Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

AF Prototype Support Thread

Context: Assert in Src\Entity.cpp, line 741

Context: Trying to create entity 'MustacheBody' without a domain

I have no idea if that related to the problem or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case.

Yes, that's a good clue. I've passed it along but we're just starting 2012 AF now and we may need to fix this bug after this AF is done. Two weeks is not much time at all :)

Totally understandable. It's just a prototype, after all, and I get that it's kind of being offered "as is." Still, if it turns out that there's a pretty easy fix (either on your end or my end) to get it working, I'd love to see the issue resolved...in two weeks or so. :)

Context: Assert in Src\Entity.cpp, line 741

Context: Trying to create entity 'MustacheBody' without a domain

I have no idea if that related to the problem or not, but I thought I'd post it just in case.

Yes, that's a good clue. I've passed it along but we're just starting 2012 AF now and we may need to fix this bug after this AF is done. Two weeks is not much time at all :)

Totally understandable. It's just a prototype, after all, and I get that it's kind of being offered "as is." Still, if it turns out that there's a pretty easy fix (either on your end or my end) to get it working, I'd love to see the issue resolved...in two weeks or so. :)

Just adding my name to this bug too, after beating the rat 'A' button no longer responds.

I also have another problem. If I beat the rat (in a few hits) I have the above problem but sometimes the rat is impossible to beat. No matter how many i sneeze on it I can't defeat it. It seems to regenerate it's health even with the candy boost I can't bring the little guy down.

One last little thing I noticed that might help I noticed that if I pause during a battle I see a little candy icon next to the 'Y' button but when i unpause it disappears, not that it's important to me but it might help track the bug.

I completely understand that you need to focus on the new games but I hope when your done you guys might crush a bug to two I'd love to play this little game but I can't get past the first fight.

(Window 7 Home 64 bit)

to the AF happy song:

I cant hear the previews, and also how do you use the monsters that cant hold instruments???

Use your Mic

I feel a bit stupid about having to ask this but I just donated and I can see where to download all the prototypes and stuff, but one thing I am confused about is how to view the daily 2PP updates.

There haven't been any updates to view yet, the first is expected today sometime. As for viewing when it's available, I'd imagine it'll be in the same place as the download links but I don't know for sure.

For me sound didnt work on sing prototype till I booted it from the folder and not from steam.

There haven't been any updates to view yet, the first is expected today sometime. As for viewing when it's available, I'd imagine it'll be in the same place as the download links but I don't know for sure.

Oh haha thanks, I was worried for a second there might've been a problem with my payment.

Hey, hey, who took away this awesome music with the drums, the bass, the guitar and the trumpet?

Bring it back, i can code a lot faster this way.

I also have another problem. If I beat the rat (in a few hits) I have the above problem but sometimes the rat is impossible to beat. No matter how many i sneeze on it I can't defeat it. It seems to regenerate it's health even with the candy boost I can't bring the little guy down.

(Window 7 Home 64 bit)

I have the same problem, have had it each time I've tried playing; have had it with dragon, robot, and sneeze costumes, and have had it against the rat and the werewolf. One thing of note is I tried letting a rat win; it got me to 1 hp, but each attack after that does nothing.

I am also using Windows 7 with 64 bit.

Hope this helps if/when necessary.

Costume Quest prototype is entirely unplayable for me. I've tried many times, but I've managed to beat the rat only once. And then I was unable to defeat the werewolf... Win7 64bit.

Thanks for the bug reports on the CQ invulnerability bug. We'll see if our QA can repro the bug locally and we'll try to get a patch for you after our AF is done.

That's something Greg ran into during his streams. It may be an AD issue where a specific suit (the dragon?) is required to defeat the werewolf.

AF is over, so are there any news about the patch?

I've tried very hard to finish the game but I also get this error every single time I play the prototype.

It would be really great if I could finally play the Costume Quest prototype without this error.

I've tried very hard to finish the game but I also get this error every single time I play the prototype.

It would be really great if I could finally play the Costume Quest prototype without this error.

No word yet, but AF just ended Wed and we spent most of yesterday packaging the AF prototypes for distribution. I'd say next week for the CQ fix, provided we can make the time for it.

No word yet, but AF just ended Wed and we spent most of yesterday packaging the AF prototypes for distribution. I'd say next week for the CQ fix, provided we can make the time for it.

Will we ever get the CQ fix?

Will we ever get the CQ fix?

I had the problem with the invincible rat as well on Win 7 64, and I found that it was fixed by simply setting the compatibility settings of the executable to Windows XP (Service Pack 2).

Sign in to follow this