Sign in to follow this  
Insanity♥Fair

~*insanityfair's supermagical chrismas thread yayyy !!*~

Whoa! Spectacular lights, Crow! Do you guys go to that extent every year?

Aw look- you even got the dog's butt in the shot of your Christmas tree :cheese:

By the way- I don't think I said it before, but congrats on the NaNoWriMo!

I also leave you all with this public service message:

Make sure you have a fire extinguisher nearby the tree!

Make sure that the extinguisher is an A, B, and C type (the C is what is important as that is for electrical fires!)

More or less we do. My mom in particular enjoys putting up decorations as a tradition. This year we got a bunch of new LED's with big sort of old fashioned bulbs though so I think things look the best they've ever had (course we also did a ton of landscaping over the summer which you can't really see in the dark but for me in makes everything look so much nicer. But the tree looks that nice every year. And the real shocker is that it's a fake. That's my mom, she makes that thing look good!

Thanks for all the compliments guys, it took a whole weekend to put it up so it's nice that people seem to like it. And thanks Acefox for the congrats. Really proud of getting that done, I do wish the coupon I was supposed to get yesterday for finishing would freaking get here already though. I know I did it for the glory but 50% the best writing software I have ever had the pleasure of using was a big incentive too.

OHMYGOD I FINALLY GOT MY PINK CHRISTMAS TREE IT IS SO PRETTY I LOVE IT SO MUCH I KEPP LEAVING MY ROOM AND COMING BACK IN AND BEING ALL ":O" BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT

SAM_1334.jpg

aaaaaa

And now all my christmas shopping's done and I'm like so excited for everyone to see the presents i got them like i don't even care if i don't get any presents rn and since i don't have any more shopping to do i can just chill and drink hot chocolate and watch princess movies and stare at my tree and maybe like make a gingerbread house ive never made a gingerbread house but maybe i'll go for it idk this is like the best month

Well, I'm glad you got the tree, Insanity. It looks like it's on fire!

I never made a gingerbread house before but that sounds like fun! Be sure to post pics if you make one!

Was at a friend's holiday party this weekend for a buddy I haven't seen in about 5 years. Turns out he's like the Great Gatsby now- every year for Christmas he throws a huge party where he single handedly decorates the entire house and cooks up a huge delicious feast (his wife said he does everything himself!). And my lord he made the most awesome tasting ham with his own gravy sauce. Really made me feel like a lazy bum :I

Has everyone been good so Krampus won't drag you down to hell?

Reminds me of this (very much worth listening to, David Sedaris recounting the Dutch Christmas story)

That is one fabulous tree, Insanity Fair.

We just put our decorations up today and I still have no idea to to buy anyone! whooo. I might buy some people Steam gifts I guess, although I have run out of people to buy Psychonauts for since literally all my real-life friends with Steam accounts have acquired a copy from me at some point down the line.

There. Christmas avatar. There's a tree in it, and Snake's hat has Christmas colors.

Got a christmas av finally its perfect its sailor moon guys omgggg

And im making a gingerbread house this weekend with my nephew and it'll be fun and im done with all my christmas shopping finally for real now and i got like festive red and green nachos u guys and gingerbread scentsy candle makin the whole house smell delicious and im bout to watch the POWERPUFF GIRLS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL and a bunch of disney movies and i bought these reallyreally cute dresses for christmas parties and they're really cute and i cant wait for everyone to compliment them and iTS ONLY LIKE 8 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS U GUYS IM SO EXCITED IM READY FOR IT TO BE CHRISTMAS LIKE TODAY OMGGGGGGGGGGG

"Tampax replaced the string on their tampons with tinsel. Better buy it quick as it's only available for the Christmas period!"

