Sign in to follow this  
Blacksleeves

Bugs and feedback

My touch is too old to download this game. Says I need iOS 5 to play :(

Doh!!! Sorry!!! You have to have iOS5.

2. And the timers.. Some kind of server implementation would be killer so that the timers will go down even when player is not in the app.

Hmm...those timers SHOULD go down when the player is not in the app. So if you set a hero to an activity, if you check back in the right amount of time, the activity should complete. There IS an issue where they need to START the activity before you can background the app.

Hmmh. Might be that I just added them to do some activity and did not wait it for the start. But I have noticed this couple of times. Have to test again.

My touch is too old to download this game. Says I need iOS 5 to play :(

Doh!!! Sorry!!! You have to have iOS5.

It's ok. My ipod is on it's last leg anyways. I think it's time for me to get a new one.

Text looks rather crappy on my 3GS in some places. Sometimes unreadable.

IMG_0014.png

IMG_0013.png

IMG_0015.png

IMG_0014.png.89fe2fbf9b191471781db29b26e

IMG_0013.png.100f8d81be6014dd3244a1f3404

IMG_0015.png.ea585bd4041bb17fa52cb2930d6

I did tested timers. Sometimes they do go down when I'm not in the game and sometimes they do not go down. I started an activity with all my heroes (practicing ability) and waited them to start -> exited the game by pressing home button -> waited 30min -> opened the game -> timers are still full. Now I killed the game and seeing what happens after 30min of wait.

Playing device: iPad2 and newest iOS.

Battery usage is fairly high when 'minimized'.

If I exit the game by five-finger pinching it the app seems to keep running in the background. Yesterday evening it had a 91% charge, when I woke up 6 hours later it was at 58%. There were no other applications in the multitask bar. Also, frame rate seemed to be a bit lower when returning to the game, somewhat more choppier.

Tested on a iPad 2, IOS 6.0.1 (10A523).

A slightly odd bug that I haven't tried to reproduce yet...

I managed to get the hero selection choices "stuck" between the Middle Manager and Surge Protector. If I select Surge Protector and then try and cycle through the other heroes from the window that pops up, I can only go back and forth between those two. If I select any other hero I can cycle through - until I get to Surge Protector, and then I can only go between the two choices once again.

I haven't played since my commute this morning so it may have sorted itself out in the meantime.

I seem to have a problem with a couple of the achievements not being awarded.

As you can see in the first screenshot, I have all rooms bought, fully upgraded and all items in them fully upgraded too.

But in the second, the achievements Feng Shui and Wings of Justice for fully upgrading a room and buying all rooms haven't been awarded.

Although I have been awarded the Branch Out achievement for fully upgrading all the rooms.

2012-12-17 22.53.22.png

2012-12-17 22.54.30.png

578d002cd2f51_2012-12-1722.53.22.png.6c8

578d002cece28_2012-12-1722.54.30.png.185

Battery usage is fairly high when 'minimized'.

If I exit the game by five-finger pinching it the app seems to keep running in the background. Yesterday evening it had a 91% charge, when I woke up 6 hours later it was at 58%. There were no other applications in the multitask bar. Also, frame rate seemed to be a bit lower when returning to the game, somewhat more choppier.

Tested on a iPad 2, IOS 6.0.1 (10A523).

Yeah, we're definitely looking into the battery drain! I've noticed the slowdown when returning to the app too!

A slightly odd bug that I haven't tried to reproduce yet...

I managed to get the hero selection choices "stuck" between the Middle Manager and Surge Protector. If I select Surge Protector and then try and cycle through the other heroes from the window that pops up, I can only go back and forth between those two. If I select any other hero I can cycle through - until I get to Surge Protector, and then I can only go between the two choices once again.

I haven't played since my commute this morning so it may have sorted itself out in the meantime.

Oh interesting. I thought I saw that once too but that I was seeing things. I knew I wasn't crazy....

As you can see in the first screenshot, I have all rooms bought, fully upgraded and all items in them fully upgraded too.

