Sign in to follow this  
Kee Chi

Superhero and Villain ideas thread

This is where you can suggest new Superheroes and Villains, and story mission ideas.

I'd love to see a bigfoot/yeti/sasquatch character. They don't get represented enough in video games.

I'm still at the beginning of the game, as I haven't had a chance to really sit down and get into it, so maybe one is already present.

I'd love to see a bigfoot/yeti/sasquatch character. They don't get represented enough in video games.

I'm still at the beginning of the game, as I haven't had a chance to really sit down and get into it, so maybe one is already present.

That's an awesome idea! There's been Wendigo, but he's always been a villain. I bet bigfoot is totally heroic! Him and the Masked Mummy can be best buddies!

Oh, I remember Wendigo and how it seemed like he was always fighting Wolverine. Awesome villian.

When I was wondering if Canadians ever had super heroes they did have Sasquatch. +1 for any Bigfoot type character.

Missions:

• I liked the fire and bus missions. What about a mission that has your super dive under water or fly into space and is rated around their health.

• Story mission where you go into an alternative dimension and your hero's are the bad guys and you fight the good bad guys...bad good guys.... yeah

Heroes:

• The Green Hopper (grasshopper boy like Robin) could work as melee or range

• Big Step (a giant set of legs that go past the top of the screen only show boots and knees) for melee.

• Aunt I. (anti hero Aunt or Ant) Melee

• Rubber Band Launcher, range.

Villains:

• PURPLE TENTACLE

Missions:

• I liked the fire and bus missions. What about a mission that has your super dive under water or fly into space and is rated around their health.

• Story mission where you go into an alternative dimension and your hero's are the bad guys and you fight the good bad guys...bad good guys.... yeah

Heroes:

• The Green Hopper (grasshopper boy like Robin) could work as melee or range

• Big Step (a giant set of legs that go past the top of the screen only show boots and knees) for melee.

• Aunt I. (anti hero Aunt or Ant) Melee

• Rubber Band Launcher, range.

Villains:

• PURPLE TENTACLE

- Yeah! We have plans to add more mission types. We're thinking about flying off to space and beating on a meteor. I'd love to see more fights happen in the sky too.

- Oh man, alternate reality stuff can be really awesome!

Hah, I wonder if Tim (or LEC) would let us use Purple Tentacle.

Back Up: Basically a Super Hero that's a mix of Bulldozer and Wrestler. Key feature, reversed head. Would be funny to see his basic melee attack, AKA a back kick. Specials could be a sky high body slam or a honk (based on a more truck design).

Picture 7.jpg

578d002b9b070_Picture7.jpg.f717f48e4953b

Back Up: Basically a Super Hero that's a mix of Bulldozer and Wrestler. Key feature, reversed head. Would be funny to see his basic melee attack, AKA a back kick. Specials could be a sky high body slam or a honk (based on a more truck design).

Hhahahah, oh man, that's an awesome kick animation!

Some characters from the double fine gameiverse would be rad to see - a few of the psychonauts maybe, and characters from brutal legend for example.

Also, I have an arch-nemesis idea for the heroic little Middle Manager guy to go up against in story arcs - the Marketing Consultant...OF DOOM.

I once designed a character named Garbage Man. He wore a soiled green bodysuit and a cowl that allowed only his face to show. He had a goofy but kind grin, and wispy chin whiskers. No cape. He wore a bent wirehanger on top of his head to amplify his ability to be one with the trash. This power allowed him to absorb the waste fumes around him, which gave him increased strength and keenness of mind. Think Pig-Pen from Peanuts meets Oscar the Grouch meets Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

His arch-nemesis was The Dreaded Soap. He was a giant bar of blue soap.

If this character were to appear in Middle Manager of Justice it would make ten-year old me quite happy.

I like the idea of putting some characters in the game from other Double Fine games. Also, how about Double Fine employees? Ask around to see if anyone would be interested in having a cartoon/comic likeness of them in the game and what power they'd want. :lol:

And so the existing characters don't get overshadowed, maybe make the additional characters as IAP for $.99? I'd definitely buy them all. Keep any original characters as free.

I think a 'Poindexter' superhero...or supervillian...would be good!

Smiles

Some characters from the double fine gameiverse would be rad to see - a few of the psychonauts maybe, and characters from brutal legend for example.

Also, I have an arch-nemesis idea for the heroic little Middle Manager guy to go up against in story arcs - the Marketing Consultant...OF DOOM.

Hahhaha, Marketing Consultant of Doom sounds awesome! And yeah, we've thought about crossovers! If you see in the AF prototype we've included Eddie as a playable rare character! We may end up doing this in the future.

I once designed a character named Garbage Man. He wore a soiled green bodysuit and a cowl that allowed only his face to show. He had a goofy but kind grin, and wispy chin whiskers. No cape. He wore a bent wirehanger on top of his head to amplify his ability to be one with the trash. This power allowed him to absorb the waste fumes around him, which gave him increased strength and keenness of mind. Think Pig-Pen from Peanuts meets Oscar the Grouch meets Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

His arch-nemesis was The Dreaded Soap. He was a giant bar of blue soap.

