Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Levering_2pp

Sidequest: "Put Your Lips on That."

Can't view this.

Vimeo displays this:"Sorry The creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus feature."

Same on the kickstarter page. :(

edit: nevermind, doesnt work in firefox, but works in chrome

If there's more videos like this recorded (which I hope as it's a lot of fun watching Tim play through some of his games) I'd like to request subtitles be turned on in the game, so it's possible to follow more of the dialogue. I'd also prefer the video to show the game most of the time. As infinitely gorgeous Tim Schafer is, when he says "Oh wow, holy bananas, look at the amazing thing which happened!" I'd prefer the video to be showing the game.

Schafer needs to have a Kickstarter campaign to buy back his Full Throttle and Grim Fandango franchises so he can make sequels and put the originals on Steam. I've been waiting and waiting to happily buy both games off of Steam. I wish Lucasarts would rerelease them.

Full Throttle is one of my best video game experiences. I was around 14-years-old. My family finally got a decent computer. I bought Myst, Doom 2, and Full Throttle. I had no idea what type of game it was. I just thought the cover and art looked cool. I remember reading "A Heavy Metal Adventure by Tim Schafer." I had not previously played Monkey Island or any of Tim's other works, so I thought to myself:

"WHO THE F$#K IS TIM SCHAFER?"

I fell in love with the game and have been a huge fan of Schafer ever since.

Tim, your fun, your awesome, but you speak veeery quickly and sometimes with low voice, I don't get even 50% of what you say... so PLEASE SUBTITLES!!!

Remember to use ScummVM :D makes Full Throttle run Smooooth and even look a bit better with some filters :)

I play my old Point N Click every year pretty much. There is only one think i wish was possible, it was to take like a drink and make you forget about how to complete the game :D because nothing is as amazing as playing Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fango, Monkey island the absolute first time, there is just some thing unique about going through them the first time.

Ahahaha, never having played Full Throttle, my first thought in the first 50 seconds was "why am I hearing playing

?" (The impatient ones can skip to 3:00.)

My respect for 65dos went up, my desire to play Full Throttle just leveled up.

This was great...I love this game so much. so many lush locations and ambience, so many cool machines (when youre a kid), great characters and voices.

Id hoped he would go into a little more how the story was planned out and stuff. Ive always thought its this kind of biker philip marlowe mystery story almost, for the first part, but the player always sees what ben doesnt see and knows what going on pretty much the whole time (except who maureen really is I guess), and it feels like if the story was originally conceived more like you were supposed to figure out the bad guys plan not knowing anything about it. like you get hit over the head and then just wake up in the dumpster and everyones gone. I wonder if that was ever the case... maybe it wouldnt have been as cinematic though.

I still have a copy of Full Throttle's main title song Legacy in my music library that I downloaded in the wild west days of Napster. I wonder if the Gone Jackals have a paypal account I could throw 99 cents toward.

Sign in to follow this