• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Daily End-O-Day Black Lake Screenshot!

Day 1 - Wednesday 11/28: It starts!

New stuff: Overhead camera, player character (Pizza box man!), a basic npc (another Pizza box man!), a world terrain, trees, and fog

Calling it a day at 12:47 PM? I like those hours.

This was from yesterday. I'll post a new one tonight!

It's pretty amazing what you can put together in 1 day if you have the right tools. And a bunch of really talented people.

End of Day 2 11/29:

New stuff - moving projected tree shadows, ambient vfx, npc crows, mouse support with in-world cursor and camera movement, clue system setup (that second pizza box man is a clue stand-in with a scent trail coming off him)

day_2.jpg

day_2.jpg.dc10134eb2cbdc65ec113f55d5d30d

End of Day 2 11/29:

New stuff - moving projected tree shadows, ambient vfx, npc crows, mouse support with in-world cursor and camera movement, clue system setup (that second pizza box man is a clue stand-in with a scent trail coming off him)

Ooh, is that fog/mist I see up and running back there? *thumbs up*

hey levi i really like the idea of movement with the mouse and the mouse being that light. It could be a cool point and click with action and movement and real gameplay! wow! But if you're not into the point and click idea thats cool too, it looks awesome hope today was great so the weekend flys by and picks right back up monday

Moving right along! *golf clap*

Enjoying the screens, Levi.

Pretty forest-y already! So far The White Birch and Black Lake have still something in common: the Pizza Box Man! ;)

Hey! Got too excited and ended up working through the weekend. This is in process initial Climate and lighing work. I'm trying to get the Values looking good then we'll bring other colors back into the forest. Exciting!

SundayWorkA.jpg

SundayWorkB.jpg

SundayWorkC.jpg

SundayWorkA.jpg.42e2df9b421085e11da788bf

SundayWorkB.jpg.27016eafc3cd6480bf22fd83

SundayWorkC.jpg.54eb7e8b3d0703ee7962af46

That looks mega cool, Levi. Were you at the office? If so, be honest, how many other people were there working? If my job were making crazy sick computer games, I'd be there on weekends too!

That looks mega cool, Levi. Were you at the office? If so, be honest, how many other people were there working? If my job were making crazy sick computer games, I'd be there on weekends too!

I still am! Lets see? Maybe about 7 people here right now, including the 2 Player dudes in their cozy corner Editing awesome movies.

Attn. Tim Schaefer: The shortlist for December's Employee of the Month is now available. ...are the 2 Player guys eligible?

I'm really excited now to tune in tomorrow. I'm sure a bunch of progress has been made over the weekend. By viewers too, actually, now that we don't have a livestream distracting us all day.

Part of me thinks of the stress of working too many weekends, but the thrill of coming into a quiet office knowing that there will be no meetings or other non-nose-to-the-grindstone tasks is worth it.

Definitely looking forward to the progress updates during tomorrow's videos/meetings.

Day 4! Monday 12/2

Girl is in! Not textured though. You can also see some new lighting and test vfx. On other fronts, you can play accordion sounds now, the world is coming along nicely, and we have some really cool dynamic bramble tech cooking.

day_4.jpg

day_4.jpg.b1dcb6d1fec2c34c3332083d39ef2d

It's really impressive on how much these screen shots are progressing everyday. If the team is able to keep this up for another week and a half I can't imagine what the prototype will look like. I'm looking forward to busting out my accordion in the forest.

Day 5!

Awesome, no more pizza boxes or weird colored creatures.

Oooo you have a model for the player now, is there a part of the livestream that has any of the work on that?

Oh maaaan. I am so pumped to track down dream animals and animal dreams and avoid scary creatures in the awesomest woods. Black Lake's bringin' the A game. If I were another AF prototype, I'd wanna hang out with Black Lake.

Sign in to follow this