But in the second, the achievements Feng Shui and Wings of Justice for fully upgrading a room and buying all rooms haven't been awarded.

Although I have been awarded the Branch Out achievement for fully upgrading all the rooms.

Hmm. Out of curiosity are you running off a new install or have you updated from the accidental release version?

Hmm. Out of curiosity are you running off a new install or have you updated from the accidental release version?

It was a new install after the official release.

Hi Kee,

I'm running the official release from the UK store purchased a couple days ago on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.0.1 and have encountered the following bugs:

1. The previously mentioned unlimited money, items and superium bug on the "To Do" list, which wasn't too upsetting, I got some cool full strength characters out of it.

2. An animation bug when Sweet Justice was moving from the bedroom to the office directly below he walked over the top of the environment through objects and walls.

3. Lots of dropping in and out of the map when trying to drag it to look around.

4. But the one that has made the game unplayable now is that once I reached the boss of I think the 6th town (the one with the portal), once the big green foot appeared the game crashed to the home screen. The only way to get back into the app was killing it in the multitask menu and opening from scratch again. When I went back in to fight the boss again it crashed at the same part, and now whenever I try to complete that mission it just crashes as soon as I assign characters and the "Approved" stamp message appears, so I can no longer progress. It's the only application running on the phone at the time and I've restarted the phone a couple times too but to no avail. Anyways, hope that helps in your bug-fixing, if you need further info let me know.

All the best

-Matt

Another bug I have noticed:

The Montage Soundtrack upgrade appears to hurt rather than help. With no Soundtrack, I have a hero that shows upgrade times of 12 min, 48 min, and 8 min for his abilities. When I add the Soundtrack to that hero the times become: 23:16, 93:06, and 15:31. Not exactly the 75% off that is promised. I have not noticed a difference either way when using the Work Out feature.

Also, I have fully upgraded every room and every station in each room in the building, yet I only show 83% completion for the "Branch Out!" achievement. Either the achievement is bugged, or I am missing something.

I am using an iPad 2 running iOS 6.0.1 (10A523).

[edit:] I just wanted to add that I am really looking forward to the update that unlocks the last two areas. Great game! [/edit]

Hmm. This game is riddled with bugs. Lots of achievements haven't popped for me that should have. I've got the 1000 Thugs achievement, the 50 Thugs one, but not the 200 Thugs one. I've defeated every baddie, but the Dragon one didn't pop. I've maxed out several characters, level 10, all training sessions, all level 3 abilities, but still no Jack of All Trades achievement. I've upgraded all of my team's costumes, but no achievement for that, either (says I'm 81% there).

There are major balance issues, too. According to the game, even my kick ass team of maxed level 10 heroes, all with level 3 attack all powers, sometimes only get predicted a 50% success rate. This means I have to babysit them through every mission, even though their special powers mean the level is over in one attack.

Speaking of which, left to their own devices, characters never seem to use their special owners by themselves.

This has the potential to be an awesome game, all the ingredients are there, lovely universe, great presentation, but the actual mechanics feel unfinished. It feels like TellTale's Puzzle Agent in that way. You can't just take the simple mechanics from one game (Professor Leyton in their case) and expect it to be as good. A game like that is so polished in the puzzles they use, they even alter the for each territory.

Middle-Manager of Justice seems to watch to be Final Fantasy Tactics -- a game I LOVE -- but only some of the mechanics that make that game truly enjoyable are there. So close, guys! Please keep tweaking it!

System: iPad 3. Latest iOS. Username: ThunderPeel2001

Hi Kee,

I'm running the official release from the UK store purchased a couple days ago on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.0.1 and have encountered the following bugs:

1. The previously mentioned unlimited money, items and superium bug on the "To Do" list, which wasn't too upsetting, I got some cool full strength characters out of it.

2. An animation bug when Sweet Justice was moving from the bedroom to the office directly below he walked over the top of the environment through objects and walls.

