• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Raide

Ray Harryhausen: The Game.

Love the look of Brazen but I am wondering if we will get some Skeletons popping out of the ground? Such an iconic moment for me and it seem like another great nod to those awesome films.

JasonArgonauts.jpg

I've seen Brad mention the potential for smaller minion creatures that help out the bigger ones. He said specifically that they were thinking about a skeletal dragon that dropped skeletons from its rib cage!

That is exactly right! I don't want to have a lot of "fodder" enemies, but integrating minions into the larger Creatures sure sounds awesome.

Also - this badass skeletal Creature will NOT be a dragon, because dragons are played out! :D

That's right, Mr. Dovahkiin. I'm looking at you. Oh and you, over there in the corner! Mr. R R Martin. Yeah, it's your fault too!

No dragons. :D!

It would be fun to see Skeleton enemies that get busted apart and then they just pick up the nearest part and rebuild themselves. Maybe a fun way to keep the combat diverse by giving them different combat phases for the bits they find.

Or just some kind of larger skeletal monster that has all the baby ones on its back. :D

So many good ideas for skeletons! :D!

I am stoked to have awesome skeletal monsters for battling. It's the Ultimate Tribute to Mr. Harryhausen. :D!

Also I forgot to mention that when I first looked at that still you posted I thought the skeleton on the far right was wearing a Slash-style top hat. :D!

Also I forgot to mention that when I first looked at that still you posted I thought the skeleton on the far right was wearing a Slash-style top hat. :D!

Haha. Now you have to make one of them pop out of the ground randomly with that hat.

For whatever reason, this reminds me of Army of Darkness.

That's because Army of Darkenss' stop motion skeleton sword fighting was hugely inspired by Harryhausen films.

Sign in to follow this