Sign in to follow this  
DF Chris Remo

Brazen support thread

Having trouble running Brazen on your Windows PC, getting multiplayer working, or any other issue?

First try the information in this thread. If that doesn't help, post away!

Is there any way to change the resolution? My laptop card can't handle playing most games at native resolution.

Is there any way to change the resolution? My laptop card can't handle playing most games at native resolution.

Try going into Brazen>Data>Config and changing the resolution in Default.cfg using a text editor.

Also looks like you can switch it to windowed mode by changing fullscreen to false in User.cfg.

I haven't tested any of this myself, but it looks like it'd work.

Yes, that works! You can also add those lines to the User.cfg in here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\brazen\Data\Config

(or wherever your steam games are installed)

Add these lines at the end:

fullscreenWidth = 800

fullscreenHeight = 600

Try going into Brazen>Data>Config and changing the resolution in Default.cfg using a text editor.

Also looks like you can switch it to windowed mode by changing fullscreen to false in User.cfg.

I haven't tested any of this myself, but it looks like it'd work.

It's more correct to add those lines as Burger describes to your User.cfg than editing Default.cfg (anything specified in User will always override Default). You can also use the commandline options -width and -height to get the same effect.

still, if the game is set to run in full screen, it tries to keep 16:9(10) aspect ratio, even if i use 1280x1024. windowed should be fine for now.

still, if the game is set to run in full screen, it tries to keep 16:9(10) aspect ratio, even if i use 1280x1024. windowed should be fine for now.

Where do you notice that? Just in the Menus or does the game look wrong/stretched to you, too?

Wonder if I'm being a dumbass here... but I can't get into a private game because it says the steam client isn't running. I've tried copying the game file into the steamapps common directory and adding the game to steam as a "non steam game," but nothing.

Any thoughts?

Wonder if I'm being a dumbass here... but I can't get into a private game because it says the steam client isn't running. I've tried copying the game file into the steamapps common directory and adding the game to steam as a "non steam game," but nothing.

Any thoughts?

You need to be running the Steam version, not the version downloaded directly from Humble Indie Bundle. Check your account on Humble Indie Bundle and you should be able to find Steam keys you can redeem.

Is there any way to invert the mouse or adjust the sensitivity?

I didn't see it in the cfg files, unless I missed it.

Is there any way to invert the mouse or adjust the sensitivity?

I didn't see it in the cfg files, unless I missed it.

If you open the profile save, you can edit that with a text editor, but there is, sadly, no GUI for it in the prototype.

DF Nathan: there is some "playerSetup" with "bInvertVertical" field, but it doesnt really work :(.

DF Nathan: there is some "playerSetup" with "bInvertVertical" field, but it doesnt really work :(.

Bummer. Are you playing w/ Keyboard and Mouse? If so, I bet the invert flag isn't properly applied to mouse input.

yes, i use k&b. when i get back from work today (soon) i might be able to try to put a negative number to sensitivity at least - and yes, not being home was the reason why i was so vague in the first place. even then i prefer my k&b to gamepad, which i have also tried :).

what about the issue with the aspect ratio? i understand that its just a prototype, but since its buddha i seriously doubt that you would throw it all away, so youre going to have to fix it.

yes, i use k&b. when i get back from work today (soon) i might be able to try to put a negative number to sensitivity at least - and yes, not being home was the reason why i was so vague in the first place. even then i prefer my k&b to gamepad, which i have also tried :).

what about the issue with the aspect ratio? i understand that its just a prototype, but since its buddha i seriously doubt that you would throw it all away, so youre going to have to fix it.

The nef number may work. It's worth giving that a shot.

The aspect ratio appears specific to the Flash UI elements, which are custom made for each game. Not sure if we'll have the bandwidth for a patch until after AF, but I'll see what we can do today...

hmm..ive just checked the default config, and cant find the proper property to change the sensitivity.

hmm..ive just checked the default config, and cant find the proper property to change the sensitivity.

That would be in the profile file, too.

BTW - sorry I can't be more help but I'm stuck in an airport waiting for a very delayed flight home.

I'm looking into the UI thing today! I'll try to keep you posted but things are nuts around here today with Amnesia Fortnight! Hopefully I'll have a fix soon!

its not in there. id have to have the exact property name to experiment with it. and ive checked all the config files. and sorry for bothering you at the airport like this. i know youre doing your best.

and btw, youre talking about Flash UI. is really flash? or is it scaleform (doesnt look like it)? or just some internal tech.

Brad: thanks!

Ok I looked at it a bit today! I'm not going to be in the office a lot today but I'm going to try to get a fix in for y'all this afternoon before the live stream! :D!

Ok we just pushed a patch to add proper 4:3 support for BRAZEN! :D!

Also - if you were on a 16:10 display and you were seeing a slightly sliced-off Front End / HUD, I fixed that as well! It should now look correct on 16:9, 16:10, and 4:3!

Brad!

and btw, youre talking about Flash UI. is really flash? or is it scaleform (doesnt look like it)? or just some internal tech.

Scaleform is a flash runtime emulator, so it's both!

Brad: thanks! will check out soon.

Nathan: well as far as i remember from UDK its not exactly flash, although you should use flash to create the menus. still, scaleform seems like a lot of fun. the reason why i didnt notice that its scaleform is simply that most devs use the "3d" feature of it right out of the box, because its easy to relate it to the current position of the mouse on screen.

Nathan: well as far as i remember from UDK its not exactly flash, although you should use flash to create the menus. still, scaleform seems like a lot of fun. the reason why i didnt notice that its scaleform is simply that most devs use the "3d" feature of it right out of the box, because its easy to relate it to the current position of the mouse on screen.

The core of Scaleform is literally a VM that runs actionscript and emulates how the Flash browser player handles things like movie clip updates. Scaleform has added a few custom extensions (like the fake 3D effect you're talking about), but it's all essentially cheats on top of a Flash foundation.

oh. ok. i havent exactly worked with it apart from some really small tweaks to the menu in UDK, since the thing i was working on was not exactly a game in the typical sense of the word and we didnt really care about the specific UI. epic actually screwed up one aspect of the way the menu used to work, when they have released the scaleform update so that was the only point ive been working with it.

oh. ok. i havent exactly worked with it apart from some really small tweaks to the menu in UDK, since the thing i was working on was not exactly a game in the typical sense of the word and we didnt really care about the specific UI. epic actually screwed up one aspect of the way the menu used to work, when they have released the scaleform update so that was the only point ive been working with it.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with it. I did most of the UI implementation on Once Upon a Monster and my wife worked on the Flash authoring tool for about 10 years :)

kudos to you then :). ive only tried flash authoring tool like ten years ago for a couple of months. btw it seems that scaleform has almost become and industry standard. you know, borderlands 2, deus ex, dragon age etc. so i think getting more familiar with it is not a bad idea :). is it really that easy to use?

Sign in to follow this