If this character were to appear in Middle Manager of Justice it would make ten-year old me quite happy.

Hhhahahaha, love the arch nemesis. Awesome hero idea!!

I think a 'Poindexter' superhero...or supervillian...would be good!

Smiles

Hah, maybe tied to the Middle Manager somehow? Perhaps someone he slighted from Middle Manager school? Hmmmm...

Buddy Budha - Think jolly fat hippy in a robe with prayer beads. Attacks: Turn The Other Cheek (a mighty smack upside the head), The Wheel of Karma (cartwheels into the baddies) and Enlightenment (flashes bright to stun the baddies).

Why? Because every good superhero universe needs a god or two.

His nemesis: Media Mogul - A Troll stuffed into a business suit, carrying a tablet computer. He plans to take over the world by enslaving a miserable humanity through viral social media campaigns, forum antagony and underhanded SEO tactics. To achieve this his minions attack cable companies, soda factories and kidnap celebrities.

I'd like to try and add a bit more to the thread but here's what I have so far.

A level where you have to save people under water or in space. The amount of people you save is dependent on ether your strength or life. Maybe it's seen as more of a bonus level, where it shows up rarely but when it does you could use your strongest hero and see how many people you can save.

Different levels would be nice. I was hoping that after I got to different areas in the game I would see different levels while I'm fighting. Can there be animation in the level like fighting on top of a moving train?

Retro Man -

A 1970/80 technological savvy man/woman that uses VHS tapes and Floppy Disks for his weapons.

Super Middle Manager -

The Middle Manager gets to go out and see some Justice in his Alien Movie inspired robot suit.

(On a side note) I also like Crimebot the best because he reminds me of Bender from Futurama. :)

Superheroes:

Captain Canuckle - costume red and white fist on chest, moose antlers on head. Powers: Moose head, a head butt using the antlers of a moose and the power of a bear. Maple sap, slow an enemy in syrup. Hockey slap hit multiple enemies with a hockey stick to the face.

Villains:

Pistachio & Bottoms up - pudding gone bad, and an unwanted possible dead goldfish. Flushed separately they have joined forces and fermented a plot to exact their revenge. Graphic: a fish floating upside down in a bowl of pudding.

Missions:

Similar to the fire and school buss missions you could have nuclear reactor missions that require multiple heroes, ie one with unit elegance to work the computers, one with strength to repair the damage and one that is tough to enter the reactor and contain it.

If you use the 3 person mission to give people a reason to watch those cut scenes you could also make it into a game of Simon where you need to select characters in an order shown to you for a bonus.

Hope that I'm not TOO late contributing

Heroes

* Butterfly-Man; Born into a poor family, his parents survived a robbery (the robbers didn't even want to shoot at his parents). Now he is exacting revenge, not only did the survival of his parents deny him a big pile of money due to life insurance, but now he can't be in a constant brooding about his parents death. Also with being 35 they still require him to be home for dinner. That's 4.30 p.m.! 6 p.m. he has to go to bed... waking early, because his city needs him!

Mission

* Since you are just a branch, maybe some friendly disputes / get together with other heroes, maybe with a 1% chance that this hero might actually join you. The legendary Legendary

Here's by big superhero idea:

Captain Premium is actually Sweet Justice from the future! He came back in time to fix something he did wrong. So wrong, he changed his name for it forever showed him that justice isn't always sweet. After SJ finds out, CP disappears due to a crack in the space time continuum. About 10 fights later, a super villlian battle, some lab research, SJ ends up cloning himself fixing a tear in the universe and allowing for them to co-exist in the same timeline without causing annoying time travel mechanics.

If the game ever gets ported over into PC/MAC Computers & Game Systems, I would like to see some exclusive Heroes/Villains & Missions that you can only play if you get the game on the following:

Xbox Live (Xbox 360) exclusives:

The Ex-Boxer (villain): A would-be super villain that uses old cardboard boxes as armor.

Attack of the Ex-Boxes (mission): All over the city, old cardboard boxes are coming alive and attacking people (thinks to The Ex-Boxer), and it up to the heroes to try and stop them.

Playstation Network (Playstation 3) exclusives:

The Elemental Trio (heroes): A Super Hero Trio with the powers of Earth (The Earthling), Air (Hot Air), and Water (Water Hazard).

Toxic-Earth Day (mission): The heroes must team up with The Elemental Trio in order to clean up the city after a villain covers it with Toxic Waste.

Steam (PC/MAC Computers) exclusives:

The Steampunk (hero): A Steampunk themed hero that uses Steam powered weapons to fight evil.

It's Steampunk Time (mission): when the city is sent back in time to the year 1888, the heroes must team up with the hero Steampunk in order to get everyone back home to there real timeline.

So, what do you guys think?

Heya guys!

