Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nOmArch

Buying T-Shirts from the UK: A Suggestion

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up for anyone who is thinking about buying a lovely DF T-Shirt from the UK.

When placing your order ask them not to include the free Psychonauts Cut Scenes DVD (which wasn't mentioned on my order) as when it gets over to blighty due to the DVD being declared on the customs form it pushes the package over the £15 Import Tax limit and I had to pay an extra £11.20.

I'm not whinging or bitching, I love free stuff, but if anyone else wants to avoid the extra surcharge get them to drop the DVD.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up for anyone who is thinking about buying a lovely DF T-Shirt from the UK.

When placing your order ask them not to include the free Psychonauts Cut Scenes DVD (which wasn't mentioned on my order) as when it gets over to blighty due to the DVD being declared on the customs form it pushes the package over the £15 Import Tax limit and I had to pay an extra £11.20.

I'm not whinging or bitching, I love free stuff, but if anyone else wants to avoid the extra surcharge get them to drop the DVD.

Oh snap, I'll let Laura know so we can avoid this with people in the future. (not the free stuff part, the tax part)

So good news (maybe?) we're actually out of the DVDs! So this won't be an issue in the future.

But thank you for the heads up! Here at Double Fine we like to include little freebies in every order but I'll try to figure out a way to get them to other countries without having you our customer pay for it.

No worries, just a bit of a shock when I got to the post office as I thought it was a sata controller card as that was well over the £15 limit!

EDIT: A simple solution in future would be to declare the monetary value of any freebies as free :)

Sign in to follow this