Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black_Hand

Amnesia Fortnight

I was kind of hoping for something different with this. Something that is familiar but has that Double Fine flavor to it. So I voted for in no particular order.

Black Lake

Autonomous

The White Birch <---My Favorite

Hack n Slash

one thing I noticed is that since most of the votes are from PC users the scores seem to be pretty biased against the mobile games

Thalesnm: and not gish in 3d, or de blob?

de Blob is more about painting and music, not playing with liquid's physics.

I don't know about the other.

one thing I noticed is that since most of the votes are from PC users the scores seem to be pretty biased against the mobile games

I'm primarily a console gamer and the PC is my secondary platform, but I think you probably raise a good point. After all, the most voted for game is Hack n' Slash, which is a hacking game (read: PC game).

I personally haven't cared for most of the mobile games I've played. The best ones are usually ports, and I'd rather play those on the non-mobile platform. I'm also getting really worn out with physics puzzlers, so that was another miss with me.

But I'm not here to rain on anyone else's parade. Deciding DF's next set of games this way certainly does favor the opinions of PC gamers.

On the other hand... PC gaming and digital download are on a huge upswing right now thanks to services like Steam and the so-called indie renaissance. A lot of people, especially core gamers who reading gaming news and end up participating in things like this, are using their PCs to play games on Steam or similar services now. Maybe the PC isn't their preferred platform, but how many people is it really ignoring altogether?

A good observation, either way.

I do agree that they shouldn't have displayed the results while voting was still in. As others stated, it skews the results.

I admit that Hack n' Slash was my favorite when I reviewed all of those. But since I haven't voted yet and that it's most definitely going to be selected, I'm going to vote for others.

Now where's that game where you have to rebuild Veronica Belmont?

What struck me about the pitches was that every last one of them was from a white male. We know there are *some* women at DoubleFine--is there something about the culture there that makes them avoid pitching something? Or just too few of them? Tim claimed every employee there could make a pitch...

That said, there are some awesome ideas in there; I hope Tim makes an executive decision to greenlight a game or two that he likes that don't get the top votes.

New prototype added to the Amnesia Fortnight bundle:

BRAZEN

That said, there are some awesome ideas in there; I hope Tim makes an executive decision to greenlight a game or two that he likes that don't get the top votes.

I hope so, too.

if you put this into 3d, then the mechanics are pretty much the same. physics based, soft-body on the player character.

if you put this into 3d, then the mechanics are pretty much the same. physics based, soft-body on the player character.

I see. Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac are awesome, btw, this game must be as well.

My takes:

-Autonomus

-Bragging and Fighting

-Milgrim

-Kaiju Piledriver

I find that they have the best attitude to be Double Fine games. White Birch, Black Lake, Spacebase, I adore all them, but I think they aren't too much Double Fine. (I'll be delighted to try them anyway).

Onorable mentions (I voted them even if they are not running for the winners):

-Turk

-Critterverse

-Flopulus

-The Knockover

The Black Lake also needs more votes, but I am sad on lack of votes going towards Redbots' Reboot. I think the only game I'm voting for that is in the top four is The White Birch, though I'm more interested in Black lake than WB making it to the prototypes stage.

What struck me about the pitches was that every last one of them was from a white male. We know there are *some* women at DoubleFine--is there something about the culture there that makes them avoid pitching something? Or just too few of them? Tim claimed every employee there could make a pitch...

Hey Lucian, I posted about this on the AF side of the forums! :)

www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7945/

I backed today after I got over my sadness that The Flock would not make the cut.

Hey Lucian, I posted about this on the AF side of the forums! :)

www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/7945/

Thanks for posting this!

Hey guys, I've been out of town for the last week so I'm feeling a little lost. Are we automatically in on this or is it something separate we have to contribute to get in on?

Sign in to follow this