First post here! I've been itching to upload some superhero character ideas here, but I had to wait for my account to be fully activated :)

I thought the aforementioned 'Sasquatch/Yeti/Bigfoot' idea was intriguing, so I drew up a design of that.

Here is his information, as per the Hero Resume :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Normal Feet

Back of Card: This big, furry guy looks strangely familiar. He’s highly secretive, and would much rather make you resemble a pretzel than answer your prying questions!

OBJECTIVE:

To become a super hero in the human world and gain acceptance through honourable deeds!

SUMMARY:

I have much experience in the ways of living a normal human life. I have spent my childhood growing up normally, with a normal loving family. I am very strong, but this is not suspicious. I would love to work for Justice Corp and finally be appreciated.

WORK EXPERIENCE:

Normal Human Child Birth – Present

Escapee of Photographers Birth - Present

SPECIAL SKILLS:

Stomp, Log Roll, Blurry Image

REFERENCES:

Normal Human Mother

Normal Human Father

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I liked the idea that he was trying out being a superhero as a way of mingling with the humans, while being able to retain a hidden identity :)

Fantastic game, Double Fine :D

Normal Feet Walking.jpg

Normal Feet.jpg

578d002e8e7e4_NormalFeetWalking.jpg.479f

578d002e92439_NormalFeet.jpg.e75a4b94a7c

Second Hero Concept!

I noticed that Surge Protector listed 'Dr. Might' as her reference, from the Hero Technical Institute.

So I decided to expand upon him :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Might

Back of Card: Director of the Hero Technical Institute, Dr. Might has tutored many aspiring heroes with a firm hand. His true passion, however, is the call of justice!

OBJECTIVE:

To lecture criminals upon the ill-nature of their vocation, while continuing to be a role model for ambitious student heroes.

SUMMARY:

Having achieved a PhD in Physical Conflict and Virtuous Behaviour, I have more than enough experience to aid Justice Corp and uphold its goals. I wish to elucidate my brethren with tips and advice in the field, and I am open for private tutoring sessions if one is sufficiently interested. I have great power, and great responsibility.

WORK EXPERIENCE:

College Prof. at Vigilante University 1964 - 1973

Director of Hero Technical Institute 1981-Present

SPECIAL SKILLS:

Assignment Attack, Educate, The Cane

REFERENCES:

Arctic Albert, Asst. Prof. of Vigilante University

Master Monster, Lecturer at Hero Technical Institute

Dr. Might.jpeg

578d002e95e98_Dr.Might.jpeg.447af04053cf

Third Hero Concept! :)

This guy grew out of an idea for a watery hero, but not simply a human being who can control H2O.

I struggled with what exactly his motivations were for joining Justice Corp., and also with his name.

Thus, both are works in progress and any suggestions are welcome :)

I also had a few ideas for what creature resides within, and didn't settle on one! I believe the attachment limit is 3 photos, so I'll post twice to show you guys the 6 concepts I had

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Red Herring

Back of Card: Originally designed in a secret government facility to be a mobile aquarium, the aquatic creature that resided within took a liking to terrestrial travel and decided to escape. Dubbing itself ‘Red Herring’, this marine hero swore itself to justice after a crook stole his fish food.

OBJECTIVE:

To exact lawful revenge upon all criminals and, by extension, their organisations!

SUMMARY:

My super suit has given me great strength, which I would like to use to the betterment of landkind. Harnessing the power of the sea, criminals will be swept away with ease. I can easily turn the tide of any battle!

WORK EXPERIENCE:

Sea-faring Organism Birth - 2010

Experimental Mobile Aquarium 2010 - Present

SPECIAL SKILLS:

Tidal Wave, Sand Bank, Kelp Tangle

REFERENCES:

Paul the Octopus, Oceanic Oracle

Flipper, TV Star

Red Herring Fish Bowl Concept.jpg

Red Herring Little Fish Concept.jpg

Red Herring Grouper Concept.jpg

578d002e9984a_RedHerringFishBowlConcept.

578d002e9d1c6_RedHerringLittleFishConcep

578d002ea1e41_RedHerringGrouperConcept.j

Hero Name: Synergy

Bonuses

• Hero groups that include Synergy automatically get a +power bonus.

Abilities (ideas)

• Synergy will have exclusive abilities, like every other hero. One of those abilities, however, can be any of the other hero's abilities. (e.g., Synergy could select one of his abilities as flaming balls or orbital strike). This would make him extremely versatile for every team, as Synergy is all about teamwork.

• I imagine another ability would revolve around removing the synergy from enemy teams. This would cause enemies to become confused and have the chance to damage each other for one round. ("It hurt itself in its confusion!")

• I imagine the other ability as something that pulls the team together, providing a synergistic shield from damage for one round.

Hahaha, I LOVE the name Synergy. The game definitely could use more teamwork oriented heroes. That's why Gloomerang has more support and buff oriented abilities.

:/

I can't help but feel a little bitter that WillOgles got some recognition, and my posts were left ignored...