Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Danaroth

Amnesia Fortnight is on!

Hey Amnesia Fortnight backers! Check out BRAZEN - a new prototype you can download free if you've already supported AF 2012! It's the beat-the-average gift for new supporters.

Some of us will jump on steam later this afternoon to play - come join us! (I'll start a new thread in the BRAZEN area after lunch.)

You should be able to get a Steam key the same way you got the Costume Quest and Happy Song ones from the Humble Bundle site.

What makes people think that the money is coming from the DFA project? - The kickstarter was to get independent funding for a small group within DF to create it. This is a separate project that the whole company works on for two weeks (And this time looks like it's getting at least partial funding from Humble Bundle).

The only thing I can think of is that 2PP are also involved in this. But that really doesn't mean that the money would come from DFA. In fact, since they are separate projects with money allocated to both it would be bad management/financial control for money to come from one project to be invested in another. It makes even less sense when DF have been completely transparent (Because backers asked for it) about where all of the money is going for the project.

It wasn't meant as a definitive statement... I have no idea how they're structuring their relationship with 2 Player Productions. But it seems like a question worth asking, call it "backer-due-diligence."

You mention that "it would be bad management/financial control for money to come from one project to be invested in another" -- I am just trying to glean information on how they've structured this / to ensure that isn't the case.

Think that's a fair question to ask... I'd hate to later hear of some cut feature from DF Adventures and think "well, you paid those 2PP guys enough to do these 4 side projects, maybe ya shoulda put that feature in instead."

They already said in the beginning how much they paid 2PP. It was a set amount % of the total that was donated with the kickstarter/paypall so it will not change by anyway for the game budget if they get some extra/different work from doublefine. At least not on the game production.

Sign in to follow this