Sign in to follow this  
wyldphyre

Bug with Bus Rescue on the iPad

Just started playing this and it's pretty cool, but I found a fairly significant bug.

I can't seem to actually do any of the bus rescue missions. When I got to the screen and tap the Approve button I get the "Approved" stamp on screen and that is that. The only way to keep playing the game is to kill the app and restart, which still leaves me with a mission that I can't do. Two of them actually at this point in time, and since I don't have any other missions, I can't really progress.

Hey guys! So if you haven't seen my post, you've seen an early preview of the game! The game went live accidentally on our part! http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7618/ You guys can't get the bus rescue to work? On which devices? Also you should be able to progress without the bus rescue if you restart the game. Those don't count towards progress to the villain encounter.

I'm having this problem on the new iPad (wifi 64Gig), but not just the bus rescue, but the Giant Robot boss fight freezes after the approved stamp appears on the hero selector screen...

I'm having this problem on the new iPad (wifi 64Gig), but not just the bus rescue, but the Giant Robot boss fight freezes after the approved stamp appears on the hero selector screen...

Huh, so does that happen when you restart the game? Or is it just stalled?

When I restart, the heroes are back at the office, but if I select the same mission again (would be quite crucial at the Giant Robot Boss fight), same thing happens... I tried to restart the app and also the device... Guess I have to wait for the final product then... Apart from this I really love the game, and already invested in a Counterfeit Machine :D Keep up the good work, guys!

Hey guys! So if you haven't seen my post, you've seen an early preview of the game! The game went live accidentally on our part! http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7618/ You guys can't get the bus rescue to work? On which devices? Also you should be able to progress without the bus rescue if you restart the game. Those don't count towards progress to the villain encounter.

I'm seeing the problem on a 64GB third generation iPad. If I restart the game the heros are back in the office, but since the only missions I have available at the moment at the bus missions, I kind of stuck until a non bus mission comes up.

Same here - 32GB iPad 3 (Verizon + WiFi), survives both a program restart and a device restart.

Really fun up to that point, though.

If you're looking for balance feedback, I did hit a bit of a difficulty curve snag about 3/4 of the way through the Skullface campaign, Level 1 Mummy Man, fully trained, against the two Power 6 / Health 40 thugs - until I realized I shouldn't have spent the money unlocking the Gym upgrades and should instead have spent it on equipment and cooler water. I was kind of surprised the otherwise thorough tutorial didn't point much at equipment and single-use items, but once I found them (nad saved up some more cash), I was good.

I'm getting the same or similar progress stopping bug that other people have reported here.

I am nearly done with rural ridge, have 3 heroes, and on the mission screen have two 'Bus Rescue???' missions, and no other missions. when I tap these I get an approved GUI overlay, but nothing happens. I can tap the approve and back arrow but get no response other than the button animation. I am stuck on this screen.

I'm playing on an iPad 3 16gb, game downloaded yesterday.

Good luck with fixes guys. The game is super fun and engaging and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it!

Cheers,

David

Same issue here too with the bus missions.

Get the Approval stamp, but nothing happens. I can hear bgfx playing in the background, so I know its not totally locked up. The back/approve buttons can be touched (and light up when done) but the actual missions never seem to load. Kill the app, restart it, and everyone is back in the building.

I have a new iPad 4G 64GB if that makes a difference.

Oh, and on a more positive note: I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would. I can't wait to play the full version when it comes out.

Hey everyone. So all of you have IPad 3's? Has this bug been seen on a non-IPad 3 device?

Hey everyone. So all of you have IPad 3's? Has this bug been seen on a non-IPad 3 device?

I have both iPad 1 and iPad 3 (in the midst of upgrading). Never saw this issue on the iPad 1, but can confirm the same as everyone else on the 3. Stuck with 2 bus rescue missions I cannot complete. Have not yet tried it on the iPhone 4 for comparison...

Love the game so far, but I will second requests for iCloud support, as I was disappointed I could not transfer the game from the iPad 1 to my new 3. I will also note that while I had no problems with missions getting hung up on the iPad 1, I had a LOT more crashes due to what I'm guessing was memory issues - I could only play about 10 minutes on the iPad 1 before it would spontaneously exit. I have seen more issues with character screen placement on the iPad 3, conversely. Lots of times seeing my heros sleeping "under" the bed, which I never saw on the iPad 1.

Eagerly awaiting the first patch so I can keep playing!