Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

I found this in the trash outside a bookstore today.

Don't ask me what I was doing in the trash outside of a bookstore. It is a long and boring and mundane story that is probably nothing to do with whatever you're thinking. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

The important thing is that I rescued this poor, cute little animal:

xJLdQ.jpg

Some heartless monster had tossed it into the death row books on their way to get stripped and pulped. This person is a criminal and should be punished for what they have done. It's in such great condition, too! Only a minor scratch there at the bottom.

I'm going to find out who did this, and I'm going to subject them to a very long and excruciating nerd lecture.

But first I'm going to play Full Throttle.

What horrible creature would do that to a poor, defenseless adventure game? If they're willing to commit such a heartless act, who's to say that they aren't capable of murder? Just look at it, all it ever wanted was a loving home.

That said, nice find! I haven't seen a classic adventure game in the wild in years. Any sort of goodies inside, aside from the game and manual?

Any sort of goodies inside, aside from the game and manual?

Not really. Just some mail-in offers to subscribe to Computer Gaming World and/or Multimedia World.

Years ago, before ScummVM, I threw out many LucasArts floppies and big box games. Now, I wish I hadn't. Luckily I have Maniac Mansion's box safely tucked away since I bought it after.

Still, selling a rare copy of a beloved classic---even for cheap---is one thing; throwing it on the fire is another.

Criminal. Completely and utterly criminal. What has our society come to?

They could have at least put it out on eBay for shipping only.

Okay. This is getting ridiculous. Now today, I found a copy of DOTT in there.

Not boxed. Just the disc in a jewel case. BUT STILL. Crimes are being committed here.

What the hell, man!?

Is someone hoping an unsuspecting person grabs those and suddenly becomes a fan of adventure games?

Not boxed. Just the disc in a jewel case. BUT STILL. Crimes are being committed here.

BWAH? Okay, Anemone where do you live, because I want to check out this magic dumpster which apparently conjures up vintage collector games! Man, if only it were DOTT in the limited edition triangle box!

So this dumpster... it looks like this, right? I mean, it's the only explanation that makes any kind of sense.

dumpster.png

This post is where a "like" button would come in mighty handy.

I think this just is more proof that Oscar the Grouch is an adventure gamer

39281610.jpg

LOL! (Well, in reality it was more like a snicker, but still, well done.)

I'm off to my local bookstore

Not me. I'm off to my local bookstore's trash can!

I think Double Fine should try get Lucas arts to release this and Grimm in HD like Monkey was. That'd be great.

Sign in to follow this