Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Acefox

Who <3's Gravity Falls?

Wj2w5q7Nd-A

this is show is literally perfect they need to seriously keep making episodes until i die

Yay for Mabel!

Yay for Hamster Balls as an Olympic Sport!

GPv9AMlm1iA

I love that sequence so much. Ladies and gentlemen, Mabel, the most ridiculously insane cutie on the Disney Channel!

CRACK SHIP INCOMING: Grunkle Stan/The Administrator. No, I don't have any idea where it came from.

Yeah, she's awesome. She's very funny, dynamic, creative and a little mental but still reasonably comprehensible, more people should be like that. <3

Wait- you mean the one titled "Fight Fighters"? That's not supposed to come out until this Friday..

Double H, you wascally wabbit you!

Episode 10 (Fight Fighters) was awesome- you weren't lying, Double H!

Although I thought Dipper would find a way to actually defeat Rumble to settle things with Robbie rather than accept his fate as a punching bag all the time. That's not exactly what I'd call overcoming your fear.. Oh well- at least Dipper and Robbie can continue hating each other like girls.

Oh, and here's something random- I just watched the movie Unstoppable (don't ask- it was on my DVR forever), and then right afterwards while watching this episode- I looked up who voiced Robbie who is played by TJ Miller- which led me to his IMDB page. As soon as I saw him, I realized he was one of the douchebags from Unstoppable. Coincidence? Or Cosmic Miracle? I'll let you decide.

TJ Miller was also the goof video recording everything from Cloverfield.

@Xaromir: The episode aired on Disney channel this past Friday 9/14, though Double H saw it earlier so he might be able to help you out.

@Double H: Thank you, sir! I think I shall be updating my avatar on other forums now!

I had a little GFalls mini marathon today I built a blanket fort and had cookies and hot chocolate it was awesome not having a job is the best

New episode tonight omg i love this show so muchhh <3

So.. Lil' Gideon has Book 2.. perhaps Grunkle Stan has Book 1?

Also, just found out that Manly Dan is voiced by John DiMaggio (voice of Bender from Futurama and Jake from Adventure Time)!

Whoa- that's really cool about the backwards messages! I don't have the patience to do all this investigation myself- thank goodness for the internet!

Also, didn't realize that Lil' Gideon was shown with Book 2 earlier in his first appearance. Then again, I didn't realize Manly Dan was Wendy's father until the end of the Fight Fighters episode when she comes back from her family vacation. Like Soos I am a loyal fan but slow to pick up on these minute details.

Halloween Special this Friday! The best time of year for cartoons!

Fantastic Halloween Special, y'all! It reminded me so much of Costume Quest! (twins trick'or'treating) Which reminds me- time to break that out for Halloween :D

But for the record, Smarties are NOT loser candy! :(

Good and Plenty- not that's a different story..

awh, i thought it was gonna be on at 9:30 instead of 9 so I just saw the last few minutes but what i saw was pretty good. I'm sure it'll be on like a thousand more times this month anyway

Fantastic Halloween Special, y'all! It reminded me so much of Costume Quest! (twins trick'or'treating) Which reminds me- time to break that out for Halloween :D

"I've been twaumatized."

Awesome episode, it reminds me of Costume Quest as well.

This show is pretty awesome. it's been a while since last time I could say that about a Disney show, but yeah!

So have you guys seen the answers to those code things in every episode? I'd give an example if I knew how spoiler tags worked on these forums.

Edit: Looking at the date the next episode is going to air, it looks like it's airing on my birthday. This would mean something if I lived in America.

Finally! It's starting back up again mañana!

Also, I was privy to an interesting rumor regarding this show in terms of a possible future guest star

*shrugs eyebrows coyly* :smirk:

I do! I <3 gravity falls! :0 i am so very glad it started up again i mean, wow. i am liking the disney channel less and less. just. first they came out with two really good shows and then they delayed them both for months at a time for reasons we weren't privy to.

i mean adventure time got a break of less than two weeks between the last two seasons. gravity falls? five months between episodes within a season.

gj disney channel. gj.

Yeah, I can't figure out the Disney Channel myself either. You would think new hit shows like Gravity Falls and Motor City would get Disney to totally reorganize it's lineup and gear it towards pulling in the new fans, but it's like they're instead trying to push them away.

Still, I'm glad Gravity Falls is back on! Alex Hirsch mentioned that there's going to be a lot of secrets revealed shortly.

*oooohhhh - spooky ambiance noises*

Oh, me! I do! :vampire:

Finally! It's starting back up again mañana!

Also, I was privy to an interesting rumor regarding this show in terms of a possible future guest star

*shrugs eyebrows coyly* :smirk:

If you'll allow me a bit of the ole necromancy, I hear Alex Hirsch, the creator, wants to bring Jon Stewart onto the show. Since he's already got John Oliver and Kirsten Schaal, I think it's completely possible, if Stewart ever gets the time. Even better: getting Stewart AND Colbert at the same time, for the same episode. I don't think it'll happen this season, however.

In other news, a new episode's gonna pop up in about a week -- seems to be about mermen. About time they got around to it! It's been teased since the first episode.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Grunkle Stan's fez changed?

In other news, a new episode's gonna pop up in about a week -- seems to be about mermen. About time they got around to it! It's been teased since the first episode.

Actually, it airs tonight! So don't miss it:

tumblr_mjlwpo2zfF1rnvm7bo1_500.gif

The goat ate his original fez during the Boss Mabel end credit sequence. Continuity!

Actually, it airs tonight! So don't miss it:

The goat ate his original fez during the Boss Mabel end credit sequence. Continuity!

Wow, I'm so glad I posted my mistake, otherwise I would've had no idea! xD

You're right! I thought they just plain changed it since they edited the opening credits to show the change, too.

God, I just love the work they put into the show. It really shines when they do stuff like that.

I wonder if the merpeople have a weird alternate form like the one teased in the opening credits... ?

I love the show, my younger cousin loves the show, and I'm trying to get my younger brother into the show. Mabel is my favorite character, although I love Wendy, Soos, Dipper, and Grunkle Stan, too. And Waddles.

Re. the episode "The Deep End":

Gosh darnit- if only I had been a merman back in middle school; I would've got all the girls. :cheese:

Also, I found it funny- at the beginning of the episode there's this poster of a circus strongman that says "Strong the Strong" and it made me think of Strong Bad. After watching the episode I saw that Mermando was voiced by none other than Matt Chapman! (one of the Brothers Chaps of HSR fame, and the one who actually voices Strong Bad). Come to think of it- that'd be awesome if Dipper had to fight a Mexican masked wrestler with Strong Bad's voice.

@Plisken: Yes, definitely- a Stewart + Colbert combo guest star would be awesome! The rumor I heard involves one of my favorite (non-animated) shows on TV. A non-fiction one, in fact.. ;-)

Gravity Falls is the greatest.

That is my super intelligent contribution to this discussion.

Also, looking around here, I feel like that super old guy who returns home after a great war only to find that everything has changed.

...But not war. War never changes.

Sign in to follow this