Sign in to follow this  
Kee Chi

Gameplay Feedback

I installed the update. Overall, it's not slowing down as much/as often but, I'm still being forced back to the homescreen pretty randomly. I've got no other apps running in the background.

:( Yeah, we're still working on that particular issue. How's the rest of the game. Everything look as it should?

I installed the update. Overall, it's not slowing down as much/as often but, I'm still being forced back to the homescreen pretty randomly. I've got no other apps running in the background.

:( Yeah, we're still working on that particular issue. How's the rest of the game. Everything look as it should?

yeah, it's definitely smoother/faster than it was before :D Definitely a step in the right direction :D

ok. suggestions/issues:

- the forums arent iphone/ipad friendly. they are ok (I'm on an iPad now) but if you link to it in your game....

- it should be made clear at the beginning that if an area on the map is unhappy, it isnt a huge deal. maybe start the game with an unhappy and explain it as "you're herer to make them happy".

- I turned on icloud sync to switch from iphone to ipad, but haf to go through a bunch of the tutorial to get the settings menu to show up. thankfully mmoj detected the newer save in icloud and didnt overwrite it. you should check the icloud on initial run, once, since the tutorial takes over everything.

- the text for the coin copy machine would be better if it talked about supporting double fine. buying in game money feels less....permanent than buying virtual equipment. i guess it is like the difference between getting a gift card or an actual gift as a present. ok this turned out to be harder to explain than i thought.

- there need to be a better notifications. eg heros fighting in the backgroud, i never know when they are done. ditto for collecting coins. id also like to know when anyone is idle.

well, that's all for the moment.

ciao!

more:

- when starting battles. the hero selection acreen is annoying because you have to scroll. maybe hav an "add all" button?

- collecting coins on map screen is annoying. do the speech bubbles change size? its annoying to have variable sized touch targets.

Hey guys, wanted to say that I downloaded this yesterday and I'm really, really enjoying it! The writing is great and the art really gives off that comic book-kinda vibe. So yeah, good work with all that!

My only issue so far (and it's kinda a big one) is that I played for a couple of hours last night, enough that I was just able to buy every room in the base, but then my battery died in the middle of a fight. I charged my iPod overnight, but booting it this morning reveals that my save is completely gone, and it keeps prompting me to start from scratch. I mean, I probably will if I have to, but it's pretty sucky. :(

Hey guys, wanted to say that I downloaded this yesterday and I'm really, really enjoying it! The writing is great and the art really gives off that comic book-kinda vibe. So yeah, good work with all that!

My only issue so far (and it's kinda a big one) is that I played for a couple of hours last night, enough that I was just able to buy every room in the base, but then my battery died in the middle of a fight. I charged my iPod overnight, but booting it this morning reveals that my save is completely gone, and it keeps prompting me to start from scratch. I mean, I probably will if I have to, but it's pretty sucky. :(

Oh no!!!! Out of curiosity, how much free disk space do you have on your ipod? Also, please email Support from the game. We'll make sure you have enough currency back so that you can get back to where you were!

Oh no!!!! Out of curiosity, how much free disk space do you have on your ipod? Also, please email Support from the game. We'll make sure you have enough currency back so that you can get back to where you were!

Free disk space is 282MB, which I understand may have been the issue! I shall email away, and thanks for the help! You guys are awesome. :D

I truly enjoy the game and the humor. Is there any kind of push notifications? It would made sense when I left my heros to do some activity and I go away from the game it would notify me when they are ready.

I have not run into any bigger problems, but it seems I have run out of office content. My manager is lvl 9 and I have upgraded all my rooms (six of them) to the max and all equipment to the max. Tough I still have some bosses to kill and heroes to upgrade (they all are lvl 7 atm).

I truly enjoy the game and the humor. Is there any kind of push notifications? It would made sense when I left my heros to do some activity and I go away from the game it would notify me when they are ready.

