• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
nmalinoski

Issues with Steam Achievements

Putting this here for any potential issues with the Steam achievements:

1) Leave Some for the Rest of Us

a) The achievement has a progress bar, but it doesn't get updated as you collect candies

b) I got the achievement with 1600 candies, not 4000 as in its description.

Also, I think it would be nice if the following achievements had progress bars:

- Do the Monster Bash

- Dressed to Quest

- Binary Bouncer

- Playin' Hooky

Same problems, also achievements not reported to steam if was unlocked in offline mode. At least not all of them. Seems like they are real-time, no local cache for their stats in profile, no one-time check for all achivements during every launch of the game. Applies to every other game by Double Fine on steam.

I'm having trouble with "They'll Be Worth A Lot Someday". I just don't have enough candy to buy all the stamps remaining. Is there a better way than just smacking all the bushes and mailbox again?

I'm having trouble with "They'll Be Worth A Lot Someday". I just don't have enough candy to buy all the stamps remaining. Is there a better way than just smacking all the bushes and mailbox again?

The majority of the candy you get is by winning battles, and you can get small chunks by completing the bobbing for apples minigames. Just keep at it.

I've done everything else. EVERYTHING. Every quest, every monster, every costume, explored every nook, and as far as I can tell I can't get anymore candy from bobbing for apples after the 3 parts to the quest; I tried that first.

I've done everything else. EVERYTHING. Every quest, every monster, every costume, explored every nook, and as far as I can tell I can't get anymore candy from bobbing for apples after the 3 parts to the quest; I tried that first.

You did all three bobbing for apples minigames?

All four actually (including the Grubbins on Ice one).

EDIT: Still can't find any info on any decent ways to gather candy after you've done EVERYTHING else!

I love the concept of this game and it was a lot of fun. I was trying to get all the achievements.

I always played connected online to Steam. Although I guess there is always the chance of a temporary Wi-Fi glitch I didn't spot.

I collected all the creepy treat treat cards from the main game and got an extra costume if I remember correctly. But no decked out achievement. I then completed the DLC and completed collecting the 2nd set of creepy treat cards. Still no achievement.

I went back and collected more duplicate card when definitely online and still no achievement.

I played the game in one save slot and so don't have any previous mid-game saves to go back to.

I have been told the achievement should have popped when I got the full set in the main game and got the extra costume. Is that correct?

Is there anyway I can get my current completed play through to recognise I have the complete sets and give me the achievement?

Do I have to play the whole game from the start to get the achievement? I enjoyed the game but I don't think I can face playing the whole game again. Combat got a little repetitive by the end.