Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frisbyjo

Lucasfilm ltd, Lucasarts aquired by DISNEY

I feel insanely bad at this.

Look Marvel.

And the new trilogy has the potential to suck much more than the second one.

I feel insanely bad at this.

Look Marvel.

And the new trilogy has the potential to suck much more than the second one.

It also has the potential to suck much less than the second one. Because it doesn't exist yet.

POINT: Oh no! Disney bought all of George Lucas's properties! I hate Jar Jar Binks! The world is over! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

COUNTER POINT: Disney hasn't screwed up the Marvel movies too awfully bad. People seemed to really like the Avengers. And look at it this way: George Lucas is no longer in charge of Star Wars. It's not like he was making them better. In fact, the majority of people tend to agree he was doing the opposite.

Also, maybe now Tim will get to do something with his old LucasArts games.

You know, the prequel trilogy was not as universally hated as so many people think that it was. Just because ONE person in a magazine or blog says it's terrible doesn't mean that every one of the 200 million people who saw it feels the same.

Anyway, this is great news, especially now for the next generation of kids who will be able to access Star Wars and Indy a lot more conveniently.

Somehow this seems so natural.

You know, the prequel trilogy was not as universally hated as so many people think that it was. Just because ONE person in a magazine or blog says it's terrible doesn't mean that every one of the 200 million people who saw it feels the same.

Every Star Wars fan I know says roughly one of two things:

1) I hate them. George Lucas ruined everything.

2) I enjoyed them in their own way / with my kids, but I think they failed pretty badly as proper Star Wars movies.

What about LucasArts remaing devs? Why do you care only for games and not for people who made them?

Its sad to hear that Disney going to force them to make smartphone games and social networks games. People who made recent remakes of Money Island dilogy and Star Wars the force unleashed - deserve more than this. I so hopped to see remakes of of MI3 and more, full throttle and Grim Fandango HD. And i doubt disney would give these titles away, they more likely turn them into smartphone exclusive or will set a high price.

I wish that people from LucasArts could move to Double Fine and Telltale games with old titles.

Sesame Street characters are owned by the non-profit sesame workshop. No need to worry about them becoming commercialized or something. :)

Based on what i read from Ron Gilbert's statement. Please tell me that he or Double Fine is atleast gonna try and talk to Disney and not just give up without trying?.

I mean granted its a slim chance, but who knows maybe something could be worked out, by burrowing, buying the license or something.

Definitely feel like that a new Monkey Island game from Ron has the chance to break the current max funded games on kickstarter..

I mean who DOESNT want another monkey island :D, i know that even without blinking i would throw 100$ at it if not more.

It just seems worth fighing for.

Ron has already said that he wouldn't make a Monkey Island game through licensing. If it was through licensing, like how Telltale made Tales, he'd have to answer to a publisher or license holder and get their approval on story or gameplay decisions, so he wouldn't have complete creative control.

I doubt Disney would let go of Monkey Island for anything less than an absolutely ludicrous sum of money, even if they have no plans of doing anything with it themselves, so unfortunately his chances of reclaiming Monkey Island don't look too good.

I don't know why people think anything changed with Lucasarts. I'm pretty sure the same people are still in charge of it. They're just owned by Disney now.

I don't know why people think anything changed with Lucasarts. I'm pretty sure the same people are still in charge of it. They're just owned by Disney now.

Your right!. But sometimes miracles do happen, how ever unlikely. Its rare ill give you that.

Sign in to follow this