I have not run into any bigger problems, but it seems I have run out of office content. My manager is lvl 9 and I have upgraded all my rooms (six of them) to the max and all equipment to the max. Tough I still have some bosses to kill and heroes to upgrade (they all are lvl 7 atm).

Yep, keep working on those heroes and the bosses! In upcoming content update we will be upping the level cap and adding more stories! And about push notifications, we'll probably add them in an update!

Loving it so far! Kudos on a fun little game, well worth the price of the coin doubler. Music is awesome, art is endearing, the writing is pretty funny too :)

Here's some feedback:

* Overall the UX is a bit janky. Buttons highlight but don't activate on occasion. They need tapping again to actually do something?

* The list box UX style in general is terribly janky: scroll states unremembered when you go back, taps getting ignored, inconsistent design, tiny cancel boxes, rough kinetic scrolling, etc. It just doesn't feel good.

* The roster select screen makes no sense. Highlights & checkmarks? It often just plain doesn't work either, and when it doesn't there's zero feedback as to why. I'm pretty certain that if I send active heroes to a delegate battle, I can't actually pull in the inactives to work in the base. That seems... broken.

* In general, there's little to no negative feedback, as in explanations for why things aren't operable.

* You could really use a few UI transition anims to go between screens to really make things feel slick. Even if they just slid up and down like cards to replace each other, it'd make everything feel smoother.

That's polish stuff that I feel detracts a lot from the current experience. Aside from that, the smaller things:

* I can see how you needed to limit to 4 heroes at base to prevent the middle of the game from taking 3 minutes on account of having too much staff working in parallel. I'd like to see you instead balance the pressure of needing to keep heroes in action against this though, so that at some point you could plausibly have everyone around for a big office party as a reward.

* Can we delegate the rescue missions please? They're cool to watch now and then, but they're the least interactive, and you quickly hit 100% on them anyway.

* I would like to see some more rewards for, and some more pressure on, our poor long suffering, titular middle manager. How come his office doesn't come with upgrades? Also, can I name him?

* It would be nice to see some inter hero strife to spice things up. Nothing like a little office drama to keep things lively.

* To make office work more relevant, I'd like to see more in game economy. More plates to spin. Fuel for the rapid response jet? Various bits of energy to keep the heroes powered up and buffed: food, batteries, interdimensional syphons, PR appearances. You know, like morale but with different production and different bonuses.

And then big ticket dreaming:

* How about expanding the game with detective minigames? Get clues from the missions that you have to work on at base to unlock the next set of missions. Opens up a whole set of rooms, upgrades, and interactive segments.

* A paperdoll hero creator to roll your own toon.

* Rival agencies!

* Nemeses: tie specific mission chains to heroes rather than locations.

Bottom line: I could keep prattling forever because it turns out I really love the concept and what I've played so far. I really hope you guys run with this long term, but If not, thanks for the fun I've already had!

- focus isn't really explained. Is it the meter for using powers?

- awareness isn't explained. No clue. Brains?

- how to change/select powers isn't explained: tap power in office on character sheet.

- I understand that 4 characters in the office is a limit of memory, but it really makes things awkward.

Re: z-buffer problems/memory. Have you considered pre-rendering the office into one big image and only loading closer objects as characters approach them?

Finished the game in three evenings. Office rooms maxed out, equipment maxed out. Manager at lvl 10, heroes at lvl 9 with maxed abilities. 10K at my bank account and 30 superium left. All bosses down. Now I just wait for more content or some kind of a end game. (Only thing I bought was coin doubler)

Good game overall! Lot's of things to do and manager theme was just superb. Just was hoping more content on F2P game :)

Loving it so far! Kudos on a fun little game, well worth the price of the coin doubler. Music is awesome, art is endearing, the writing is pretty funny too :)

Here's some feedback:

* Overall the UX is a bit janky. Buttons highlight but don't activate on occasion. They need tapping again to actually do something?

