Sign in to follow this  
DF Levi

Black Lake Art

Since you requested more of my contributions, here's my concepts for lanterns, foxes, and brambles.

No! Bad lamps! Those are room-illuminating lamps, not showing you where you're going lamps!

You want a lamp like one of these!

:)

You don't like my lanterns?

1112154_o.gif

d'awwwwwww! Who's a pretty lantern? Yes you are!

*pets lanterns* *tickles lanterns*

See, now Allison posts some more awesome stuff proving that a

"The Art of Black Lake" needs to be the next designed book for Double Fine.

Find a publisher or just make a PDF version.

I mean once Lee is done making that DFA book he's going to be bored anyway.

To make Lee happy... it can just be an "The Art of Amnesia Fortnight 2012" PDF.

We're getting a soundtrack, super satisfy us!

Since you requested more of my contributions, here's my concepts for lanterns, foxes, and brambles.

No! Bad lamps! Those are room-illuminating lamps, not showing you where you're going lamps!

1112154_o.gif

tumblr_ldn5o7Z9o21qfy0g6o1_500.gif

Art is pretty cool. Allison's foxes remind me a bit of Okami...

Same! It's the eyes, I think.

The stretching pose is utterly adorable, by the way.

And I love your lamp concepts, Allison. The gold-coloured lamp looks a lot like the one I have hanging over the porch.

Instead, you just tend to see like this:

http://www.eauk.org/culture/friday-night-theology/images/Light_shining1.JPG

I personally think it's a technical point and doesn't much matter in a fantasy game, although it is true.

Thanks for the explanation, and yeah you're right. :) I get bugged by silly little things :)

*gives Alison a lollipop* :) I do like your designs, I just can't help thinking about practical applications!

Sounds like there are a lot of fox lovers here! There aren't any foxes where I live, I'd love to see some IRL. I used to read books all the time about kids who find and raise fox pups. So cuuute ^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domesticated_silver_fox <- these make me kind of want to move to Russia :D

1112154_o.gif

6BN1C.jpg

1112154_o.gif

6BN1C.jpg

Oh man... this whole sequence made me laugh so hard... points to all involved. :)

Here's the style guide for art direction in our forest. Art takes a long time, Sometimes it;s just easier to put all of your reference art together like this and color correct it so the mood fits!

ForestStyleGuideA.jpg

ForestStyleGuideA.jpg.4bc0a2ab5af2cbf6d1

Half an hour till is downloaded.

I hate my internet connection :S

EDIT: 1 Day now, seems like my torrent prefers to download the white birch xD

I'm so happy this game could be made, it seems one of the most risky projects.

Happy Prototype day!

Some High Rez Art for you. I'll get the other artists to put stuff up too.

BlackLake_Dream_Ryken.jpg

BlackLake_FoxOrtho_Ryken.jpg

BlackLke_TaliaModel_Pedersen.jpg

BlackLake_Dream_Ryken.jpg.e76e4d43aabd14

BlackLake_FoxOrtho_Ryken.jpg.a25424bdb43

BlackLke_TaliaModel_Pedersen.jpg.fbcfece

Thank you Levi.

Hi_res images are just as good, nice as an Art book.

When/If I ever get myself to SF, I owe you a drink or a drawing or both and more.

Very cool - this was, by far, my favorite out of all the AF prototypes.

I caught a glimpse of the concept art (attached, screenshot taken from the end of 'episode 2') of the main character and thought it was interesting, seeing the main character with her eyes closed - almost as if she is in a waking dream. I can imagine a scenario, taking this idea a little further, in which you play the game with the main character's eyes closed (on the 3D-model - it's a noticeable, yet subtle detail) and I can imagine a scene towards the end in which you see her with her eyes open, after she's overcome this 'dream' and fought the demons. It would make for an interesting twist - playing the game immersed in a dream that seems so real, only to find out at the end she's been dreaming the entire time, waking to her father (maybe he wakes her upon his return from a hunting trip) and realizing everything is OK, at the end.

Just some thoughts, take it for what its worth.

Anyway, I really like the beauty and simplicity of the colors (BlackLake_Rocks_Johnstone.jpg and BlackLake_Plants_Johnstone.jpg) - I realize that the prototype didn't have enough time to perfectly translate this style into 3D, so I hope the end game doesn't fall into the trap of using default engine lighting/etc, but modifies it like crazy (maybe brining some entirely new effects to the game scene) - to retain the simple, yet elegant style it seems you are aiming for :P

amnesia_fortnight_daily_wrap_up_day_02.jpg

amnesia_fortnight_daily_wrap_up_day_02.j

Due to a lack of time and being on OS X primary i wasn't able to give the prototypes a try yet but thanks for sharing some art of the game. "BlackLake/Day2.jpg" is a wonderful desktop background image replacement (bye bye sombrero galaxy).

Sign in to follow this