Just finished wrapping up my girlfriend's presents. I used about 5 boxes, putting them into each other with presents on 3 of the layers. Added some stones to make it seem more heavy. Inside there's some little dogtag thingy with her name on it, a CD she wished to own and some miniature of a gaming character. There's also a christmas card on top saying "Boxception". Can't wait to watch her unwrap this stuff.

img1999nt.jpg

That's interesting paper for Christmas, but i like it. My mom gets a empty box of her favorite sweets, but i've eaten it all and put a BluRay in it, hidden it under a fake bottom, going to be fun. (She's also getting a full box of said sweets.)

My GF is getting the Lonely Island CDs in a box strapped in front of my general chunk-region. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhwbxEfy7fg

Vic:

+1 instant cool for that epic beard.

I even mentioned my plans before. I really need to keep better track of the stuff i say. No need to dump the same garbage twice, right?!

Izzy:

Not me, i love christmas-kitsch, and everyone loves green! :D Well, i hope she enjoys her gift (i know i would), i personally love it when people do something a little different with their packaging, in a way it shows though, which is also very nice.

Well, I sure hope she does! I spent over a month looking for one final piece of the present :-P Got more and more worried each day because I couldn't think of what she would like.

Your present sounds pretty cool, too! In fact, I witnessed something similiar today, but it was the box of some old, crappy video game that person hated and inside was some other game she loved :lol:

So, what are you guys going to have for christmas dinner?

Goose. You probably know goose, but in other countries it's apparently unheard of to eat goose. The other day of Christmas i probably have baked carp, which is huge here. A friend in the US told me that carp is a trash-fish there. Well, i love it, it's one of my favorite foods.

sommertour-karpfen-aischgrund-100~_v-image853_-7ce44e292721619ab1c1077f6f262a89f55266d7.jpg?version=1346336946086

Looking at this literally makes me hungry. All those different flavors and textures, the potato-chip-crunchy fins, the fatty and salty skin, the tender and nutty filet part, the very firm cheeks in it's head. If it's done well, it's a very exciting but simple dish. <3

Things I hate about Christmas:

Christmas music, it's kind of like cancer minus the redeeming qualities like population control

Religious overtones/undertones because I really don't want to hear about anyones religion no matter what it is or what time of year it is

People that I have a functional distaste/avoidance for being nice to me because "it's the season" because I hate everybody

Snow- perhaps most of all, why do people think it looks nice? I like variety when I look outside, and colors and maybe some life would be good too. Plus it's wet and uncomfortable.

Cold

Consumerism: because the only way to celebrate Jesus is to buy things!

Santa hats they're not even kewl

Things not being open/services unavailable, even hookers. I know you don't have any family to be with, slut.

Family and spending time with them (immediate as well as extended)

The environmental impacts of annual decorations (including trees) and energy consumed powering lights

Buying things for people

Elves because I'm scared of midgets ok

Getting sexually assulted by ugly people and not being able to prosecute because "you were under missletoe"

Receiving things that I'm never going to use, and socks because I ONLY HAVE 2 FEET AND I CAN'T USE ANOTHER X PAIRS OF SOCKS EVERY GODDAMN YEAR

The recycled jokes that come around every year

Memories

The salvation army or-whatever-charity-they-represent santa clauses that ring bells at you every time you walk by in nyc, because apparently the homeless people aren't obnoxious enough about asking for money

How everyone's so gung-ho about putting up decorations but the people who put them up never want to take them down

Having to act like I care how everyone else's christmas was

Visits from ghosts

Eggnog: it's disgusting eggs are meant to be cooked, yagetit?

Extra crowds everywhere

I hate everybody

Movies: what about this time of year makes shitty puppet-animated movies from the 80s with half-baked plots entertaining?

Mall santas

Santas in general are we glorifying obesity? Think of the impacts on society!

How Christmas only represents the beginning of winter and I'm ready for it to be July again

Getting coal, especially because now I know it's just my mom being cheap

etc etc etc

grumpy-cat-black-friday.jpg

I'm going to spend my Christmas locked in my basement listening to depressive black metal, shooting meth and worshipping satan hoping that it ends asap.