* The list box UX style in general is terribly janky: scroll states unremembered when you go back, taps getting ignored, inconsistent design, tiny cancel boxes, rough kinetic scrolling, etc. It just doesn't feel good.

* The roster select screen makes no sense. Highlights & checkmarks? It often just plain doesn't work either, and when it doesn't there's zero feedback as to why. I'm pretty certain that if I send active heroes to a delegate battle, I can't actually pull in the inactives to work in the base. That seems... broken.

* In general, there's little to no negative feedback, as in explanations for why things aren't operable.

* You could really use a few UI transition anims to go between screens to really make things feel slick. Even if they just slid up and down like cards to replace each other, it'd make everything feel smoother.

That's polish stuff that I feel detracts a lot from the current experience. Aside from that, the smaller things:

* I can see how you needed to limit to 4 heroes at base to prevent the middle of the game from taking 3 minutes on account of having too much staff working in parallel. I'd like to see you instead balance the pressure of needing to keep heroes in action against this though, so that at some point you could plausibly have everyone around for a big office party as a reward.

* Can we delegate the rescue missions please? They're cool to watch now and then, but they're the least interactive, and you quickly hit 100% on them anyway.

* I would like to see some more rewards for, and some more pressure on, our poor long suffering, titular middle manager. How come his office doesn't come with upgrades? Also, can I name him?

* It would be nice to see some inter hero strife to spice things up. Nothing like a little office drama to keep things lively.

* To make office work more relevant, I'd like to see more in game economy. More plates to spin. Fuel for the rapid response jet? Various bits of energy to keep the heroes powered up and buffed: food, batteries, interdimensional syphons, PR appearances. You know, like morale but with different production and different bonuses.

And then big ticket dreaming:

* How about expanding the game with detective minigames? Get clues from the missions that you have to work on at base to unlock the next set of missions. Opens up a whole set of rooms, upgrades, and interactive segments.

* A paperdoll hero creator to roll your own toon.

* Rival agencies!

* Nemeses: tie specific mission chains to heroes rather than locations.

Bottom line: I could keep prattling forever because it turns out I really love the concept and what I've played so far. I really hope you guys run with this long term, but If not, thanks for the fun I've already had!

Thanks for the feedback!

- Yep, we are going to continue to refine the UI. Expect more spit and polish in the coming updates!

- Delegating the rescue events is something I have thought about. Hmm...

- Middle Manager and office upgrades are definitely being thought of right now! :D

- The econ and office drama are great ideas!

- I love those big ticket items too! And love getting the feedback from you guys. We want to run with this game as long as we can and to incorporate the ideas from the fans as much as we can. It's very exciting to think of this! Thanks for playing and thanks for your feedback!

- focus isn't really explained. Is it the meter for using powers?

- awareness isn't explained. No clue. Brains?

- how to change/select powers isn't explained: tap power in office on character sheet.

- I understand that 4 characters in the office is a limit of memory, but it really makes things awkward.

Re: z-buffer problems/memory. Have you considered pre-rendering the office into one big image and only loading closer objects as characters approach them?

- re:Audio, yeah, we're looking into how we can not mute the other music right now.

- If you click on the question mark on the scheduler it should show you what the stats mean, and yes awareness is brains (it's the internal term for the variable in the code, it must've gotten out to the text!)

- And you can also tap on the power in the pre fight screen, but definitely could use more explaining.

- A agree re:4 heroes. We're going to see if we can scrap together more memory in the future.

- Interesting suggestions about memory. It's a bit tough since this isn't a one character centric game. You will end up panning the camera around a lot, but we will try to come up with clever ways to save memory somehow. Hmm.

Thanks for the feedback!

