Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Drem

Physical bundle for ps3-xbox360

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my bad english, I'm from France ... I hope that you will be able to read me anyway :)

I just want to ask Double Fine if they where thinking about making a physical version of their games like Costume Quest/Stacking/The Cave for the Ps3 and for the Xbox 360.

I really like to hold in my hand a physical copy of the games that I love, and a bundle with these awesome games should be great, just like the Journey collector's edition for Ps3.

Thanks for the answer !

Well I think Costume Quest and Stacking could be boxed together since they have the same publisher (THQ). The Cave is published by Sega though, so unless they can reach some kind of agreement, it probably won't happen.

Your English is pretty good by the way.

Well, I think it's going to be hard for THQ to make a boxed versions of these games, because they are in a really critical financial state ... Do you think that Double Fine have the rights to make a physical version with Costume Quest and Stacking ( maybe with Reds too ? ) ?

Hum, according to some people from the internet, Double Fine may buy the rights of Costume Quest and Stacking from THQ. It could possibly be easier to make a boxed version then. So please, if any of you are interested by a boxed version for PS3 or X-box360, please make some noise on this thread, thanks :)

Hum, according to some people from the internet, Double Fine may buy the rights of Costume Quest and Stacking from THQ. It could possibly be easier to make a boxed version then. So please, if any of you are interested by a boxed version for PS3 or X-box360, please make some noise on this thread, thanks :)

Yep. It appears that THQ still has console publishing rights for Costume Quest and Stacking, but DF has recently requested THQ's bankruptcy filings, so it seems that DF has interest in getting those console publishing rights back.

There's also a chance that DF has shown interest in THQ going bankrupt because they had an unannounced title in the works with them, but it's unlikely.

As for The Cave, Sega's the publisher. Pretty unlikely that The Cave will be seeing a physical release, at least any time soon.

Sign in to follow this