Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spacebug

Which pitches that didn't make it are you most disappointed about?

For me, it was Black Lake. I was amazed at the concept and the nightmarish imaginery that (I hoped) would have been included in the game.

But I got 2 out of 4 in the final list: White Birch and Autonomous. So a good deal after all.

The other one that was left behind (too far behind, actually) was Zumbi Chained. I loved the idea of a coop game in which real and smart cooperation would be a must. While I did not keep my hopes high for long, I had to give this interesting concept a thumb up.

For me, it was Black Lake. I was amazed at the concept and the nightmarish imaginery that (I hoped) would have been included in the game.

But I got 2 out of 4 in the final list: White Birch and Autonomous. So a good deal after all.

The other one that was left behind (too far behind, actually) was Zumbi Chained. I loved the idea of a coop game in which real and smart cooperation would be a must. While I did not keep my hopes high for long, I had to give this interesting concept a thumb up.

???

But Black Lake is being made. I'm confused.

Echelon and The Flock of course, but from higher voted - Bragging and Fighting.

But Black Lake is being made. I’m confused.

I think he will have happy surprise :)

I voted for 7 games. The ones that didn't make it were Flopulous, Bad Golf, and Silent But Deadly.

I'm not disappointed, because I did not expect those games to do well in a double-fine market. I'm a pretty patient person though and I don't think the people who made the pitches will stop trying to get their games made. I'll be waiting for when that does happen and so will others.

???

But Black Lake is being made. I'm confused.

Man, that's fantastic! For some reason, I thought only 4 projects were being chosen, and being Black Lake the fifth on the list, I thought it was out.

Freaking awesome news!!

Bragging & Fighting! I really wanted to play that one. Bad Golf was probably my other favorite that didn't make it. All the concepts were pretty great though.

Kaiju Piledriver, because I love the film genre it comes from. I also wish Redbot got some love since the character and Oliver are awesome. Also as a programmer I like the idea of using programming as the controls for a platformer.

Sign in to follow this