Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Redphienix

All of my thanks!~

Sorry for being so quiet lately ^.^'

Life took a depressing turn and it's gonna be sitting there for a while, but kicking my arse out of it as much as I can as often as I can so here's a huge thanks to DF and Brad :P

-because this came in~

Snapshot_20120902_4.jpg

but it appears some silly fella scribbled all over it~

Snapshot_20120902_5.jpg

((I lost my shit seeing this xD Thanks eternally for the mic! AND SIGNED BY BRAD MAKES ME HAPPY FUCKING BOY lol))

I guess it's okay I guess. I mean the scribbles don't mess it up or anything >->

Also noting here for... well no one I s'pose, that I bought IB for PC during the sale.

BUT~

I forgot I got a new pc. By that I mean the new PC is WORSE than my old one (long story) and cannot run it too well (I got hasty and was thinking of my old PC when I checked requirements. Failure on my part).

So PC IB will have to wait for me to find some spare money to up my computer. In the mean time I can play on xbox- but due to my mood (as mentioned at start of post) I doubt I'll be seen much there until things clear up in the ol' noggin. >->

So I'll be playing TF2 because it distracts me for some reason (I tried and currently IB doesn't do that for me) FOREVER love to this game, Double Fine, and Brad (you amazing living being >:L ).

~Red

(Sorry to spam the forums with something so barely tied to anything Iron Brigade related :P)

Also lol to 3 AM un-showered Red. He looks like a neck-bearded piece of crap doesn't he.

Wow! That's just the coolest! :DF really is great to do that.

Sorry to hear that things have not been going well for you lately. If it helps to cheer you up, I miss you. Hopefully we'll be "seeing" you on IB soon. Especially now that we'll be hearing you too. Yes, I've come out of semi-retirement to play again, but I'm not the only one (I see your gamertags, you know who you are).

PS. the 3AM un-showered Red is cute as a button.

Although I don't usually post the forums, I do read it like everyother day. I must say you (Red) definitely have done a great amount of work here. I hope you feel better soon, because you're an really awesome guy.

(PS- That's exactly how i thought you looked haha)

xD WHY DO PEOPLE THINK I DO THINGS AND STUFF.

I get spammed on gamefaqs for the same thing. I just play a game ;3;

<3

xD WHY DO PEOPLE THINK I DO THINGS AND STUFF.

I get spammed on gamefaqs for the same thing. I just play a game ;3;

<3

I have never accused you of doing "things and stuff"...

Dude,

A little wisdom that only life experience (read: hard Effin knocks) teaches you:

Life in general can be derpresssing if you let events drive you.

Health issues,marriage,mortgages,carreers,personal dysfunctions etc.

These are all events that really require one (you) to spread a limited resource around (you).

So the great wisdom part: comes in having to replenish that limited resource (YOU)!

Dude, as corny as it sounds... When things are at their worst; you really have to step back and have a good laugh over the sheer maddness of the situation!!!

Take some time to go out doors and enjoy some very simple things... Feed some birds, watch squirrels ( can you tell I live in NH???),anything that lets you to replenish that precious resource you have to deal with all the other events that drive you (often in opposing directions).

Okay, I'm off my soap box...

Get you Effin new mic, signed by Brad Muir... You're such a suck up!

Send me an invite Thurs night. I'll tear myself away from ME3:Just broke my N7 Rating of 875 and playing platinum runs now, thanks to INtel and MAK "THE MAN"...

Oh sorry this is about you... LMAO!!!

And I will taunt you mercillessly for being such a forum troll....

Hope your head set gives you such a blistahh....

Now how can yoiu pass that up????

Meh you're right there.

We can only hope the headset tears into my ear >:L I think I can take this offer up as long as I'm not busy on work :P

Official microsoft headsets suck so much. I've been through 2 official and 1 knockoff of the same design. I use a 3 dollar (friggin love ebay) 2.5" wired cellphone/cordless phone mic (the ones w/ the clippy thing for the ear work best I think). They're nearly unbreakable. A buddy on the 360 got one for 80 cents at a thrift shop after his headset died and it keeps him going.

Still....a salute to brad is in order for this!

Bumping this thread, but with pertinent info below. Firstly: amen to the crappy quality of the official 360 headsets nowadays. Unlike the one I had from my original 360 (bought in 2007;) it always worked flawlessly. Sadly I lost that one last year when my apartment building burned down (along with most of what I owned, but well, let's not go into that.) Either way, I'm stuck now with the much-cheaper headsets that Microsoft sells as official ones. I've already had one of them stop working properly, as the cord which attaches the earpiece to the center dongle thing gets loosened very easily. You'll end up with the problem where people can hear you just fine but you can't hear them. And I treat my stuff as meticulously as a person can, so there is absolutely no issue of user neglect or mistreatment. They're just poorly made nowadays, end of story.

I found a decent solution, since sadly you can't use normal USB headsets from a PC on 360 (that would solve the issue outright.) Turtle Beach makes a headset called EarForce XC1, but it's not one of the fancy headsets that the brand is typically known for. It's basically just a version of the regular 360 headset, but with much better construction quality and more comfortable wear. This, and also a highly-sensitive and bendable microphone (like you see on most PC headsets.) They can be had new for $20, the exact same price as an official 360 headset. It has served me well so far, and no issues to report as of yet. It does have a volume control at the center of the cord attaching the headpiece to the controller, unfortunately, but that seems the norm for headsets nowadays. -_-;;

Sign in to follow this