Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

The Cave at Eurogamer Expo - Feedback

Hey, guys. So I got a chance to play The Cave at Eurogamer Expo today, and I thought it was very good, but I do have a couple of pieces of feedback for you that I hope might be useful.

1) Right now, the jump seems a little unresponsive. Quite a few times, I ended up running into a pit of spikes even though it seemed to me like I had pressed jump in time to make it over, and I ended up having to train myself to jump earlier than I thought I ought to in order to compensate for this. It never set me back far, but it happened frequently enough to be annoying, I don't know whether there was just some sort of input lag on the system I was playing on.

2) I understand why you can't just have your 3 characters follow each other around all the time, but I feel like it would be really great if there was a button (maybe one that was deactivated when the puzzle demands it) that you could press to just send the other characters straight to you (or perhaps a button you can hold to keep them following). It's cool that the game occasionally will catch the other characters up to you when you enter a new area, but some of those areas are pretty big, and it grows a little tiresome to have to traverse the same bit of terrain 3 times in quick succession.

They're the only things I felt could use some work, I love the over all look and feel and look forward to digging into some cool puzzles. And for finishing the demo, I got the creepy twins figurine, which is exactly the one I wanted :)

I enjoyed it, also played it at EuroGamer and the humour is really there to see, enjoyed the sample puzzle to and got a little figureine of one of the characters. :)

Love what I played of it at EuroGamer. Definitely have big hopes for it and the little figure I got after playing was just a little reminder about how awesome Double Fine really is.

Sign in to follow this