Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Milkman

Art of Brutal Legend Coming Out... When?

Tim has finished signing them! So we just need to pack them up and send them to Fangamer now!

Hell yeah! Where can we place an order for it?

Probably once everyone who already ordered the signed copies get theirs, unless you want an unsigned copy, which you can get anytime from Amazon.

Tim has finished signing them! So we just need to pack them up and send them to Fangamer now!

Hooray! Can't wait to get mine!

So.....is everyone who pre-ordered the book going to get a notification telling them, "when" exactly they officially get shipped to them?

This would be nice to know. Feels like ages since I originally pre-ordered! Has Fangamer received the books and begun shipping them??

Just got an email for my order to see if the shipping address is right, looks like there on there way guys. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Just got an email for my order to see if the shipping address is right, looks like there on there way guys. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Please instruct your Fangamer representative to ship your items gloriously.

Please instruct your Fangamer representative to ship your items gloriously.

I forgot to tell them, nooooooo. But its on its way and it in is self well be glorious enough for me.

Was hoping to buy some from the store, but it keeps saying "sold out". Anyone have any idea when more will be available?

Got mine! It's every bit as impressive as I had hoped. Worth the wait, thanks Tim and Double Fine!

I got mine today as well! It's bigger than I was expecting, and substantially thick.

Got mine! It's every bit as impressive as I had hoped. Worth the wait, thanks Tim and Double Fine!

I got mine today as well! It's bigger than I was expecting, and substantially thick.

My has come in as well, diffenetly wroth the wait. Thank you Tim and everyone that works at Double Fine, you guys are awesome. And welcome samhuinn to the forums.

Found a typo in the Introduction on page 8; second column, last paragraph: missing a period: "...instrumental in setting the style Flames needed..."

Also, why are there no horned viking beer helmets in the DF Store? (Pg 36, top right)

Finally got my book, it was DEFINITELY worth the wait :D

The only thing that could make this even better, is if one day; we could see a return of the Brütal Legend Vinyl cover LP's.

Had I known about the best buy pre-orders, I'd had gone there ASAP for one of them.... :(

Nonetheless, I'm a happy Fan

Thank you, Double Fine. for creating my favorite game of all time

The only thing that could make this even better, is if one day; we could see a return of the Brütal Legend Vinyl cover LP's.

This, or a reprint of the Psychonauts playing cards.

Wooot!! I finally got mine as well! Yes, totally worth the wait! That book holder it came in was a lot fancier than I was predicting.

Now my quest is finally complete!

Bwahahahaha!

*laughs insanely as I scurry off to raise Ormagöden from the dead*

Still waiting on mine. It's had an interesting journey thus far, with a day in Tuscon, followed by a few days in Los Angeles, before moving onto a nondescript location here in Australia. Shouldn't be far off, I hope...

Yeah, finally mine arrived in Germany.

It looks fantastic and its sooo huge.

Yeah, finally mine arrived in Germany.

It looks fantastic and its sooo huge.

Mine (also to Germany) is still on its way, cleared customs yesterday. I wonder if I'll have to pay taxes, did you have to?

I would've gotten mine by now if they'd put a receipt on the outside so customs could process it. Now they're holding my package and I'll have to go get it, bringing the invoice. Except they're already closed for today, only being open until 3 PM from Mon - Thur, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow (did I mention they already close at 1:30 PM on Fridays?), netting me an additional 0,50€ in holding costs. Yay!

Just received my copy at work! Wow, quite the package! Love that the slipcase shape could house 12" LP's (wondering, should I have this displayed beside my Judas Priest vinyls... hmm).

Excellent work all around from everyone. Well worth the wait!

You only have to pay the holdings cost if it becomes over 5€ (ten days).

I only had to pay about 8something€ for taxes, but it cost me 2 hours waiting.

Are more of these slipcased copies going to go up for sale (even if not signed)?
I think they said that they well have more signed ones with slipcase once all of the ones are sent to the people that had already preoder them.

Bwuaaarh, Finally managed to get mine :P evil customs. Also got my Eddie statue along with it (that thing is huge!).

The artbook is also gigantuan, and I've read a bit of the introduction :D It's awesome.

Extra tax was less than expected, but im not complaining.

Result was an import VAT of 25 dollars, import tax consisting of another 25 dollars, and then just for a secondary VAT added to the import tax of 5 dollars for a total of 55 dollar tax/vat.

Only sad thing I noticed was a tiny spot on the front of the slipcase where the glossyness has been peeled off. Im guessing that happened when they ransacked the package for the contents. At least I have the artbook now :D Score!

Also got my Eddie statue along with it (that thing is huge!).

DANG! I want that one aswell.

But another 30 Dollars for shipping...? :/

@Martyvej: Is it possible to take a picture of the statue with the book, so i can get a feeling for the hight?

@m4rc: Sure thing :) Im a newb photografer so naturally I did not take the window in the background into account when I took the photo - and I diddent excactly crawl when I took the photo either (table is fairly, low - and im fairly tall, a bad combo when taking photos).

Anyways the book incl. the slipcase is 32cm, and the statue is 42cm. :P so almost 1/3rd extra book height.

My previous tallest figure was one I got with a gift of the Skyrim collectors edition, but even the mighty dragon cowers before the size of Eddie.

brutal.jpg

brutal.jpg.a9d9e7183aa49feba1c54e8ad358a

Thank you.

Sometime in the future I have to buy it, it is sooo epic *.*

Can't wait for mine to finally get shipped. It has been a while since they requested an address confirmation, but the shop still says "unfulfilled".

Sign in to follow this