Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bent

Which team's prototype do you think will come closest to the live pitch?

Which team’s prototype do you think will come closest to the live pitch?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which team’s prototype do you think will come closest to the live pitch?

• Hack n’ Slash
    • Spacebase DF-9
    • The White Birch
    • Autonomous
    • Black Lake

I voted for The White Birch in the poll. Hack n Slash and The White Birch have the less ambitious prototype scopes, so I believe they will get close to the pitch.

How well the prototype matches the "original" vision of the pitch largely depends on how the original pitches were interpreted by the one doing the comparing.

I think that some ideas are easier to make a meaningful prototype of than others.

It feels like The White Birch and Hack n’ Slash (maybe Autonomous) are the ones which have the biggest chance of getting some stuff ready that will work more like a demo of a finished game while the others could have a harder time getting their ideas across with only a 2 week prototype. Lets wait and see what features each teams chooses to prioritise.

I'm hoping every prototype will make the strengths of their respective ideas shine through.

I voted for Autonomous, that is team with big chance to do what they want and rather close to how they pitched it.

Next would be The White Birch – target is small enough, and things have been thought trough good, so no worry there.

3rd place to Hack n’ Slash, They will do what they have planned, but for big group of people that will be not what they expected, will not be as fun as they assume. And there could be a lot of slowing down problem in the process.

4th Spacebase DF-9 – They will probably make a very good prototype, but a bit smaller than pitched (in content sense) And they need to decide fast on best AI system, so they don’t need to change that in progress.

5th Black Lake (in no way meaning it will fail) Will make good enjoyable prototype, but it may go somewhere different from what was pitched, in a very good way.

How well the prototype matches the "original" vision of the pitch largely depends on how the original pitches were interpreted by the one doing the comparing.

This poll is more about the teams and peoples' perception of them. What is it about a team that inspires confidence? Is it team size? Is it technical skill? The amount of Brad Muir? Perhaps it's something about the team lead that affects opinion. Is it his eloquence? His passion? The conciseness of his live pitch? The size of his beard?

Amnesia Fortnight is more than a story about games. It is also about people. How they got to be in the position they're in and how they affect the process of game creation.

I think Autonomous. The pitch included a lot of detail about the mechanics. A lot of thought had obviously been put into how the game would work. The other pitches were far less detailed.

Sign in to follow this