Finished the game in three evenings. Office rooms maxed out, equipment maxed out. Manager at lvl 10, heroes at lvl 9 with maxed abilities. 10K at my bank account and 30 superium left. All bosses down. Now I just wait for more content or some kind of a end game. (Only thing I bought was coin doubler)

Good game overall! Lot's of things to do and manager theme was just superb. Just was hoping more content on F2P game :)

Yeah, I'm glad so many people were enjoying the game enough to play it in straight sessions! There is additional content coming in January and we will have frequent content updates after that! So stay tuned!

Typo during cloning boss level. Galaxy girl said "is that is the cloning machine..."

Also: the news paper at the says "city prison converted to veritable" there is no noun at the end. This on iphone5

- Interesting suggestions about memory. It's a bit tough since this isn't a one character centric game. You will end up panning the camera around a lot, but we will try to come up with clever ways to save memory somehow. Hmm.

I'm assuming you're doing 2d graphics, not 3d. It work something like this:

- Create a copy of the office with no characters. Call this the background. It should have all beds, etc. in place.

- Calculate (or pre-calculate) any over-hangs on objects (e.g. the top and left sides of the bed, the computer monitors, etc.) Put those on a transparent image. Call this the foreground.

- All characters walk in the middle-ground.

- Make sure all pathing areas do not include walking close (under) walls. This makes the UI easier (you can find/tap characters easier) as well as making it unnecessary to z-index the walls.

- You then end up with two solid images for foreground and background that won't change (except when people level things up) and a middle-ground where characters roam. You can use the view-port to decide when to render a character.

Alternatively, you can use 3d to this, but then you have other things that cost memory and cpu. Which can be tricky.

If you look at Simpson's Tapped Out on an iPad with lots and lots of buildings, you can catch it removing and rendering things as they get to the edge of the screen. That makes me think they only render what's on screen at the moment. That can be done too, but you have to carefully keep track of *everything* independently of the view-screen. It's do-able, as well.

Ciao!

My kids are enjoying the game as much as I, which leads me to ask for multiple saved games on one device. Right now, I'm deleting and reloading the whole game whenever a different one of my (3-6 yr old) children wants to play.

Loving the game so far, but please, please, PLEASE let us play other music in the background and not have the MMoJ music override any other music on the device - I kept wanting to play the game while listening to this week's Giant Bombcast (Brad and crew talked about the game, which led to me downloading it!), but the Bombcast kept pausing when I went into the game, even after I turned off all music and SFX in the game. I'm sure the music is wonderful in the game, but I like multitasking and listening to podcasts while I play iPhone games, and not having that option will make playing MMoJ far less appealing to me.

Love the game despite it almost being unplayable (iPhone 3GS user here, yeah yeah I know *sniff*, its runs at 3-7 FPS (it seems) and heats up my phone - I want to upgrade for this game lol!), I'm just wondering like other "set it and forget it"-type games (Tiny Tower for example), when you train heroes can you turn off the game and they will still continue to do stuff? Because some skills take 20+ minutes to complete. Maybe its just my antique phone, but it just seems to pause the game. Not letting it play in sleep mode, or is that intended?

Sorry, its hard for me to describe what I mean :P

This game is absolutely amazing, it reminds me of Theme Hospital for PC way back in the day.

Some gameplay comments

- the difficulty is just right, bosses can be best in 2/3 turns with an all-out attack, normal mobs can be beat with one AoE attack.

- I don't get the need to delegate missions because 1. the percentages are usually around 50% and they take longer than if you would just fight the mission. Even with maxed out characters, delegating on the last level only amounts to 50-60% success.

- I always thought that delegating would be needed for lower level missions, but at the end game lower level missions usually don't appear as much anymore.

- Needs a way to train defense, I don't understand why this is not a stat you can train

- i really like how the character progression works from the different skills, to the costume upgrades to the equipments. THis is very well done.

-

I just beat the final story level today, and this is one of my favorite games on my iPod!

A couple problems with the game:

I've had random crashes a couple of times when just normally starting/finishing crimes. I own the iPod 4th generation.

Later in the game, missions became easy; a single "every enemy" attacks finished off most crimes. It needs a bit of balancing.