3. Lots of dropping in and out of the map when trying to drag it to look around.

4. But the one that has made the game unplayable now is that once I reached the boss of I think the 6th town (the one with the portal), once the big green foot appeared the game crashed to the home screen. The only way to get back into the app was killing it in the multitask menu and opening from scratch again. When I went back in to fight the boss again it crashed at the same part, and now whenever I try to complete that mission it just crashes as soon as I assign characters and the "Approved" stamp message appears, so I can no longer progress. It's the only application running on the phone at the time and I've restarted the phone a couple times too but to no avail. Anyways, hope that helps in your bug-fixing, if you need further info let me know.

All the best

-Matt

Hi! Whew, playing on the 3GS! Do you have the vitamin hat or the coffee iv equipped going into the fight? That could be the problem if you haven't updated the app yet. Hope that the update fixed it for you!

Another bug I have noticed:

The Montage Soundtrack upgrade appears to hurt rather than help. With no Soundtrack, I have a hero that shows upgrade times of 12 min, 48 min, and 8 min for his abilities. When I add the Soundtrack to that hero the times become: 23:16, 93:06, and 15:31. Not exactly the 75% off that is promised. I have not noticed a difference either way when using the Work Out feature.

Also, I have fully upgraded every room and every station in each room in the building, yet I only show 83% completion for the "Branch Out!" achievement. Either the achievement is bugged, or I am missing something.

I am using an iPad 2 running iOS 6.0.1 (10A523).

[edit:] I just wanted to add that I am really looking forward to the update that unlocks the last two areas. Great game! [/edit]

Thanks! Glad that you're enjoying it! Yeah, I need to look into the montage fix. Argh! And let me look into the Achievement bug when I'm back in the office. Glad that you're enjoying the game!

Hmm. This game is riddled with bugs. Lots of achievements haven't popped for me that should have. I've got the 1000 Thugs achievement, the 50 Thugs one, but not the 200 Thugs one. I've defeated every baddie, but the Dragon one didn't pop. I've maxed out several characters, level 10, all training sessions, all level 3 abilities, but still no Jack of All Trades achievement. I've upgraded all of my team's costumes, but no achievement for that, either (says I'm 81% there).

There are major balance issues, too. According to the game, even my kick ass team of maxed level 10 heroes, all with level 3 attack all powers, sometimes only get predicted a 50% success rate. This means I have to babysit them through every mission, even though their special powers mean the level is over in one attack.

Speaking of which, left to their own devices, characters never seem to use their special owners by themselves.

This has the potential to be an awesome game, all the ingredients are there, lovely universe, great presentation, but the actual mechanics feel unfinished. It feels like TellTale's Puzzle Agent in that way. You can't just take the simple mechanics from one game (Professor Leyton in their case) and expect it to be as good. A game like that is so polished in the puzzles they use, they even alter the for each territory.

Middle-Manager of Justice seems to watch to be Final Fantasy Tactics -- a game I LOVE -- but only some of the mechanics that make that game truly enjoyable are there. So close, guys! Please keep tweaking it!

System: iPad 3. Latest iOS. Username: ThunderPeel2001

Thanks for your feedback! And yes, the game is going to continue being refined, polished, and the bugs are going to be ironed out. As for the powers not being triggered, that was a conscious decision to make watching more effective than delegating, that the Middle Manager intervening and micro managing a fight is something that helps out in battles. We'll be working on this game and with the feedback in mind from players like yourself! Thanks for playing and thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the typos, I was on my phone.

The difference between Watching and Delegating should be more subtle than just spamming the Special Powers buttons. I think you've hit on one of the fundamental problems with the game as it's currently designed: There's no real strategy.

I wonder if it would be more satisfying with Turn Based Battles, like the Final Fantasy series?

I look forward to watching the game develop and become more polished!

Some ideas: Why not allow a character to equip more than one upgrade? Also, Maybe indicate which characters play "front" and "back". And I'm not entirely sure what's gained from not allowing all eight characters on the hub screen?

