Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Levi

Art Update 10: Concept Art Roundup

There is nothing more adorable than a tiny lady with an enormous hat. I may have made several embarrassing noises out loud when I say her. I hope she makes it into the game! Also Peter Chan's maps are always so detailed and filled with space, I can't wait to get the full art book. Not to mention the personality in those cloud birds. Awesome.

I don't know why but I am MADLY in love with that Tree that has a blonde hairstyle flowing in the wind. Flowers in it's hair. Amazing drawing style and my eyes just always keep fixated on that one. I really, really hope it will be in the final game :)
Seconded, it's caught my eye before in the doco as well. Lots of beautiful work here, every morsel I see (and hear) of this game has me more interested in and enthused for it.

Gorgeous and strange artwork - seems just perfect for this game. I enjoy it even more having seen your exquisite artists up close and personal in the videos. Simply can't wait to immerse myself in all of this awesomeness!!!

I don't know why but I am MADLY in love with that Tree that has a blonde hairstyle flowing in the wind. Flowers in it's hair. Amazing drawing style and my eyes just always keep fixated on that one. I really, really hope it will be in the final game :)
Seconded, it's caught my eye before in the doco as well. Lots of beautiful work here, every morsel I see (and hear) of this game has me more interested in and enthused for it.

Good to know I'm not alone. And I see we have similar taste in music. Nice ambient tracks you got there!

Gorgeous! Beautiful and strange in equal amounts. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep up with the development process of this game so I wasn't spoiled but this kind of updates keeps me going back for more sneak peeks.

Beautiful concept art all around! Can't wait to see some of these ideas animated in the game!

Awesome, although I can't help but wonder how many of these will be used later for promotional images when the game is closer to release? Or will that be dependent on screenshots of the finished game?

Seriously, I'm interested in how a game like this would be promoted when it's finished.

Awesome, although I can't help but wonder how many of these will be used later for promotional images when the game is closer to release? Or will that be dependent on screenshots of the finished game?

Seriously, I'm interested in how a game like this would be promoted when it's finished.

This kind of concept art isn't generally used as promotional imagery, but we really haven't even begun thinking about that sort of thing yet!

This kind of concept art isn't generally used as promotional imagery, but we really haven't even begun thinking about that sort of thing yet!

Guess I'm thinking ahead a bit too far then. Thanks, Chris.

I knew that reminded me of something.

WorldOfGoo_LittleMissWorldOfGoo1.png

Why are the doors smiling? WHY ARE THE DOORS SMILING?!

I'm guessing because they're trying to lull you into a false sense of security. Never trust doors that smile or talk.

I'm guessing because they're trying to lull you into a false sense of security. Never trust doors that smile or talk.

hehe, just like the labyrinth. u just cant trust those doors.

also, i love all the art, and especially this guy

art10_14.jpg

Fantastic work! I really love the style!

I think my favorite is the girl and the bird here. All of my love.

art10_04.jpg

This is really cool to see the concept art and the different styles of each of the artists. Thanks so much for posting! I'm really enjoying all of the updates for Reds.

hehe, just like the labyrinth. u just cant trust those doors.

also, i love all the art, and especially this guy

art10_14.jpg

especially the wind up thingies are a nice robby the robot touch

robby-the-robot.jpg

it's all looking super promising, but i just love that bird! character! :) how his wings are longer than the cloud he's sitting on..

The bird is female apparently.

Good to know I'm not alone. And I see we have similar taste in music. Nice ambient tracks you got there!
Oops, missed that. Thanks, appreciated :)

I especially like the armchair in the upper left (a). It might not be the most comfortable one but it must be fun rolling it to some position and then sitting into it, maybe you can roll whilst taking spokes like position inside or by shifting your weight. No wonder that hamsters are having fun. And the (b) stones are cool. *skipping the girl pictures* The Navbot looks interesting too, i like his printer paper like beard, maybe he's talking by printing out his thoughts in a continuous way. ...

art10_09.jpg

The gravity of this image and scenario only just hit me. This game is going to be epic.

I get the feeling I'm going to be taking about a hundred screenshots from this game to use my backgrounds for a while, keep up the great work.

Sign in to follow this