Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xaromir

Dishonored

i don't think there's been any indication that they can't be saved either. science in this world is damn near magical. on the other hand, if they're just mindless zombies now the only person you're affecting by killing them is corvo. killing has a larger psychological/emotional toll than just avoiding them.

(mild spoiler: if you kill a lot one of emily's lines will be something like "you smelt like blood when you came home last night") :coolcheese:

I actually did the no kill run but i wasn't awarded the achievement. Either i forgot to re-load when i did a kill achievement or it was a bug, both seems plausible as many seem to have issues with the no kill one, though i'm pretty sure the no kill box was checked every time.

I burned the medallion but it didn't show as a kill in the stats at the end. Oh well, i just play it again some day. :)

this game has some new dlc now. the first two levels are nice, big and original. the third level is a boring copy of one of the levels in the original game. the story still isn't all there, though they do a couple things (speaking protagonist, short comic-book style cutscenes) that make it a little better. overall it's still pretty entertaining, i got about 8 hours out of it for $10.

I also played it again, and to beat a dead horse: No-Kill achievement still doesn't work. I took care not to get anyone killed, i meticulously picked spots where to put strangled enemies, not near water, not near rats, and i completely avoided the whole Granny situation, still didn't get it, though i did get the shadow achievement. Still got to play the old DLC which i bought just recently, no money for the new one.

worked for me. you must be doing it wrong. %-P

(did you put any near a high ledge? sometimes the bodies can twitch and if they're in a high place they could fall off and die. it's best to leave them in dumpsters or on tables/beds.)

Sometimes it's unavoidable, but i would have done something about it if i would have seen any potential issues. This achievement is a real pain up the arse. Oh well, maybe i'll do a no-hurt run next time - just touching nothing at all.

Actually now that i think of it - sometimes knocked out enemies disappeared or something like that, not sure if that's normal or not, maybe that got something to do with it - but on the summary screens "didn't kill anyone" was always check-marked, i even let the weepers live, only thing i killed been these strange spitting clamps, fish and rats.

Sign in to follow this