The Jack of One Trade achievement doesn't seem to work. Not that it really matters. It's just an achievement.

Holy hell, have I been hooked on this game. I seriously spent the entire day playing it yesterday.

Edit: Oh, and my To Do List really wants me to research a snack, even though I have no more to research.

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the typos, I was on my phone.

The difference between Watching and Delegating should be more subtle than just spamming the Special Powers buttons. I think you've hit on one of the fundamental problems with the game as it's currently designed: There's no real strategy.

I wonder if it would be more satisfying with Turn Based Battles, like the Final Fantasy series?

I look forward to watching the game develop and become more polished!

Some ideas: Why not allow a character to equip more than one upgrade? Also, Maybe indicate which characters play "front" and "back". And I'm not entirely sure what's gained from not allowing all eight characters on the hub screen?

Yes, there definitely can be more strategy in battles. And we'll add more layers as we do more updates.

The all eight characters is really due to device memory constraints.

The Jack of One Trade achievement doesn't seem to work. Not that it really matters. It's just an achievement.

Holy hell, have I been hooked on this game. I seriously spent the entire day playing it yesterday.

Edit: Oh, and my To Do List really wants me to research a snack, even though I have no more to research.

Interesting. Have your other achievements unlocked? And yeah, we need to fix that todo list item. Glad that you're enjoying it!

Interesting. Have your other achievements unlocked?

All the other achievements have unlocked like normal. I have the Jack of All Trades achievement. Just not the Jack of One Trade.

Hi, i love the game!

thought I'd throw in a bug I've stumbled upon a couple of times...

When I've stopped playing right after a promotion on my iPad, (4th gen,) and resumed it on my iPhone 4, I've come across the promotion screen being opened right away and gain an extra level. (Have reached "level 11 Ultimate hero", going back and forth between my devices.) on level 11 it saied no training sessions earned, but I still got some. Eventually it stopped syncing and I didn't get it to sync again before doing something else.

Took some screenshots, but don't know how to upload from my iPad/Phone.

On a side note I'd like to say that the tutorial part can be a bit annoying to go through if you just plan on syncing your cloud save.

Awesome game, really fun!

Edit: some screens...

Here you can see the prompt at a fresh setup on my phone.

8344361168_788bc3ac5f.jpg

After clicking yes, going back and forth between my phone and pad, I get to this.

8344361460_fa0f872a3d.jpg

another edit:

I also want to add that I later found it possible to achieve this on only one device as well:

you can exit right after closing the promotion screen and, as long as cloud saves have been active,

remove the game from the device and re-download... causing the game to reinitialize and ask if I want

to load a cloud save, (once the tutorial ends and you enable could saving.)

This occurs on both iOS 5 and 6.

Finally I want to say I'm sorry to whoever who wont be able to use this exploit after it gets sorted out...

I'm sorry!

Whoa! Level 11! Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I suppose we had to carry over the same bug as the extra rank from Psychonauts. And yeah, going through the tutorial to sync iCloud is definitely annoying. We're going to fix that!

I guess level 11 might have been planed for the future as it is called something different? As I recall level 10 is called "supreme hero", so "ultimate hero" seems a little bit intentional to be there for no reason. Debug purposes maybe? (Just curious and eager to learn about some stuff.)

I guess level 11 might have been planed for the future as it is called something different? As I recall level 10 is called "supreme hero", so "ultimate hero" seems a little bit intentional to be there for no reason. Debug purposes maybe? (Just curious and eager to learn about some stuff.)

Yep, it's planned for the VERY near future. :D

Ah... and I thought I was alone...

Hmm... I guess the achievements don't work offline. There are several that didn't unlock for me i.e branch out, two of a kind, jack of all trades etc. I usually tend to play a bit on my iPod touch with not being online... I guess the achievement center does not check retroactively which is quite a bummer :( ...

Also, does the branch ranking only count districts that are not finished, because right now I'm just leveling my heroes and do missions in other districts, but nothing gets added to the branch ranking, ever... :(

Currently holding of playing through it...