Sign in to follow this  
DF Nathan

Middle Manager of Justice Is Announced!

Dracogen: Can you tell us if all those three games are mobile games or not, or is it a secret?

As a Canadian who is just about to fly home from vacation, I have been frantically hoping it would drop before I slip away from the condos wifi. Alas to no avail. Perhaps it will be waiting for me after I leave these aunt shores of Maui and head back to the hopefully sunny shore of Vancouver.

But I know this pain as a rabid consumer of kairosoft games, I am always

Waiting and hoping at the start of a month for a new one. ;)

Looks like a copy of Evil Genius or Dungeon Keeper and I am MORE THAN OK WITH THAT.

Theme Hospital/Dungeon Keeper/Game Dev Story gameplay + Mario RPG like battles!!! Yesss

Collecting trading cards feeling!! I love where it's going...

DF Witty writing!!! Any better? Please eccentric Theme Hospital like crimes and villains!!!

Wait look at this picture showing marvelous 2d isometric art... there's a blackboard, they are studying the then sugar trafficking Costume Quest™ hero kids, now super villains.

I knew!!! their love for hi-tech transforming costumes and their candy black market was only the beginning! Little smugglers...Spiderman suit up and pray!!

Whatever, I love it.

Thanks guys

Looks like a copy of Evil Genius

You read my mind bro

I didn't know you were a Evil Genius fan :o

Double Fine is making a game to satisfy both my love of superheroes and my rampant obsession with management? And it's for free?!? backpain-1292835351.jpg

I must say that F2P titles on iOS isn´t my thing, so while I welcome it if it strengthens Double Fine as a company, I do hope that it will just be a very small part of the games portfolio. It´s not really the kind of games that has made me a fan of DF.

I must say that F2P titles on iOS isn´t my thing, so while I welcome it if it strengthens Double Fine as a company, I do hope that it will just be a very small part of the games portfolio. It´s not really the kind of games that has made me a fan of DF.

This game doesn't represent an overall shift in the company to certain kind of games. We are all about making a lot of different kinds of games on a lot of different platforms over the past few years and this is just one variation. I do hope that you give the game a chance. It has the humor, characters, and story that Double Fine has been known for, and I strongly believe plays very differently to other free to play iOS games. The beauty of it being free is that you can try it out for free!

This game doesn't represent an overall shift in the company to certain kind of games. We are all about making a lot of different kinds of games on a lot of different platforms over the past few years and this is just one variation. I do hope that you give the game a chance. It has the humor, characters, and story that Double Fine has been known for, and I strongly believe plays very differently to other free to play iOS games. The beauty of it being free is that you can try it out for free!

Oh I will test it, no doubt, and since it´s a DF game I will spend some money on it no matter what I actually think about it. The whole idea of F2P game (with the exceptions of the hat simulator with some war in it) just makes it hard for me to go OMG!!! at the announcement ;). You have to win me over with this one, but I´m only difficult, not impossible.

Release on Android please! I'm getting awful flashbacks of adventure games not coming out on Amiga during its hayday

Looks hilarious! Don't own a touch device though, so I'm putting in one more vote for a PC version. I'd even be willing to pay some cash for it!

Also, Dracogen involvement beyond porting titles to PC is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to see what the other titles are going to be. Also, please keep porting titles to PC ;).

Does Dracogen have any creative involvement at all? And does this mean Dracogen and Double Fine are going to keep making babies forever?

Free 2 Play is the future of gaming business. Those games do make money like maniacs if done well. It might not be everyones cup of tea but just look at iOS top grossing list. Almost every game on top 50 is f2p. (Two of them is from company I use to work for :P)

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Dracogen for making this happen. As an adventure game fan, really appreciate all that you have done to help Doublefine distribute their games through different platforms.

I am so, so excited for this game. Is there any way to be automatically notified when it is released so I can download it immediately?

"Middle Manager of Justice, the first game in DF's three-game deal with Dracogen Inc., puts you in charge of a new Middle Manager of a branch of Justice Corp."

Three-game deal. Oh my.

Woo! Another three game deal! Our first was for the port of Psychonauts to the Mac, Costume Quest to the PC, and Stacking to the PC. But these are all new games. Very exciting.

Looks like a copy of Evil Genius or Dungeon Keeper and I am MORE THAN OK WITH THAT.

Both wonderful games.

Looks hilarious! Don't own a touch device though, so I'm putting in one more vote for a PC version. I'd even be willing to pay some cash for it!

Also, Dracogen involvement beyond porting titles to PC is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to see what the other titles are going to be. Also, please keep porting titles to PC ;).

Does Dracogen have any creative involvement at all? And does this mean Dracogen and Double Fine are going to keep making babies forever?

While I did offer a small amount of creative suggestion into the project, the beauty of our relationship is that I'm really perfectly happy with Double Fine doing what they do best: making great games. The last thing I want to do is interfere with that.

I'm not a publisher and this relationship is about as far away from a typical publisher/developer relationship as it's possible to be.

Woo! Another three game deal! Our first was for the port of Psychonauts to the Mac, Costume Quest to the PC, and Stacking to the PC. But these are all new games. Very exciting.

Are all three mobile games, or is it a mixed bunch? Or is it a secret TBA?

This game looks great but ill never be able to experience it unless it comes out on Android or PC.

Sweet! I'm going to finally be getting am Android soon. I'll be waiting to play this game.

I bought an IPhone today. I did this for you, Double Fine. Only for you.

I may have a bit of an obsession.

I hope the Android version isn't too far away. I'll happily pay money to get it from Play store, not a fan of in game purchases, but even if you put it for a few dollars straight, I'll be making a first day perch in Play store.

I'm liking everything that I have read about the game so far.

And this is the first(!) of a three game deal? Really cool!

Things are looking awesome at Double Fine, so many games in the works at the moment. :D

Very cute looking game :)

I don't have a fancy phone like you guys, but if you ever decide to port it to other mobile platforms later (3DS anyone?), I'll definitely snap it up.