Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Frischy

The Beautiful Game.

I have bought games sinces the early 80`s.

I have played pong, everything Amiga, Sega, Atari. Nintendo, and got myself a PC 288/25 mhz. I played all the games, but had one thought throughout. Why isn`t there any freedom in the games? The first game that blew my mind was zac mccracken. It blew my mind. You had a choice. Now there is not many games out there. Gta and thos games of course, but you are not really free. I have 100 games plus and when i look at them no one really to make me play them.

I want a adventure, action, everything game. In real time too. When i log on i am in my own apatment. Will i watch tv and relax? Will i go out doing something fun? Will i take a call to someone? Will i go to jail if i do something wrong? Will that experience be in real time? Everything you do in the game should make another game or experience.

Why should every sannbox game focus on one thing? Lets put sims, gta, Sid Meier and all the others into one world?

If you need something, read Readt Palyer One! Cannot read? Listen to it on audio by a great legent in science fiction.

That whould be great!

We have the computer power. Lets make something that is awesome!

I don't really see the appeal of a game about everything. I think it needs certain constraints to really be a game, and one needs to accept the conventions of the medium to get really immersed. Certain sandbox games have a problem with being too open, if there is no guideline the player might lose motivation.

As you're probably aware, real life fulfills all the features you suggested, but it's understandable if you don't want to risk doing something wrong and going to jail for real. If you ask me, that's where games, fiction and movies get much of their appeal, one can experience things that are impossible or one wouldn't ever want to try oneself. Conversely, that's why Sofaslasksim 2000 sounds like a really boring game, as it is no point in entering the game as a medium to experience something that mundane.

Sign in to follow this