Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
just sarah

xbox 360 probs, halp.

so i have a 360, with no external hard drive -- i think.

i'm not good at this stuff, clearly.

i want to play morrowind for xbox on the 360, but it's telling me i need the exteral xbox harddrive. can i just hookup my regular, non-xbox hard drive and play it? there's definitely enough space.

but yeah.

halp.

sorry we're all too busy helping crunchy exorcise the jaggies from mario kart 64. anyway i don't have an xbox so i can't be of much help, but i'll try.

looking at this forum post i'm guessing you can get it to work with an external hard drive, but probably also a usb flash drive of which you might have one lying around. you might have to reformat it which is actually an easy thing you can do with a computer (right click the icon in the file browser).

also i guarantee you at least one dope here is going to say "you should buy it on pc it has mods and you can make it look all new and put race cars in it and make everyone naked why would you ever play it on xbox."

ugh i love it on pc but my geriatric computer would have an absolute fit.

imma try reformatting a baby drive. we will see.

---

yeah, it's formatted and recognized, but the 360 won't play the game.

i don't want to buy their hard drive :'c

oh hold on hold on i forgot my boilerplate google rant. please just humour me:

99% of tech problems you can solve yourself. how? first, punch your problem into google. keep going through results until you find someone with a similar problem and solution for it. try that person's solution. if you don't know how to do something they suggest, put the something into google with the word "tutorial" or "how-to" appended to it. finally, just try plugging things in and pushing buttons for a while. failing all that, :blank: ask for help.

did you do it for at least, like, 3 hours? one time i spent 10 hours lost in braintree, ma before i gave up and stumbled into a cvs to ask for directions. it was cold and snowy, too. my ankle hurt for weeks afterwards. maybe i am too stubborn. possibly.

I just tried to play a Xbox game on the 360 without the hard drive and it seem that the official 360 hard drive is required. It's not possible to use an external HDD or a memory stick to play original Xbox games.

Xbox360 uses an emulator to run Xbox games, not all games work, and the performance is piss poor. You're better off playing those games on an original Xbox or the PC version

Yup, you need an official Xbox360 HDD

Sarah, which model do you have, an old Xbox360 or a new Slim one?

While Xbox360 hdd's are rather expensive, You should get one of you plan on buying XBLA games or DLC. a HDD is also required to run games like Halo: Reach and Halo 4 mp

I could send her my old 120 gb hdd, I have no use for it anyway. But I don't know if Sarah has a old X360 model or a slim one

i don't know what it is.

it's black.

does that help?

OH GRANDMA, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CONSOLE GAMING, DO YOU?

250px-Xbox-360-Consoles-Infobox.png

The left one, does your X360 have a open space on top? a HDD fits there

The right one, is there a hatch on the bottom? a different type of HDD fits there

or better yet, upload a photo

It can't be the slim, I'm pretty sure they have at least a built in 4GB flash drive.

Sign in to follow this