Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Black Lake: Voting Discussion Thread

I'm no good at making memes so I m just going to Say I want to see this made...I kinda felt that this sounded like (from the video pitch) a More serious take on Psychonauts but substituting animals for humans. That got my vote immediately so sad to see this one so close but not make it.

I'm also sad that Black Lake didn't make it into the final. Curse you community! *swinging my arm*

This sounded like a really great concept, could have been better than Psychonauts with the right budget. I'm gonna go and cry in a corner now. :'(

The same idea also crossed my mind when I saw that Black Lake wasn't in the top 4. I mean they both seem to be dark and atmospheric titles. Black Lake seems more hunting and combat oriented, while the White Birch is more focused on exploration and puzzles, but if you work together I think they can be like two sides of the same coin.

It's a shame, but there was barely any movement in the top 4 the whole week! If Double Fine does anything similar another time, I hope they'll hide the votes before they are all in!

Those meme's SO GOOD! I can't believe this didn't make the top four though. It fits much more in line with DF than a space sim me thinks.

KEEP BLACK LAKE ALIVE!!!

Just out of curiosity (and perhaps stubbornness) can we pretend like this project is still going through and work on it here ? *puppy dog eyes*

Just out of curiosity (and perhaps stubbornness) can we pretend like this project is still going through and work on it here ? *puppy dog eyes*

I'm down with this stubborn effort to keep hope alive :D

All right. I'm watching the live stream of this, I'm ready to hop on BART and get to the studio to fetch coffee for the Black Lake team.

That's just AWESOME ! :) Thank you so much Tim ! You're simply the best ! :) I will have to spend the next two weeks following the progresses of the Black Lake team ! :)

All right. I'm watching the live stream of this, I'm ready to hop on BART and get to the studio to fetch coffee for the Black Lake team.

Little cream no sugar. I mean Black!

Really good presentation Levi :)

Keep on the good work. Just a question, will you continue with the art style you posted on the forums or are you getting someone to help you out in that?

Sign in to follow this