very excited about seeing Bagel's unique style in an adventure game.

Well, based on what I've seen of the artwork of both artists so far, Chan seems far more versatile.

I guess I just have a hard time adjusting to the fact that the final product will be based on Bagels style.

Ever since DFA was announced on Kickstarter, I've imagined that the art style would be picking up where Sam & Max, DOTT or FT left off.

Why are everyone so touchy when someone is criticising Bagels style? He doesn't need you to stand up for him, he's a grown man, he can take it. I've put down a decent amount of money on this game, and I should be entitled to have an opinion on this subject.

Well, based on what I've seen of the artwork of both artists so far, Chan seems far more versatile.

I guess I just have a hard time adjusting to the fact that the final product will be based on Bagels style.

Ever since DFA was announced on Kickstarter, I've imagined that the art style would be picking up where Sam & Max, DOTT or FT left off.

Why are everyone so touchy when someone is criticising Bagels style? He doesn't need you to stand up for him, he's a grown man, he can take it. I've put down a decent amount of money on this game, and I should be entitled to have an opinion on this subject.

Maybe because saying 'I don't like Bagel's style' and 'Bagel's art sucks' are two different things, one is an opinion, one is a definitive statement.

Sign in to follow this