• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
yuenkay

The Environment Day 4

I love weekends. The down side is, when I come back in on Monday, I kind of have to resoak myself in this stuff and it seems to take kind of a long time for me to feel like I can get a good grip on what I'm doing and then move forward.

The cameras in the interior space still needs to be authored (the tech is now sort of in, but the cameras are not actually authored) so I'm working on the outside. Shao Wei painted some awesome trees so i spent a good part of the day implementing them as part of the actual world (taking out the previous christmas tree ring I stole from the cave).

Then Derek whipped up a sketch for the exterior of the tower, so I got to it. Andy did a few quick texture tests before so I just plopped it onto the tower to see if we like the level of detail or not...

This is part of the process where things could get uglier, before it gets prettier. It's rather easy to sort of make everything "amorphous and atmospheric" if you have a few cubes and literally no detail. ;) But now when the details start to get in, then colors and what not start to get out of wack, detail and scale gets out of wack and it isn't until everything gets in, and then you have time to color correct and adjust everything before they all sing together instead of being slightly jarring. Kind of like adolescence I suppose. Think of this being the time when little cute chicks are growing those horrifying sword like feather spikes things, before they get to be a real chicken. Horrifying sword like feather spikes is where we're at! Teenage chicken time.

Enjoy! I'm going to go home and eat a lasagna.

Getting extreme Ico vibes from both of those images. The girl has that Yorda-glow going on, love how it makes her stand out a bit against the surroundings. And those vines... and the tower... I so hope this will get a chance to be made into a full game some day! Your updates are very much appreciated, it's really cool to get info straight from the game designers like this.

That looked much darker and more....what´s the word......eerie (?) then I expected, but it do look really good. Impressive work. :)

These look fantastic, all the graphics are looking much more complete than I expected for a prototype.

I'm getting a nice Dark Tower vibe from that tower. Good stuff.

Sign in to follow this