And on that note, the bosses were way too easy, and near when I first started playing, I was getting completely pummeled by the crimes in the 3rd area, the city.

However, besides this, the game was great.

The gameplay is good, but the story and writing were the best part, I loved the "Canadian dragon". The characters were fun too.

Animations are fun too, see the screenshots section.

One more thing I liked is how you really aren't stressed to spend money on anything. You can pay for Superium if you want to, but you get enough for a hero from a boss battle, and tasks are short enough that you don't really feel like speeding it up.

Some things I noticed that were fun:

XlF4s.png

MM + SP, quickly found out that was Surge Protector, and now I use them together constantly. ;)

A4xMu.jpg

The animations are fun, and reflect a bit of personality in the characters. @man is texting while working, Masked mummy is snoozing, Hot Head is using a stress ball to help his anger, and Crimebot is doing some antenna thing.

6qI4P.jpg

This is what happens if you fail the Fire rescue, This made me laugh.

PzQYQ.jpg

You have to admit they are doing well.

I loved this game, and can't wait for future updates!

P.S. I loved it so much I bought the copier. Put those $2 to good use!

My kids are enjoying the game as much as I, which leads me to ask for multiple saved games on one device. Right now, I'm deleting and reloading the whole game whenever a different one of my (3-6 yr old) children wants to play.

Yeah, we've been thinking about this and have heard a bunch of requests for this as well. We'll follow up with it in the New Year.

I'm assuming you're doing 2d graphics, not 3d. It work something like this:

- Create a copy of the office with no characters. Call this the background. It should have all beds, etc. in place.

- Calculate (or pre-calculate) any over-hangs on objects (e.g. the top and left sides of the bed, the computer monitors, etc.) Put those on a transparent image. Call this the foreground.

- All characters walk in the middle-ground.

- Make sure all pathing areas do not include walking close (under) walls. This makes the UI easier (you can find/tap characters easier) as well as making it unnecessary to z-index the walls.

- You then end up with two solid images for foreground and background that won't change (except when people level things up) and a middle-ground where characters roam. You can use the view-port to decide when to render a character.

Alternatively, you can use 3d to this, but then you have other things that cost memory and cpu. Which can be tricky.

If you look at Simpson's Tapped Out on an iPad with lots and lots of buildings, you can catch it removing and rendering things as they get to the edge of the screen. That makes me think they only render what's on screen at the moment. That can be done too, but you have to carefully keep track of *everything* independently of the view-screen. It's do-able, as well.

Ciao!

So all of those work for rendering, but we would have to come up with a streaming system, and somehow load and unload a lot of textures on the fly, which we already do, but might slow things down. We'll definitely think more about it!

Loving the game so far, but please, please, PLEASE let us play other music in the background and not have the MMoJ music override any other music on the device - I kept wanting to play the game while listening to this week's Giant Bombcast (Brad and crew talked about the game, which led to me downloading it!), but the Bombcast kept pausing when I went into the game, even after I turned off all music and SFX in the game. I'm sure the music is wonderful in the game, but I like multitasking and listening to podcasts while I play iPhone games, and not having that option will make playing MMoJ far less appealing to me.

We want to get this working too! Definitely up there in priority for the coming update!

Love the game despite it almost being unplayable (iPhone 3GS user here, yeah yeah I know *sniff*, its runs at 3-7 FPS (it seems) and heats up my phone - I want to upgrade for this game lol!), I'm just wondering like other "set it and forget it"-type games (Tiny Tower for example), when you train heroes can you turn off the game and they will still continue to do stuff? Because some skills take 20+ minutes to complete. Maybe its just my antique phone, but it just seems to pause the game. Not letting it play in sleep mode, or is that intended?

Sorry, its hard for me to describe what I mean :P

The game IS intended to keep running when it's not on. I've heard of this not working, and that's definitely a bug. I've intended for any timed activities to keep running while the game isn't running/backgrounded. We're going to definitely dig into this issue more!

