Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acefox

Who <3's Gravity Falls?

Why is there not a Gravity Falls thread on this forum yet?

*claps*

C'mon people, let's get it together now! This show is awesome, and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably evil and hates fun.

Seriously though- it's really funny and I highly recommend it. It's a little like Futurama but mixed with Psychonauts. Actually, there's been a bunch of fan crossovers between Gravity Falls and Psychonauts along with ParaNorman and many other fandoms.

I just got finished catching up with all the episodes so far, and am officially hooked. There's also quite a few guest voices on it. Theme song is addictive as heck too.

tctX771EQeA

I have a strong hate against Disney, but i have to agree, it's pretty freaking awesome, though i wouldn't compare it to Futurama (where did that comparison come from) or Psychonauts. While Gravity Falls is HUGE FUN, i also find it a little shallow, but at least it's something new. I enjoy it.

Yes! I love this show. The characters are all so delightfully quirky and the solidifying story arc is intriguing. They also have jokes I never thought would get past on Disney Channel even with Phineas and Ferb around. Like this one:

"So, who wants to put on a pair of blindfolds and get into my car?"

"YEAH!!"

"...Wait, what?"

A cartoon you say? It's good you say? One of the characters is voiced by Kristen Schaal you say?

Ok, I'm in.

I have a strong hate against Disney, but i have to agree, it's pretty freaking awesome, though i wouldn't compare it to Futurama (where did that comparison come from) or Psychonauts. While Gravity Falls is HUGE FUN, i also find it a little shallow, but at least it's something new. I enjoy it.

Futurama because of the eyeballs. But perhaps those weren't the best analogies. Perhaps the show is more similar to say- Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. The point is- the show is awesome which we can all agree on! Granted it's on the Disney channel so they have limits on how much gratuitous sex and violence they can show, I find the humor hilarious and fit for everyone!

I liked all the episodes so far but my favorites are: "Tourist Trapped", "Double Dipper", and "The Time Traveler's Pig"

Don't hate, Hot.

Gravity Falls is fantastic. Characterization is very strong, and though each episode is exceedingly bizarre they are also all clearly rooted in some real issue or idea for the characters.

Granted it's on the Disney channel so they have limits on how much gratuitous sex and violence they can show

I thought Disney had a minimum of subliminal sexual content.

How i wish this would be on some other channel. T_T It feels odd to actually wanting to buy something from Disney. I rather liked "Dipper VS Manliness" for addresses something that i actually recognize as one of the great problems of growing up as a boy, though once again i have to criticize it for addressing it about in the same way a sledgehammer addresses a concrete steel wall, rather plumb, which harms the fun, but i give them credit for trying. The first episode was pretty freaking awesome though. ^^

I'm really looking forward to season 2, that's usually when the characters stop evolving so rapidly.

Sorry if my writing isn't that great, i worked 10 hours and i forgot my respirator in the basement so i'm a little hight on fumes from the finish i put on the clockface, and i'm sleepy too.

Addendum: Ponies are delicious.

Darn it, no I go have to draw Futurama/Psychonauts crossover art.

Bobby Zilch VS Bender and Zoidberg could be romantically entangled with the Milkman. :3

I was thinking "Bender suggests Sasha take his relationship with Milla to the next level and things quickly devolve to a shouting/Psi-blasting match." But now I really want to draw your ideas, too, Xaromir!

oh god, this is a quality show. I was iffy about it, being on Disney channel and all, but it is totally perf and it being by disney probably means merch at disneyland or something or maybe a ride OMG A RIDE WOULD BE SO GREAT THIS NEEDS TO BE A THING IMMEDIATELY WOW

Just watched episode 8 - Mable is a libertarian. xD Knew it!

Kirby: I wish i could draw, i was good at it once but somehow i unlearned it all, i have no idea how that is even possible.

@insanity: YESSS! YESSS! A Gravity Falls ride would RUUULE!! And I'd totally push over little kids to get my picture taken with authentic Dipper and Mabel mascots!

Man, why didn't me or Kirby make this thread earlier!? Whatever, the show is awesome, I'm just glad that I have a reason to watch Disney Channel, (I'm kinda tired of Phineas and Ferb,) but what I really like is how the show has this great humor that no other kid's cartoon has currently, but also has this cool, grounded universe that has a cool continuity/ongoing story going on with this super weird town.

I like Hey Arnold, Jimmy Neutron, Total Drama Island and Adventure Time, do you think I would like this show? I'm always looking for good cartoons to watch. I just need some good characters.

You mean there's still some of you who haven't seen it yet?! C'mon, any day now!

AstheMabelTurns.gif

New episodes start next week!

You mean there's still some of you who haven't seen it yet?! C'mon, any day now!

I can't afford another HDD atm

I can't afford another HDD atm

stream it

I love wathing everythign in HD. have 2 x 1tb portable hdd's and 2 hdd's (1tb + 600mb) in laptop

yeah, 400 movies, 20 series and another 20 anime's

Sign in to follow this