Sign in to follow this  
Unleasher

Games raise over $50 Million on Kickstarter this year!!!

Right. That would have enabled them to create a $3million game and spend a further $47million on promotional stuff, just like the huge publishers do for all those "Call Of Honor: Operation Battlefield" games.

Cool. Too bad all $50 million didn't go to Double Fine.

RPGs are cool too.

Unfortunately it seems people are a little tapped out after all the big games, there are a number of projects that have been struggling that really shouldn't be.

Plus, unfortunately, many of the projects that are in £'s are struggling because (some/many) American's seem to be unwilling to back in foreign currencies. To the point where people are cancelling KS projects, getting a US bank account and trying again.

The Realm Game was a cool project that suffered for being based in the UK. They also plan to restart with a US bank account.

The two Kickstarters I've funded so far have both been games (Broken Age being one, Wasteland 2 being another). There are also a few I'm keeping tabs on that I haven't been able to fund as well (The Homestuck/Sburb game being one-- ever since I started reading the comic, I've been wondering how it'd feel to play the game myself).

I am proud to see the creativity and drive of many of the people on Kickstarter. There are a few dishonest people on there, there always are when it comes to money, but I wouldn't have given DF/Tim Schafer or Brian Fargo my money if I didn't completely trust them, and fully expect the final products to be amazing. In fact, I know they will be.