Sign in to follow this  
Dastardly31

I'm getting less excited about this game

Don't get me wrong, I want to play it and spend a lot of money on it.

But where the hell is it?

When they announced it, the marketing implied that it would be released within the week.

It's pushing the month and a half now mark now....

I know making games takes time, but even an update will do on the progress, instead of all these "it'll be out soon..."

I'm really fed up of checking iTunes everyday to see if it's out, and am starting to lose the excitement for it.

Where as I am slowly working myself up into a frothing frenzy.

Hey Dastardly31! I'm glad you're so excited for it that you're checking everyday, we need more people like you =)

It's probably taking longer than you're expecting because we like to make sure all our games are as polished as can be before release. The accidental build leak on our part also altered things, as we had to deal with that and all the new bugs people sent in because of it.

Also we're not just an iOS developer, so we're not used to what feels like the accelerated timeline of mobile games quite yet. We announced at the point in development that we normally make announcements, which is apparently a bit early in comparison to most mobile games. Good topic for us to review after we get the game ready for everyone!

Hey Dastardly31! I'm glad you're so excited for it that you're checking everyday, we need more people like you =)

It's probably taking longer than you're expecting because we like to make sure all our games are as polished as can be before release. The accidental build leak on our part also altered things, as we had to deal with that and all the new bugs people sent in because of it.

Also we're not just an iOS developer, so we're not used to what feels like the accelerated timeline of mobile games quite yet. We announced at the point in development that we normally make announcements, which is apparently a bit early in comparison to most mobile games. Good topic for us to review after we get the game ready for everyone!

Hey guys, please don't think I'm trashing or downplaying your work that goes into each game.

It's just I want it NOW!

Not just this game, but the sequel as well....

Hey guys, please don't think I'm trashing or downplaying your work that goes into each game.

It's just I want it NOW!

Not just this game, but the sequel as well....

Hi! SUPER happy that you're excited about the game and want to play it right away! We're trying to incorporate the feedback that we've been getting from the early players to make the game solid and well tested before release. We'll keep you guys updated on what's going on with the game as well as features like the Art of MMoJ to keep excitement about the game..uh...fermenting? No...that sounds gross... frothing? That might be worse.....let's just say, keep you guys excited about the game! Sequel you say? INTERESTING.....

Photobucket

I dare you to figure out why I posted that. I double dare you.

Thanks for the replies, my god Double Fine is Awesome!

Take the rest of the day off.

I think it certainly takes a large time investment for something to be good. (and, hopefully, spectacular!) Take as long as you need, Double Fine Dev Dudes (and ladies)! I will wait until the mountains are but dust.