Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

DFA Series Subtitle Initiative! [BETA]

Still not working.

Going to sleep for now.

Will look back tomorrow.

Hmm your profile shows you are the manager for the Hebrew subs. What happens when you try to change the subs? You should go to the drop down menu on the video, select hebrew subs so it's checked off. Then go to "improve these subtitles" in the drop down menu. Can you get that far?

the beauty of the process: "how the hell do i translate this and keep its meaning as close to the original as possible?!?" :)) a great example: that line from terminator 2 which tim says ("i can't self-terminate"). handling that while keeping the meaning intact is going to be tough, but that is to be expected i guess...

Hi! I'd like to help reviewing the spanish subtitles (although all the work is probably done!).

My Amara user is "nomecopies".

Italian Language

Episode 1

100% Completed

100% Adjusted

1 Check passed

Episode 2

100% Completed

100% Adjusted

1 Check passed

Please to other Italian translators: Check and edit if you need, post the check for complete the episodes! :D

Hey guys!

Looks like the bugs are worked out and things are coming along great. If anyone is still having problems just let me know and i'll work with you to get it sorted. As of right now we have a total of 22 potential languages being worked on! That's a pretty crazy high number, and i expect it to go up even more when we exit out of the Beta stage and send the invite out to all the Kickstarter backers.

I'm currently working on burning timecodes into Episodes 3-5 so they can be transcribed and added to the project. I'm expecting them to be ready before Ep6 comes out.

Thanks again to everyone contributing to the checking and translations!

Yay! It works.

(Not that it matters now, but before now I got this pop-up message that told me these subtitles are privately moderated when I clicked the link in the message that supposedly granted me permission to edit them.)

Right to left is supported (and even done by default), great!

Haven't yet tried to use dotted letters. Will get to that at some point.

First two minutes in.

translating unscripted interviews is quite...all those disjoint sentences make my head, like, hurt.

Indeed... Following the train of thougths can be problematic.

Ep1, Czech translation status: 100% translated, need to recheck and correct mistakes.

btw, who is the slovak guy? could you PM me please? we might be able to check each others substitles.

translating unscripted interviews is quite...all those disjoint sentences make my head, like, hurt.

Exactly :D And what to do with all these "yeah, like, you know, like, 'cause... kind of... ok" :] Translating it all makes the subtitles totally unreadable.

By the way Black_Hand, thanks for the tip about “podporovatel”. I think I decided to go with "poplecznik" which is literally someone standing behind your back, but usually in a negative sense: a partner in crime maybe or during coup d'etat.

Which fits DFA very well I guess ;)

i omit those completely...usually. unless it makes sense to have them in, of course. most czech interjections look wierd in text. i usually use them, when i believe that the interviewee has problems expressing himself at that moment. tim had probably the silliest one so far :). THAT IS NOT A SENTENCE IN ANY CONCEIVABLE UNIVERSE, DAMMIT TIM! (its in that section about D.I.C.E.)

is "poplecznik" a bit like an "accomplice" ("komplic" in czech)? anyways, ive checked polish translation a couple of times as well for inspiration.

(...)

is "poplecznik" a bit like an "accomplice" ("komplic" in czech)? anyways, ive checked polish translation a couple of times as well for inspiration.

About komplic - I don't know. In the immortal words of Justin Bieber: we don't say that in Poland. Unless it is like "kumpel" which we took from German and we use a lot. But there is nothing illegal suggested there.

Accomplice sounds like a legal term. I guess you can find "poplecznik" in the penal code but it is not so strong. So I would say no.

"Po-" = after (behind), "plecy" = human back, "-nik" = "someone doing something". The dictionary tells me poplecznik = supporter, henchman :]

It's always helpful to take a look at other language. In the worst case you will learn something. Do prdele ;D

I'd like to cihip in towards the Spanish, Mexican version of the subtitles.

My username on Amara is Nilveres.

Sorry I'm late guys! Only had time to join the group today. I think there are a couple of really minor fixes I'd like to make (for sentence flow mostly), if that's okay. I'll post them as soon as I... figure out how Amara works, or get enabled for editing - I'm still getting the "privately moderated" message.

I'm also guessing you love NBC's Community, judging by your avatar.

I laughed pretty hard at Amara's italian translation, it's really weird.

Benvenuto anche a te :)

Six seasons and a movie! :D

Now that my last exam has gone I think I can actually review some of the italians subs, even if I don't think I'll have time to do subs: another exam is coming. Also, I don't think I have sufficient listening abilities to do a good job :S Anyway:

Username: Quixote

Language: Italian

To Italian translators:

Ciao ragazzi, le due traduzioni sono pronte, sarebbe necessario che le controllaste e apportaste le modifiche che ritenete necessarie cosi possiamo commentarle su Amara e considerarle chiuse per passare agli altri episodi appena saranno resi disponibili su Amara!

I read the first post now and... I still don't fully understand. I can help with brazilian portuguese, but will I do exactly what FIGS speakers are doing?

I read the first post now and... I still don't fully understand. I can help with brazilian portuguese, but will I do exactly what FIGS speakers are doing?

What you mean? Obviously here we can help, to offer to the community subtitles in many different languages.

But this is not the game, it's the documentary!

The EFIGS support are intended for the game and I suppose will be entrusted to professionals.

I can help with Japanese. May I join your translation squad? My user name for Amara is "PKAnzug".

paul? whats up with the videos in the 2pp group? there are loads of videos with some silly guy doing...something.

Sign in to follow this