Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Autonomous: Voting Discussion Thread

Random ideas:

-the robot voices should sound like Soundwave's electronic voice from Transformers.

-if there is a tutorial or companion type character in the game, he ought to resemble a max headroom roaming AI type thing. (Which also might mean you could just film a double fine staff guy in shades and a plastic hairdo - heh.)

And the reward for Best Quote From Today's Livestream goes to:

"So, Dan, if you had to compare Steam to Games for Wi-"

"No."

"So, Dan, which would you prefer: ice cream or a handful of fish hooks in your mouth?"

Just finished watching the team introduction and it looks like team Autonomous has the most energy, and really are psyched to get into the development. Looking forward to see the prototype. Rock on!

And the reward for Best Quote From Today's Livestream goes to:
"So, Dan, if you had to compare Steam to Games for Wi-"

"No."

"So, Dan, which would you prefer: ice cream or a handful of fish hooks in your mouth?"

I couldn't stop grinning when he said this.

-the robot voices should sound like Soundwave's electronic voice from Transformers.

+1 for More Vocoder.

"More Vocoder" is the new "More Cowbell".

+1 for More Vocoder.

"More Vocoder" is the new "More Cowbell".

Oh just you guys wait. I was writing automaton dialog tonight...

I have to admit that I didn't vote for it, but your pitch yesterday sold the idea to me, Lee!

Yeah me too.

What's the tone of this game world? Is it 100% solemn and how a cyberpunk apocalypse would be directed back then? or is it more like we look at them now, where it's kind of ridiculous but told with a straight face, like "THE YEARS IS TWO THOUSAND AND TEN, GLOBAL WARMING HAS IRRADIATED THE WORLD'S ECOSYSTEM AND PEOPLE TAKE VACATIONS TO MARS." ?

Somewhere in between. Quirky and a bit ridiculous, but also a bit of a sci-Fi straight man who doesn't realize he's outdated.

looking forward to this one the most, and it looks so awesome and thought out already! Wish the forums for this game had more activity :'( MOAR DISCUSHION!! Seriously who else wants to know whats planned and in their minds?

I'm really interested to see if the faceted art and all the crazy shader stuff comes out nice. There's some discussion.

Sign in to follow this