Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Raz

ENVIRONMENT

here's that concept i did in the very beginning. just to give me some idea of what to draw and get in the groove. i based it on a zelda screenshot.

here's me drawing some trees and whatnot. i'm liking the angular style. it might change down the line, but i'm gonna use this as a base and get more detail into them.

stuff.jpg

stuff.jpg.e8ed08d129048a49fab9e0b0a72030

my plan with these trees is to make variations on them so the forest will look wickid and not boring. hopefully it'll work out. the plan is to stagger them one on top of each other and hope for the best.

stuff2.jpg

stuff2.jpg.9f6854387616004a4f6afe413c9b2

....and hope for the best.

These kinds of plans never ever go wrong. I SUPPORT YOU FULLY.

here's some environment set pieces. i'm starting to think this is gonna look pretty cool.

tile stuff1.jpg

578d002899db5_tilestuff1.jpg.a8ae59505fa

Raz these are SO GOOD. I've been so wrapped up in the White Birch and it's awesome to check up on the other games and be blown away.

I'll admit I was worried that the art style was too similar to Braid's when I first saw you working on it (I might be in a minority of people who think Braid actually looks sort of ugly) but it's growing on me. I think the perspective is really perfect for giving you that nostalgic Nintendo-action/RPG sort of feeling. Can't wait to see more!

Great work! That style looks really good. Evocative of the old Zelda games but looks really modern and stylish.

I absolutely love the art style I'm seeing so far. "Hack 'N Slash" was already the prototype in development that I was the very most excited about, but after taking a look at the direction the game is headed, I'm even more excited.

(There should be a Hack 'N Slash item of some sort on the DF store - I picture something like a t-shirt that says "it's dangerous to go alone, take this!" and shows a picture of some in-game hacking-related tool.)

There should be a Hack 'N Slash item of some sort on the DF store - I picture something like a t-shirt that says "it's dangerous to go alone, take this!" and shows a picture of some in-game hacking-related tool.
Here is my quick and dirty (copyright infringing if it were real merch) concept.

Wjj2h.png

here's some castle tiles. they're not nearly up to the standard i usually set myself, but i'm seeing how quickly the end of AF is approaching and i need to get these in a.s.a.p.

castle tiles.jpg

578d00293e587_castletiles.jpg.3d9bd423a1

I love the art! =-) ...but the flowers still look to straight and orderly to me. The colors, character, trees, rocks, etc... look great! Beautiful! =-D

Any chance of you releasing all the game tiles for people to play with (I love just mucking about in gamemaker and designing stupid platform levels) and these tiles look sooo awesome. You could always tell people to credit DF if they make anything with them.

Sign in to follow this