Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

Brent guitar playing is awesome.

Watching the most recent 2PP episode and Brent's guitar playing is excellent! Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the final mix!

Thanks, Brent!

You guys should try some guitar+wind! =D

Watching the most recent 2PP episode and Brent's guitar playing is excellent! Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the final mix!

Thanks, Brent!

Haha, wait. I didn't see that yet!

Thank you very much :) I had a blast doing it.

I like the pan-flute with the guitar in your link. I'm going to spend a few weeks this month recording some of my instrumentals and will keep that in mind.

Thanks, Brent!

Haha, wait. I didn't see that yet!

Thank you very much :) I had a blast doing it.

I like the pan-flute with the guitar in your link. I'm going to spend a few weeks this month recording some of my instrumentals and will keep that in mind.

Feel free to post 'em. =D

Yeah, Brent- some cool ass strummin' you were doing! In fact, a lot of you DF folks seem to have musical talent!

Yeah, Brent- some cool ass strummin' you were doing! In fact, a lot of you DF folks seem to have musical talent!

Thanks a bunch :) We do have a lot of talented musicians here. More than any other place I've worked, for sure.

I still haven't seen that video! I'm pretty busy and don't always get the chance to see the previews for these - you mean the latest DFA video, right? It's been so crazy here lately!!!

Brent is really good! Wish he could have had more time in the documentary.

Im totally digging this other guy who is in the new episode. The moustached guy that's playing the squeeze box (Hope this is the correct english name for that instrument) is one of my new idols, i think.

Im totally digging this other guy who is in the new episode. The moustached guy that's playing the squeeze box (Hope this is the correct english name for that instrument) is one of my new idols, i think.

Thanks again!

That's Dax and the instrument is an Accordion. I know Dax via a band-mate who works at the cafe where I host an open mic and asked if we could borrow some skillz. If you want to check the band out: Corpus Callosum - they're a performance band and extremely talented - their shows are quite amazing and if you live in the bay area - they're one to follow and check out.

Thanks a bunch :) We do have a lot of talented musicians here. More than any other place I've worked, for sure.

I still haven't seen that video! I'm pretty busy and don't always get the chance to see the previews for these - you mean the latest DFA video, right? It's been so crazy here lately!!!

Not the DFA. Amnesia Fortnight! Although that's probably what you meant. At least I know I keep getting them confused. DFA... DFAF... DFAC.... DFAN.... man this company needs to get a few more letters in some of its names for things!

2 Player Productions documentary for Amnesia Fortnight. You show up for some strumming in the second half of episode 4.

Compliments fairly deserved, Brent ;)

I totally loved your presentation video. It was you with this Davy Crockett hat singing and playing the guitar, if I recall correctly. It made me laugh :)

The Accordion is a well known instrument here in Italy (even in all Europe I think), and it's radicated in our folk musical tradition. The fact is I didn't know the correct english translation for it, but it appears you got the sense anyway ;)

Curiosity: the italian word for Accordion is Fisarmonica, which i discovered just 5 seconds ago it belong from the greek harmonikos, meaning harmonic (Wiki rules!)

I'm checking right now for Corpus Callosum. Awesome name, awesome sounds.

Unluckily, here it's 2 AM, so I really need to go sleeping. I'll check them better tomorrow on Bandcamp. Obviously I don't live nowhere near the Bay Area, so I won't never have a chance to see them live. :(

EDIT: Check Spelling is an awesome utility I never noticed. Wow!

Thanks again!

That's Dax and the instrument is an Accordion. I know Dax via a band-mate who works at the cafe where I host an open mic and asked if we could borrow some skillz. If you want to check the band out: Corpus Callosum - they're a performance band and extremely talented - their shows are quite amazing and if you live in the bay area - they're one to follow and check out.

Whats this open mic thing?

I havent seen all the streams yet.

And thanks for the rundown of the equipment

As a Musician myself it sure is intresting but i think im just an Amateur compared to a lot of people.

I think my skills are quite rusty as well now, since i havent played Bass or perfomed or made any music in quite some time.

Not the DFA. Amnesia Fortnight! Although that's probably what you meant. At least I know I keep getting them confused. DFA... DFAF... DFAC.... DFAN.... man this company needs to get a few more letters in some of its names for things!

2 Player Productions documentary for Amnesia Fortnight. You show up for some strumming in the second half of episode 4.

Ah! That's where it is. THanks :) It's hard for me to keep track of everything that's happening around here as you know, we're really busy!

Thanks again!

Whats this open mic thing?

I havent seen all the streams yet.

And thanks for the rundown of the equipment

As a Musician myself it sure is intresting but i think im just an Amateur compared to a lot of people.

I think my skills are quite rusty as well now, since i havent played Bass or perfomed or made any music in quite some time.

Ah, well, I host an open mic near the Double Fine office here in San Francisco on Wednesday nights between 7-9PM at a little cafe called The Creamery. It's an original material only event so we don't allow covers and encourage songwriters. It's usually very low key and we have 4-10 performers and lately have been ending the evening with some open jams. Last week I had a fiddle player and this week I did some improvisation with one of the regulars who plays some really cool jazz styles. I'm pretty active in the local music open mic scene - I haven't graduated to a higher level yet where I have actual fans and can book shows on a regular basis but I'm hoping to get there one day.

I have so much music I have never recorded and plan to start doing that ASAP.

I like you :)

Thanks a bunch too! I tried to be a bit different and since I'm an aspiring musician, I wanted my pitch to reflect that. I should probably record the 30 sec pitch song at the proper speed since I had to compress it to fit.

I had thought about making a parody of my own pitch song - something like "You should have voted for shine run, so I could have made my game... "

Brent

I had thought about making a parody of my own pitch song - something like "You should have voted for shine run, so I could have made my game... "

...but you didn't vote for Shine Run, AND NOW YOU ALL MUST PAY!

*adds some minor chords*

Is the music available to listen/download from anywhere? Like some of the other AF games music is?

I think they'll be putting a soundtrack of the music on the AF Humble Bundle download page. So if you've purchased the bundle, you'll eventually get the music. I don't think they've announced a release date for that, but I assume it'll be around the time they release the games.

It suddenly just occurred to me to ask. I suppose you may not have joined the company yet at the time, Brent, but if you were around back then, did you by any chance help with the guitar for Whispering Rock Summer Camp?

Is the music available to listen/download from anywhere? Like some of the other AF games music is?

It currently is not to my understanding. As for if it will be at some point, I cannot answer. I wouldn't mind developing the guitar stuff out a little more just for the fun of it...

Sign in to follow this