Sign in to follow this  
DF_John

Daily End-O-Day Black Lake Screenshot!

Environment is lookin' haaaaaawt for real! I love how dark and foggy it is.

You beat the game?! That must mean the game is done and BL is the first team across the finish line. YOU WIN AMNESIA FORTNIGHT, TOO!

I'm going to go ahead and be the first to say it... That was a tainted victory Levi. I know you were using wall hacks and aimbots. I am going to get you so banned from this server. Lern2Play noob!

Day 6! Oh Man! More environment finessing and I Beat the Game!

Looking even more amazing! Great work again!

And leaving even later tonight, eh?

Make sure to pick up a coffee on the way to work tomorrow! ;)

Loving the vibe I'm getting from those last screenshots... it reminds me a little of the dark, marshy areas from Rayman 2. Super atmospheric. Can't wait to see more.

Oh cool, you've got her lantern only giving light in one direction! I think...unless I'm misinterpreting what I'm seeing.

It always bugs me when I see someone holding a lantern with windows all the way around, and they're trying to see things in the dark with it - they'd just dazzle themselves and see nothing!

Oh cool, you've got her lantern only giving light in one direction! I think...unless I'm misinterpreting what I'm seeing.

It always bugs me when I see someone holding a lantern with windows all the way around, and they're trying to see things in the dark with it - they'd just dazzle themselves and see nothing!

Science!

The environment reminds me of Darkroot Garden from Dark Souls.

haha yeah, i agree.

misty and mysterious

Doh, she definitely has the bad kind of lamp in that second screenshot...but the shadows are pretty cool!

Oh wow! So does the "fish effect" in the second screenshot sort of represent how dreams will manifest?

Day 8 Shots for you gals and guys! It's starting to get crazy.

Another full day, I see. Loving this project, and really hope it catches some traction for something beyond Amnesia Fortnight.

Loving the look! New effects look slick.

I miss the giant bubbles...

Awesome stuff! Really coming together.

I miss the giant bubbles...

Awesome stuff! Really coming together.

I liked the bubbles too! But they would get in the way of gameplay :)

Here are some screens from last night - the final day of development!

Relatively spoiler free, but if you want to experience the game totally fresh, wait til you can download it later this week!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg.8f8079ba8a2335b8df3974d35f06bea0.j

2.jpg.237c9826605c4c2ac486823fdde088cf.j

3.jpg.14957e3a136dcb5aaedcba6d067253ce.j

That looks REALLY polished for only two weeks work. You guys did such a fantastic job on this game. :)

Couldn't finish during the 20-minute game festival slot, so I went back in and saw the second half, Levi!

Amazing! That stuff with the fish and the stuff and all the things in the end with the stuff and the fish? Awesome.

Looks beautiful. I can't wait to see\play the rest of the prototype. While watching you guys traverse the environment, and hearing some feedback on the live feed from other DFers, I was thinking how cool it would be if it were a huge open environment that you were lost in, and maybe had to interact more with the environment by collecting leaves\herbs\flowers\fruits\etc and 'crafting' scents, foods and so on, for various purposes such as puzzle solving and survival. I think the environment itself would become more of a character in the player's mind if they were interacting with it more intimately like that. Having to find safe places to camp\cook\craft could be fun too, as would adventurey elements and meeting characters who are going about their own mysterious business in the world.

Couldn't finish during the 20-minute game festival slot, so I went back in and saw the second half, Levi!

Amazing! That stuff with the fish and the stuff and all the things in the end with the stuff and the fish? Awesome.

Ha Ha!

That's a relief it doesn't take just 5 mins to get through the Proto. :)

Thanks Tim!

Levi,

I was semi skeptical about this game from the pitch, but I still gave it a vote since it sounded like it could be something cool. Watching the development over the last two weeks, but especially some of the playthrough on the Live Stream, really won me over. It definitely seems like a game right in Double Fine's wheelhouse, so kudos to you and your team's hardwork!

Smiles

I love how Black Lake has my favorite feature of games like Morrowind: Being able to pause the main quest and go explore the world. And that exploring can be just as fun and rewarding as following the main quest. I love playing games like that so I'm very excited to play Black Lake!

Levi,

I was semi skeptical about this game from the pitch, but I still gave it a vote since it sounded like it could be something cool. Watching the development over the last two weeks, but especially some of the playthrough on the Live Stream, really won me over. It definitely seems like a game right in Double Fine's wheelhouse, so kudos to you and your team's hardwork!

Smiles

THANKS!

On the contrary I was a bit sad when Black LAke didn't made it into the top 4 initially since its the one I'm most interested to play.I bought in the bundle anyway.So I was very happy when it got included.Definitely a job well done for a 2 week prototype.Basing from what I saw on the livestream it is how I thought it would be from the pitch,I especially love the Mizayaki-esque feel Oh and also the tree with a beard reference to Andy? = win.Well what more can I say congrats to Team Black Lake and Im looking forward to trying it out soon.

Under no circumstances would I ever assume these fantastic screenshots were from a 2 week prototype. Looks great!

Sign in to follow this