Sign in to follow this  
yuenkay

The Environment Day 6

Did another screencast late today. At about 4:20 mark: http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine/b/345562857

I showed some supppper aweseome Derek concepts that weren't posted on the forums!

And a cat from Cat Heaven Island.

We got a lot of traversal in today, so I'm feeling pretty happy. Now I can spend my time in the space building out and texturing the lego pieces and Andy can use the pieces to create the actual traversal path in the MUE. I hope to see the puzzle working soon, I am thinking of only building stuff out once the functionality is in for that area. Plenty of other things to make look "not gray box".

Also placed the audio cues with Brian. The sound volumes and sound source points are also placed in the MUE, they then reference whatever music magic that Brian creates.

Enjoy these 2 screens of the interior!

Scary! You can feel oppressed by that environment. There's a big feeling of weight to the broken down platforms that makes it feel like it's going to be a hard climb and also it will be a hard fall if you miss a jump.

Thanks for streaming again. I've learned so much in the last week and the texture stuff you were doing was fascinating. Can't wait to try it out myself.

how much of those platforms and stuff are reused? :o It looks amazing! Great job with the daily posts its really way above and beyond the call of duty, and its going to be great to look back on the chronicles of Jane once its all over! :D

It seems that at Double Fine y'all model a lot more like CG Film production rather than low-poly game meshes, and I love it! Great work Jane! I can only hope to be as awesome as you are! :)

oh wow. Yeah I can see how using only a single light-source wouldn't work for that. It's starting to look great though. I keep getting excited then I have to remind myself this isn't a full game. I do really like the atmosphere though, it gives me a magic realism sort of feel. Which is what I hope the game will be like too.

Also good job typing up posts everyday that is dedication.

White Birch looking good, the lighting and the overall mood is spot on.

Now I know its pretty late in the game but during the last livestream I saw how easy you were able to make color adjustments.I mean from full color to sepia.

So I had this idea which I posted on the chatbox about having some sort of color grading as you go up the tower.

Basically you start of grayscale or perhaps desaturated bluish hues /monotone then eventually as you go higher you'll have full color with warm reds and yellows.

I think the progression from cool to warm go well with the theme and also can serve as a visual cue of the progress you make as you climb the tower.

Just my two cents though but overall I think you guys are doing an awesome job with the prototype can't wait to play it.So yeah cheers.

P.S. Jane can you post some of the watercolor painting you did of tress I believe,I'm a sucker for those kind of artworks since its my most favorite traditional medium

Sign in to follow this