Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

Where is everybody?

Hmm, it seems there's only one culprit - Black Ops II, or Coach Oleander became evil again and kidnapped everyone so he can make an army of psychic death tanks.

I'm still here, but no one is posting things for me to reply to and nobody likes my threads because I'm keenly interested in things other people don't care about.

BUT I AM LURKING.

I figured Scarecrow was writing and Few was sick.

@anemone

I thought your thread about female characters was an interesting idea, but I don't like FF X and know very little about Yuna. I would have participated if I knew the characters better.

Get well soon Fed! :)

I was sleeping the last couple of hours, but i'm all yours now, sweet cheeks.

@anemone

I thought your thread about female characters was an interesting idea, but I don't like FF X and know very little about Yuna. I would have participated if I knew the characters better.

Hmm. Okay. Maybe I'll try another one with different female characters then. I thought FF was popular enough that most people would know it. Will think about it.

A problem that plagues many a video game female. I'm afraid I don't have any insight to offer on any of the Halo games, though, so I'd have to leave that thread up to youze guyz.

@anemone

Hmm. Okay. Maybe I'll try another one with different female characters then. I thought FF was popular enough that most people would know it. Will think about it.

Oh I know and love Final Fantasy. Just not FF X. I didn't like that one.

How about Cortana's visual transformation from average looking female to pinup model?

I would argue that that topic is well covered on these forums, I'd be much more interested in discussing how Cortana has developed as a personality in the Halo franchise (if I knew anything about Halo). If perhaps with her more exaggerated figure her personality has become more sexualized as well or if she's actually become a more interesting and complex character.

I think there'a place for discussing objectification and that stuff and it's the gender politics thread. Can we talk about more literary concepts in threads about characterization?

I've been in a kind of emotional funk and just don't really feel motivated to do anything

I've been in a kind of emotional funk and just don't really feel motivated to do anything

Every day is unique, out time finite, and life is autotelic, embrace that and you will be happier.

(But i'm with you on that one, i know the feeling, mate. :< )

I'm sorry Carl. Anything anyone can do to help you feel better?

I just need to get back on a regular schedule. Part of my problem is that I haven't been getting alot of sleep lately. Really bad weather extremes, disruptive construction work, and being kinda sick due to the previous two haven't helped.

Not sleeping has been making me feel crummy, so then I don't eat and that makes me feel crummy too, and the cycle repeats. It sucks, but once my classes start up again I'll probably be better.

Also lately I've been seriously considering maybe seeing a therapist about some other stuff. I reached an all-time emotional low recently, sobbing on the kitchen floor into my cat at 6 in the morning

I just need to get back on a regular schedule. Part of my problem is that I haven't been getting alot of sleep lately. Really bad weather extremes, disruptive construction work, and being kinda sick due to the previous two haven't helped.

Not sleeping has been making me feel crummy, so then I don't eat and that makes me feel crummy too, and the cycle repeats. It sucks, but once my classes start up again I'll probably be better.

Also lately I've been seriously considering maybe seeing a therapist about some other stuff. I reached an all-time emotional low recently, sobbing on the kitchen floor into my cat at 6 in the morning

itLKNUrOI8XmG.gif

itLKNUrOI8XmG.gif

OH MY GOD THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE :D

Also lately I've been seriously considering maybe seeing a therapist about some other stuff.

If your insurance pays or you have the money for it - go for it! I've been in therapy for the better part of the last 2 years, no more than 2x/week, at the moment more like one a month. It'll solve nothing, but it'll help you a lot to solve your issues as long you want them to change. Well it certainly helped me a long quite a bit.

Sign in to follow this