Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Lee

Autonomous Screen Shots

I suddenly, by myself, became convinced that the player character is wearing goggles.

I suddenly, by myself, became convinced that the player character is wearing goggles.

Not goggles! It would have to be some kind of 80s-esque VR headset.

sega_vr.jpg

It's shaping up to look very Tron! Not the direction I thought it was going to go (I originally imagined something a little more cyberpunky) but I'm not complaining, because it still looks rad.

It's fully dynamic, so no baked data! :-)

Has any other game done this sci-fi effect before?? I don't think so. This is so innovative and looks very cool!

In my opinion you are way beyond competition with the other prototypes.

In fact i think Autonomous and The Cave are the best games created by Double Fine so far.

It's fully dynamic, so no baked data! :-)

Has any other game done this sci-fi effect before?? I don't think so. This is so innovative and looks very cool!

In my opinion you are way beyond competition with the other prototypes.

In fact i think Autonomous and The Cave are the best games created by Double Fine so far.

Not that I like to rain on parades, but I feel like it's advisable to rate games as "the best ever" only after you've actually played them. And Autonomous is only a prototype, so calling it the best game DF ever made is kinda like saying DF's other games aren't as fun as prototypes? Which is a weird thing to say.

But I have no doubt The Cave is gonna be sweeeeeet, and Autonomous definitely *looks* pretty bad ass.

great work, never would have thought this was possible in ten days.

seen some gameplay on stream, eager to play it!

i just wanted to ask if you tried a bolder font in UI rather than drop shadow and emboss.

such nit-picking of me, but thought it would go much better with the visual style

Can anyone tell me how they managed to make the edges of objects glow?

Is this a custom shader (the wire shader that Lee mentions?)

Is the glow / light of the edges dynamic or baked into the texture?

This article may be of some help!

Some screenshots I took in 2560x1440:

http://www.abload.de/img/auto2012-12-1500-09-4uljoy.png

http://www.abload.de/img/auto2012-12-1500-10-441k7r.png

http://www.abload.de/img/auto2012-12-1500-11-1jsj07.png

It looks gooooooooooooood. The style looks really great, especially in high resolution. It sounds silly considering it was only made in 2 weeks, but I think this has one of the best visual styles of all the games I've played this year.

Sign in to follow this