Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Art Update 7: Searching for Sacrifice Girl

#2 looks really cool!

#3 looks a bit younger than what I've been picturing up until now, but she looks like a character I'd like to see. Maybe as a little sister type support cast member?

Thanks for all the feedback, feedbackers!

Here are some color treatments of some of our favorites, plus a couple of new ideas thrown in for good measure:

[the last one and some bits of all of them]

her hair is so awesome and inspiring that I drew my favourite one some "fan art" I guess-- hope you don't mind me posting it.

lSb76.png

I love all the designs and shapes so much, so many cool silhouettes and totally unique ideas.

(...)

edit: ok, there's probs some good reasons to do her hair in a massive block, but I wanted to see what #4 would look like with the dark wavy/curly hair. so I added doodle hair...which I kind of feel sacrilegious for doing for some reason. I like it, but that's just me.M3VJF.png

Not bad!

I prefer blonde hairs because of the contrast with dark skin, but the shape is interesting!

Thanks for all the feedback, feedbackers!

Here are some color treatments of some of our favorites, plus a couple of new ideas thrown in for good measure:

[the last one and some bits of all of them]

her hair is so awesome and inspiring that I drew my favourite one some "fan art" I guess-- hope you don't mind me posting it.

lSb76.png

I love all the designs and shapes so much, so many cool silhouettes and totally unique ideas.

Yes, thank you, more please.

Not bad!

I prefer blonde hairs because of the contrast with dark skin, but the shape is interesting!

Yeah, the dark olive tone skin and the plum colored hair don't have much light/dark contrast, but the colors compliment each other so beautifully (and the russet blush/ears!). I personally massively prefer the dark hair to the blond...to each his or her own.

Not bad!

Yeah, the dark olive tone skin and the plum colored hair don't have much light/dark contrast, but the colors compliment each other so beautifully (and the russet blush/ears!). I personally massively prefer the dark hair to the blond...to each his or her own.

Good job typette!!!!!!

I agree with you about the dark hair Tiny. (And I really liked what you added to it.) To me, the blond just doesn't look right because it's not something you see in nature. Dark complexions have dark hair, unless they dye it... I guess it could be the fashion of her people to dye their hair though... who knows!

Tim probably stopped reading this thread by now. (I think I would if I were him, because it's going in every direction! That would drive me nuts if I were trying to make decisions!)

Not bad!

Good job typette!!!!!!

I agree with you about the dark hair Tiny. (And I really liked what you added to it.) To me, the blond just doesn't look right because it's not something you see in nature. Dark complexions have dark hair, unless they dye it... I guess it could be the fashion of her people to dye their hair though... who knows!

Tim probably stopped reading this thread by now. (I think I would if I were him, because it's going in every direction! That would drive me nuts if I were trying to make decisions!)

Ooor, because it's a new world, perhaps in this world people with dark complexions DO have light hair, sometimes. :)

Ooor, because it's a new world, perhaps in this world people with dark complexions DO have light hair, sometimes. :)

regardless how impractical and illogical that is :).

If there's one thing I admire Double Fine for, it's practical, logical hair. BobbyZilch_med.jpg

If there's one thing I admire Double Fine for, it's practical, logical hair. BobbyZilch_med.jpg

indeed :).

I am extremely surprised she can think about anything other than how delicious grilled cheese sandwiches are.

Good choices! I love that she punctuates that thought with a little "I'm so adorable" pose.

I am extremely surprised she can think about anything other than how delicious grilled cheese sandwiches are.

Good choices! I love that she punctuates that thought with a little "I'm so adorable" pose.

I think the pose was more of a - "I answered your question now leave me alone."

hehehe

Thanks for sharing Tim!

Lili gives me some art direction while eating a grilled cheese sandwich AT THE SAME TIME.

She is amazing.

Good choices and adorable. So this is how you solved the money problem! :)

I think the pose was more of a - "I answered your question now leave me alone."

hehehe

Thanks for sharing Tim!

Ha, perhaps! She just did it adorably. Sneaky.

Lili gives me some art direction while eating a grilled cheese sandwich AT THE SAME TIME.

She is amazing.

I'm wondering if making a game with kids being responsible for all the key ideas would work or are they too much influenced by tv and computer games nowadays to be original enough?

Combine the last two

?ACT=36&fid=38&aid=2338_viUfqrM7WvdeXUqDirSb&board_id=1

Oh hey! That's a good mash up of the art. I like the dark hair with the dark skin tones so much. That confidant stance with with the calm face makes her so much more approachable too. I like strong female characters, but making -any- character (regardless of gender) overly aggressive is just a turnoff.

That's some off-the-charts cuteness there! And she's got excellent taste! Referring to the grilled cheese of course. :-P

That's pretty much what my hair looks like right now, so I can't just NOT be a fan of it.

Sign in to follow this