This game is absolutely amazing, it reminds me of Theme Hospital for PC way back in the day.

Some gameplay comments

- the difficulty is just right, bosses can be best in 2/3 turns with an all-out attack, normal mobs can be beat with one AoE attack.

- I don't get the need to delegate missions because 1. the percentages are usually around 50% and they take longer than if you would just fight the mission. Even with maxed out characters, delegating on the last level only amounts to 50-60% success.

- I always thought that delegating would be needed for lower level missions, but at the end game lower level missions usually don't appear as much anymore.

- Needs a way to train defense, I don't understand why this is not a stat you can train

- i really like how the character progression works from the different skills, to the costume upgrades to the equipments. THis is very well done.

-

Glad that you are enjoying the game! The health can be considered to be defense, and equipment also increases that as well. We tried to go for as streamlined approach to stats as we could! I'm also thinking about making the delegate timer to be a bit shorter....

I just beat the final story level today, and this is one of my favorite games on my iPod!

A couple problems with the game:

I've had random crashes a couple of times when just normally starting/finishing crimes. I own the iPod 4th generation.

Later in the game, missions became easy; a single "every enemy" attacks finished off most crimes. It needs a bit of balancing.

And on that note, the bosses were way too easy, and near when I first started playing, I was getting completely pummeled by the crimes in the 3rd area, the city.

However, besides this, the game was great.

The gameplay is good, but the story and writing were the best part, I loved the "Canadian dragon". The characters were fun too.

Animations are fun too, see the screenshots section.

One more thing I liked is how you really aren't stressed to spend money on anything. You can pay for Superium if you want to, but you get enough for a hero from a boss battle, and tasks are short enough that you don't really feel like speeding it up.

Some things I noticed that were fun:

XlF4s.png

MM + SP, quickly found out that was Surge Protector, and now I use them together constantly. ;)

A4xMu.jpg

The animations are fun, and reflect a bit of personality in the characters. @man is texting while working, Masked mummy is snoozing, Hot Head is using a stress ball to help his anger, and Crimebot is doing some antenna thing.

6qI4P.jpg

This is what happens if you fail the Fire rescue, This made me laugh.

PzQYQ.jpg

You have to admit they are doing well.

I loved this game, and can't wait for future updates!

P.S. I loved it so much I bought the copier. Put those $2 to good use!

Yay!!! Glad that you enjoyed the game! Mark and Gabe has done an awesome job with the writing and the drawing! Definitely more needs to be tuned, especially in the later areas. I'm definitely going to turn some attention to that. Look out for the upcoming updates. There's going to be some fun content coming soon!!! :D

Just want to start off by saying that I really enjoy the game and it is a great free to play game.

I have one bug that I do not hing had been mentioned before and a few suggestions.

Bug:

- I have an iPhone 5 and an iPad retina. When I use the cloud save to swap between devices it works well. However when I do the time on the Mission map runs at double speed. So time on that map passes differently then base time, so if I wait 30 seconds for a character to rest it ends up running down the mission clocks by 60 seconds. The only way I can get around this by exiting the game and actually shutting it down (2 clicks on the home button press and hold the app, click x) when I restart the map will be back to the proper speed.

Suggestions:

- I do not know exactly what triggers a save, I believe it is completing a mission. could this be clarified or a save now feature be added.

- The talking at the beginning of a mission overlays the heroes powers, this makes it somewhat tricky to launch a power right at the start of a mission.

-- Could the talking either be moved or

-- Could an opening power be selected prior to the fight.

- When fighting the heroes seem to randomly either focus on one person or spread out and each fight one target.

-- Could this either be a character setting or a group one.

One note I would like to say is that for me time continues to run when I close the app, it will run for somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes then after which it stops.

Other than those minor things I can say that the gameplay is good and that I think that I just bought the coin duplicator just to say a small thank you for making such an entertaining and good game.