Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamsocal

When Will Iron Brigade Two Be Announced?

WTF. I'll it again with exclamation this time. WTF! Do NOT start a thread with that title unless you're actually stating that Iron Brigade 2 is actually on its way. I was on the verge of a mindgasm....which quickly turned to borderline rage. 'Announcing Iron Brigade 2' is quite misleading.

You know you did it on purpose just to start drama so knock it off. Veterans of this war w/ the tubes take this game very seriously.

What if DF does their own indie ripoff?
Yeah, right -.-

They'd only get sued six ways to Sunday.

prolly....microsoft is jerks like that...won't even own up to connection issues for I.B. Maybe DF could do an 'unofficial' sequel on the OUYA...which you can connect an external hard drive to, so they could make the game as big as they wanted to.

Also...I'm glad someone edited the topic title.

It's not so much that Microsoft are jerks and would sue them as it is that the United States enacted copyright laws onto their books many years ago. They also have copyright agreements that span across other countries (remember "Trenched"?) so indie rip-offs just aren't cool, no matter how badly we might want them.

Microsoft not jerks!? Do you know how bill gates started microsoft? plus the hotmail/live mail system is run off of linux. they don't even trust their own software to run their systems....that says something. plus they rip off OS X and admit to it on cnn (they said they took '200 some odd things' from os x when they made vista...like copying them was a 'compliment'). 2k pro is my fave version of windows, its too bad a lotta things don't run on it anymore....doesn't matter i'm strictly mac now, anyways. I do love my 360, though...

What if DF does their own indie ripoff?
Yeah, right -.-

They'd only get sued six ways to Sunday.

Entirely possible, but FROM did alright with their little "spiritual successor" to Demon's Souls.

I don't know the details of that arrangement, but from this end it looks like a pretty clean way to jump publishers. You're still probably right, but one can dream.

IB 2? Heh, The first one they made needs to be fixed first, let alone starting to think about a 2nd one.

To be totally honest the sheer amount of time its taking them JUST to fix everything would suggest IB2 would take another 5-6 years.

I just want a fully working IB.

Microsoft this Microsoft that it seem DF is putting out a free game for the kinnect(got it me and my kids love it) next time your guy talks about another game or something like that.....throw it out there say hey Mister Microsoft Guy it would be a good idea to bring back iron brigade cause we have ideas out if the Yin Yang for this game from the fans hell that comes from the fan base. Just tell me no there will be no 2nd cause i grow tired of waiting for the surprise that will never come. Just form a kickstarter and see how much money can get thrown together.

Simply put-

Microsoft owns rights and they see things in terms of 'this is money, that ain't money'.

Maybe something will happen, probably not.

I don't bucking know but I can always hope.

Simply put-

Microsoft owns rights and they see things in terms of 'this is money, that ain't money'.

Maybe something will happen, probably not.

I don't bucking know but I can always hope.

I just want them to fix the bloody thing already.

Microsoft fix something that has no monetary gain attached to it?

Not gonna happen. At this point in the game's life that is a fair and accurate statement I'd say.

Of course it'd be awesome if things were fixed :/

DF should do a kickstarter to buy the Iron Brigade rights. That would solve everything. DF got 3 mil for a point and click...i'd guess they'd get at least twice that for something thats become a veritable addiction to some ppl.

I will throw money at the issue...

and I'm a broke college student struggling to maintain my tuition xD

ALL THE MONEY.

Mu-st... keep.... this... topic.... alive......
Why?

The universe works in mysterious ways, you think hard enough on something in might happen or you'll get a headache

I will throw money at the issue...

and I'm a broke college student struggling to maintain my tuition xD

ALL THE MONEY.

Make it happen captain bug the piss out of them and they will give give in. OK lets just do it for ol red and the rest of the gang

WTF. I'll it again with exclamation this time. WTF! Do NOT start a thread with that title unless you're actually stating that Iron Brigade 2 is actually on its way. I was on the verge of a mindgasm....which quickly turned to borderline rage. 'Announcing Iron Brigade 2' is quite misleading.

You know you did it on purpose just to start drama so knock it off. Veterans of this war w/ the tubes take this game very seriously.

Please make sure to read the topic heading before nerd-gasming. My topic heading was asking the question. More of a rhetorical question, but a question nonetheless. If I had said something like "Iron Brigade 2 announced!", then yeah, that would be trolling for sure. Also, don't assume you aren't talking to a veteran yourself. You might be surprised.

As for everyone else, yes! Please keep this alive. This little gem of a game is one of the best games of the last ten years, and we all know it. We want it to continue, period. We are willing to help DF make it happen too!

Double Fine...this game was released two years ago, and we, your most loyal, faithful fans are willing to offer our time and assistance in any way we can to get this project on track NOW! Tell us! ALL IB FAITHFUL...SIGN BELOW IF YOU AGREE!

If I hit the lottery ill be sure to throw some money at doublefine and have them make a second.

Likely have to pay off Microscam as well if you mean for a sequel.

Please make sure to read the topic heading before nerd-gasming. My topic heading was asking the question. More of a rhetorical question, but a question nonetheless. If I had said something like "Iron Brigade 2 announced!", then yeah, that would be trolling for sure. Also, don't assume you aren't talking to a veteran yourself. You might be surprised.

As for everyone else, yes! Please keep this alive. This little gem of a game is one of the best games of the last ten years, and we all know it. We want it to continue, period. We are willing to help DF make it happen too!

Double Fine...this game was released two years ago, and we, your most loyal, faithful fans are willing to offer our time and assistance in any way we can to get this project on track NOW! Tell us! ALL IB FAITHFUL...SIGN BELOW IF YOU AGREE!

This thread was originally titled 'Announcing Iron Brigade 2", as if the post you'd see when clicking the thread title would give a sneak peak towards IB 2...which ticked me off quite a bit. Hence my rant. The title was changed after I made that post. Maybe if you saw the thread's original title currently and not 'When will Iron Brigade Two Be Announced?' when seeing this thread, you'd understand the rant. Maybe you have alzheimer's, since you can't remember what you've titled the thread originally....if thats the case then you have my sympathy. I feel a little disappointed in myself for wasting as much time as I am replying to this nonsense, but things should be clarified since you clearly don't remember.

You know, anytime you have a game about customizable giant walking robots, it seems like you have a massive potential for endless lawsuits. What is it with that? Battletech, Mech Warrior, Macross... the list just goes on and on. It's too bad Microsoft is sitting on this IP. They are sitting on Crimson Skies too, which, as far as I'm concerned, they killed.

You know, anytime you have a game about customizable giant walking robots, it seems like you have a massive potential for endless lawsuits. What is it with that? Battletech, Mech Warrior, Macross... the list just goes on and on. It's too bad Microsoft is sitting on this IP. They are sitting on Crimson Skies too, which, as far as I'm concerned, they killed.

Crimson skies was pretty sweet back then

Sign in to follow this