Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Art Update 7: Searching for Sacrifice Girl

Lili gives me some art direction while eating a grilled cheese sandwich AT THE SAME TIME.

She is amazing.

I'm wondering if making a game with kids being responsible for all the key ideas would work or are they too much influenced by tv and computer games nowadays to be original enough?

Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure

Well I'm very late for this, but regardless I shall share my opinion. What's the worst that could happen?

From these:

art8_sacrificegirl2_sg1.jpg

art8_sacrificegirl2_sg2.jpg

I really like E and M.

I'm not exactly sure why. I guess I like how E looks like a sort of mix of Pocahontas and Milla Vodello. Kinda. But I don't know why I like that.

M just looks cool.

The new renders are gorgeous, I particularly like the last two. I like both hair colors but don't think a lack of contrast is a problem at all with the darker hair, which also seems more natural to me.

B and C look great. I like that in B she seems to be nervously biting her fingernails. Wouldn't it be interesting if she begins as a nervous wreck and slowly gains her confidence. Was she always destined to be a sacrifice? Like raised to be sacrificed? If so, you think they would let her be confident? They would want her to be unsure of herself.

Okay, just kidding about making Lili pick, although she does have unusually refined taste and good style.

The more we looked at circle-n the more we liked her.

SG-hillside-small.jpg

Especially when Scott drew her standing next to Spaceship Boy.

SB_SG_meeting-small.jpg

PS This is not Spaceship Boy's real design. This actually looks more like Oliver to me.

SB_SG_meeting-small.jpg

Is she saying "Oh great, here's a brat I won't be able to stand for five seconds" (and possibly some expletives before, in-between and after that) with her eyes?

I'm just sayin', she seems pissed... :o

edit: Forgot to mention that I love the artwork. :>

I didn't care much about Circle-N at first, but I really like the look of these two pictures, especially the second one.

I also wasn't the hugest ever fan of circle-n, but I'm sure it will look great! I like the second picture there of her with the space boy.

dear god, that look on SGs face. show me an adult guy who havent been on a receiving end of that one...ouch.

tell scott that that drawing is amazing. so much in it through so little.

I'm glad you guys decided on going with color pic #2 dress style. I like the girl's annoyed expression and hair too.

Eh. I still don't like light haired one much but she does look better in that pic with Space boy so I guess its okay

Amusingly, Lilli picked my favourite along with light haired one xD

I like that she has a kinda afro/curly bob going on it's just like my natural hair! (I'm way to happy about that fact) Although I'm not sure I like the colour. I love the hair piece though~

I like C, E, circle O, circle E, circle M and circle L the best.

Overall I'd prefer her to have simple clothing and non-bleached, not covered hair.

Sign in to follow this