Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Sidequest: "I Got My Dream Job"

Wow that side quest came as a great surprise because Anna was more in the background so far.

But that made it even better!

Best thing since the Peter Chan special! Oh wait that wasn't that long ago...

PS Can I say that I really like Annas sense of style?

Great update! Anna's has a very interesting story, and it was nice hearing about DF's early days. Definitely looking forward to the next team member to be profiled.

I certainly understood what Anna meant when she pointed out that all the games DF has made recently builds their brand, customer loyalty, or pedigree. I am at the point where is a DF game is coming out on a platform I have I am going to buy it. I will keep doing that until they make a bad game.

Edit: Also, thanks for another great video

I loved the stuff about the guy that was the inspiration for Boyd and how messed up Double Fine's old offices were.

I think it'd be pretty awesome if we got a sidequest video for Tim as well, but I understand that it'd probably be a lot of work to put together since he's got quite the history with the video game industry.

We did that one about him at Lucas...

There can never be enough sidequests with Tim. Actually, there can never be enough main quests with Tim either.

Christopher Nolan totally ripped this level and general game idea for
:D

And of course now you're thinking "Man, that would make a great mash-up with the a capella Inception trailer":

http://tinyurl.com/97qc46p

youtubedoubler doesn't allow fractional-second delays so it's not quite in sync. Mute the left video and pause it for about 300ms.

This is ever-so-slightly on point because I know Anna loves the acapella dub. Oh man, and so do I. I'm crying right now :'D

Heheh- it's eerie how well they play together! Anna, will you be doing any acapella for Reds? :D

This video is amazing! I'm loving these sidequests videos. Now I wonder what the other people at doublefine are like also :D

Now that we know about where Anna grew up, maybe now we know how she got her superhuman coding powers.

I guess that would mean Tim is kind of like Professor X, and Double Fine is kind of like his school for "gifted youngsters".

PS: Milkman Conspiracy was definitely my favorite, and I definitely stood outside the gate to the asylum and listened to Boyd ramble on and on for a good long while. I also made a point of trying to squeeze every line of dialogue out of the G Men that I could. The G Men are my absolute favorite characters in the game. Especially the housewife who makes pies. Classic!

Woo-hoo! Go immigrants from the USSR! YEAH!!! (Alright, I'm just a little excited.) Dzerzhinsk is not that far from where I grew up (Gorky). It is indeed an industrial hellhole.

Glad everyone liked the video, we'll have more to come with the rest of the team. They just take a little longer than i expected because of all the b-roll that has to be gathered.

There was some impressive-looking racing game in that arcade that I never really got to play, because it was too 'spensive and there was always a line of older dudes there and I was intimidated. :D The Pong sports collection was the equivalent of 1 quarter, which was much more in my price range, and sometimes the nice older dudes would even come over play it with me.

Here, enjoy: http://www.15kop.ru/

For our english speaking friends: http://www.15kop.ru/en/ (only one game available)

Great Sidequest - really interesting learning about how a member of the team got into gaming and Doublefine. Like this a lot, and Anna, we do think Doublefine make great games! More Sidequests like this would be much appreciated :)

Awesome! That was a great watch, I've loved seeing these little insights into the team. And Anna, it was great to meet you at the PAX party! Thanks for being so nice, and offering me some brownie.

Glad everyone liked the video, we'll have more to come with the rest of the team. They just take a little longer than i expected because of all the b-roll that has to be gathered.

You need to get more interns for these tasks ;-)

I can quite relate to this whole "cultural shock" thing, as I underwent it a decade ago. Only unlike Anna here, I did the reverse thing, from better country to a worse one, and the shock hasn't worn off yet.

Anyway, this might have been my favorite sidequest so far!

Hey guys, just writing to let you know I've skipped town but I'll reply to you as soon as I get back. You're all lovely <3

Thanks for the sidequest, quality stuff as always 2PP. @Anna, thumbs up.

Smiles

Dream job indeed! I would love to be in your position, Anna. I can handle a few rats if need be. ;-P

Thanks for the story. Loved all the little tidbits behind some of my favourite games. Adds a little extra appreciation.

I think it's time I get out my old CD of Grim Fandango and replay it. I've forgotten most of the puzzles.

Great episode.

However, if you're going to do a long form interview, why not mic the interviewer? Especially considering you missed a few subtitles for some of the questions. You guys do top notch production, but this one detail drives me nuts in a 22 minute interview.

I loved hearing about your background and how you started in the industry. You're a really inspirational person, and I hope to achieve half the success you have :) And you're super sweet! It was great meeting and chatting with you at PAX!

Anna, you have a great attitude. Thank you for all your creations. The Milk Man level is my favorite level in Psychonauts.

Also, great job 2PP, as always.

I must admit, as someone who does the same job as you Anna, its the small things that you look back upon such as all working together as a team when it counts or the quirky offices that you once worked in which makes this job stand above others and contributes towards the fact that you enjoy your job despite some unsociable working hours at times.

Its actually quite hard for people to appreciate and understand!

Great vid although I wanted a bit on where your programming experience came from. :)

For me, it was Amstrad BASIC followed by AMOS on the Amiga. Good times!

Sign in to follow this